Ahoy again,

yet another ship has entered Oleon's Merchant Navy.

It's my fourth FB this month, so feel free to approve, should you like her :thumbup:

I'd like to present to you 'Amphitrite's Lily'.

25232339606_a5ded4bb16_c.jpg

'Amphitrite's Lily' must be the oldest ship still afloat in the Sea of Storms. A small cog, surely no beauty, a true relic in terms of a ship's life expectancy. Having been around since the Juniper War, in which she was used as a supply ship, she served Oleon greatly and was mustered out years ago, waiting to be broken up. Now, however, the Nation calls her once more! Every vessel is needed in the race for expansion.

She is put at the command of one of Oleon's greatest sea dogs, a man - no - a legend almost as old as the 'Lily' herself. And he rules the deck with an iron fist.

No doubt there is: the two relics will prevail again!

24631815683_9ddfcb7ce5_c.jpg

24627969674_e05ba108e4_c.jpg

About this ship. Believe it or not, this old bucket is buildable. This technique kind of 'happened', and I think it works out alright depicting (very) old ships. The structure at its base is formed by hinge plates, and the sides are held together with flex tubes. All is attached to the ship's central axis at multiple points, it'd be decently stable.

Oh, and I hope I got the sail right this time :pir-grin:

Thanks for watching,

C&C welcome

Vive le Roi!

So the French are coming out of their ports this month pirate_blush.gif

I like the sail design with the fleur in it, and how nice and roomy her deck is, well designed!

Looks nice and I like the flag detail. I look forwarded to boarding and/or sinking her. :)

I approve

A true cog! Instantly recognizable as such. I'd love to see some images that displayed the construction technique better. And as stated by others, the fleur de lis on the sail is a great detail. I approve!

I'd love to see some images that displayed the construction technique better.

Me too.

A fine looking relic for a relic on the forum. :pir-laugh:

:thumbup:

Great ship! I really like the box, and that fleur de lis on the sail is quit good-looking

Another fine vessel, KB. I've been wondering how long it will take before all the different types are built and this is one step closer. Interesting technique on the hull and good job making a simple type of vessel look really sharp. I guess those sails are a pain, but they look pretty good - better, I believe, than solid-color designs. And it's nice to hear a little historic background which makes the seemingly obsolete design fit in well. Good work and keep it up. :classic:

But tell me that isn't you in the shako hustling on deck. :grin:

I approve. :thumbup:

Lovely sail! Hull is very nice as well. Really like the castle-like battlements too! :thumbup:

Good looking digital build and render. :thumbup:

How are the sail and fleur de lys held together? I don't see any pieces joining them together.

You're really turning out some nice vessels. Once again, I can't find anything wrong with it, and the techniques are innovative and as usual pirate_classic.gif.

Thanks a lot to all of you, it sure feels nice to get such positive feedback :pir-cry_happy:

So the French are coming out of their ports this month :pir-blush:

So it would seem :pir-wink:

I'm really enjoying your digital builds! I approve :thumbup:

Thank you, that means a lot :pir-blush:

I look forwarded to boarding and/or sinking her. :)

Just why? :pir-grin:

Just dont send it against a storm! Both relics will be washed ashore :pir_laugh2: :pir_laugh2:

I think not. After all the combined experience of both is terrifying. If I were a storm, I'd stay the hell out of the way of these two... and probably wet myself :pir-laugh:

I've been wondering how long it will take before all the different types are built and this is one step closer.

But tell me that isn't you in the shako hustling on deck. default_laugh2.gif

Captain! Amazing how you always seem to know what's up :pir-oh:

And the guy... don't get me started on him! First he shows up in Bastion telling stories, now this. That must be the most incompetent deck rat ever. I mean, look at the mess he's making. What a tool!

How are the sail and fleur de lys held together? I don't see any pieces joining them together.

They are not connected, they are just floating around. Having connections looks just hideous. Plus, I consider them only placeholders, so I don't really care they are not 'real'. Also, they are annoying to handle as f***.

For those of you wondering about the hull design, the 'Royal Naval Academy' can provide you with a schematic:

25171076411_1547111300_c.jpg

Fancy colors, anyone?

As you can see, there's a lot of hinge plates. They are connected to the keel via the pink parts (you could surely add even more connections). On the left you see one of the segments the hull is made of. Well, and the flex tubes act as a ring beam. LDD only offers a very limited range of them that can actually be 'flexed', but you get the point: go for as long as possible. At best, connect both sides 'over the prow'. And should one ring beam not suffice, just add another one further up the hull. The rest is adaptation.

Looks like it came right from 1066.

Lovely traditional cog.

Thanks. Yes, it is a relic. Maybe her secret is that the bottom of the sea just doesn't want such old vessels. You know, personal pride and such :pir-grin:

Thanks for the explanation of this technique! It gives birth to a ton of nice building ideas!

Welcome :thumbup:

Great looking ship, love the deck rat :thumbup:

Oh, nooooooooo. Now you've encouraged him! :pir-laugh:Look what you've done!

Edited by Kolonialbeamter

That is one magnificent hull, KB! I am really pleased to see that we do not limit ourselves to one period of time, and that you make the effort to explain her somewhat dated design is just another plus in my book!

The shaping is brilliant, and those fore- and sterncastles are just wonderful - right in the spirit of the cog. I love the wide, bulky shape of the hull.

I can't help wondering how steady that hull would be, if if was build "in the brick", so to speak.

And lastly, I believe the sails point in the right direction this time - just having one sail does make it a tad less complicated, I find! :pir_laugh2:

Some might comment that the sail looks a bit small though, to propel such a considerable vessel, and wonder why the sheets are attached midsail and runs forward? Shouldn't the sheets be attached to the actual sheets of the sail(corners) and be pulling backwards, against the pressure of the wind? :pir-wink:

All in all this is a beautiful build and I approve. It is nice to see the Oleon navy growing, albeit not as fast as one could wish. We need adverseries to offer us honourable battles! :pir-wink:

What a fine enlarged bathing tube you have there ...

(clears throat) Howdy, 'tis a fine ship indeed, Sir.

Pity 'tis sailing for that leon thingy pirate_laugh2.gif

You really are "back"! Amazing output!

And an excellent design of a curved hull. Thanks for enlightening us by showing how you've done it. Respekt, Alter, as they say.

pirate_laugh_new.gif

Oh, that means, I must approve: :thumbup:

Awesome ship, KB, that hull technique is really superb, and the sail looks fantastic as well! pirate_satisfied.gif You've definitely got my approval! pirate_wink.gif:thumbup:

What a fine enlarged bathing tube you have there ...

(clears throat) Howdy, 'tis a fine ship indeed, Sir.

Pity 'tis sailing for that leon thingy pirate_laugh2.gif

pirate_laugh_new.gifdefault_roflmao.gif

Thanks, guys, your support is very much appreciated!

Some might comment that the sail looks a bit small though, to propel such a considerable vessel, and wonder why the sheets are attached midsail and runs forward? Shouldn't the sheets be attached to the actual sheets of the sail(corners) and be pulling backwards, against the pressure of the wind? pirate_wink.gif

It is nice to see the Oleon navy growing, albeit not as fast as one could wish. We need adverseries to offer us honourable battles! pirate_wink.gif

Some might. Lucky for me you don't, eh? :pir-grin:

Oh, and be careful with what you wish for :pir-wink:

Pity 'tis sailing for that leon thingy :pir-grin:

Yo, Alter, I'm bäck! :pir_laugh2:

Outrageous defamation! Lucky for you the Most Noble King is in good mood. :pir-wink:

:pir-laugh::roflmao:

This is turning into a pattern :pir-grin: