Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

[OL - FB3] The 'Revenant'

Ahoy mateys,

may I present my first ship in these waters, the Class 2F cutter 'Revenant'.

This is also my third FB this month, so if you like it, please approve :thumbup:

24602436304_a9ba0850c5_c.jpg

The 'Revenant' is a fine example of Oleon's new 'Piranha'-class cutter, introduced by the 'Royal Shipyards' of Breshaun. It's the first time an entire class of ships was not planned in the motherland, showing the growing importance of both the island of Le Bellan and Breshaun's 'Royal Shipyards' branch. Designed for speed and manouverability this new class of vessels is considered a great fit for the tricky waters around Le Bellan with their shallows and strong, ever changing currents. Being regarded excellent crafts these ships fulfill their purpose as merchantmen as well as minor military vessels for both convoy duty and costal patrol.

The 'Revenant' is commanded by Guillaume Lejeune, a skilled and experienced sailor and now entrepreneur, constantly busy shuffling goods in between the various ports of the New and Old World. He proudly flies the flag of the Oleander Merchant Navy, showing his devotion to the King and Oleon's cause.

24937492820_b660e85f97_c.jpg

24602437944_d1740a3e86_c.jpg

About this ship: I'm not a big fan of fancy colors, plus most specialized parts don't come in a broad variety of them, so the ship might look a bit dull. But as always all could be built in real bricks, just sails and rigging are placeholders, and the yards would require rigging to be held in place. The construction would be stabil, maybe even swooshable.

The name was chosen hoping the ship will return from all the MCRAs to come.

C&C welcome.

Vive le Roi!

I can't approve because we're the same color, but Boy is that one nice looking vessel. :pir-classic:

I approve. :thumbup:

I can't approve because we're the same color, but boy is that one nice looking vessel. :pir-classic:

Look, that's what I wanted to say. (except that part of the same color, but I think you had already noticed that) :wink::thumbup:

Another beautiful vessel, KB! :pir-wub:

The colors are a bit dull but the design is lovely, and the story is fine as well. I like the figurehead - a nod to the first bluecoat ship perhaps? I'm particularly impressed with the curvature of the hull and the stern looks nice. Good work.

Of course I approve. :thumbup:

Edited by Captain Dee

Great ship! I love the lines; it has some nice curves, and I think the colors work. And I've always wanted to use those string-with-hand-grip pieces for rigging but never have. It looks like a very functional small merchant ship. I heartily approve!

That is a very pretty cutter, KB. I like her lines and the railings are looking great. The rigging is very well done - those brick.built sails work surprisingly well.

For some reason, her lines makes me think about Dutch vessels. I love the way her cabin is built into the hull, and the transition is just beautiful.

I wonder at her current sails - where would the wind come from for her to have her sails up like this? :pir-tongue: Surely, the mainsail and the maincourse cannot both draw, the way they are set. The way the sails are flowing, I would expect the mainsail to be carried to one side to catch the wind from abaft. Probably, at that wind, I suppose she wouldn't set both maincourse and mainsail, but rather only one of them, and the topsail.

In any case, definitely approved! Well done, beautifully built. The Oleon shipyards sure turn out some pretty ships!

Absolutely amazing, I love it :wub:. You've done a suburb job with the lines and the shape of the decks is perfect. The color scheme, while not my favorite, looks very good, and I'm always amazed by what some people can do with digital models (I have a hard enough time just getting two hinges to align!).

I wonder at her current sails - where would the wind come from for her to have her sails up like this? :pir-tongue:

You'll get some strange breezes on the Brick Seas pir_laugh2.gif.

Thank you, thanks all of you, guys. Your praises are very much appreciated. The 'Royal Shipyards' officials have noted them also, and will further their efforts to present you with even better ships in the future :pir-blush:

I like the figurehead - a nod to the first bluecoat ship perhaps?

Captain! Yes, that was exactly the intention. My first Bluecoat ship here - the parrot it had to be. Cool that you recognized!

And I've always wanted to use those string-with-hand-grip pieces for rigging but never have.

Please, try and let us know if it works out, maybe in reality they are not as annoying to handle as digitally.

I like the hull design and the fact it is entirely buildable in bricks.

Thank you. Yes, that's always my intention, to make it buildable and therefore equal to 'real' MOCs. Making sure of that takes an aweful lot of time, though.

I wonder at her current sails - where would the wind come from for her to have her sails up like this? pirate_tong.gif Surely, the mainsail and the maincourse cannot both draw, the way they are set. The way the sails are flowing, I would expect the mainsail to be carried to one side to catch the wind from abaft. Probably, at that wind, I suppose she wouldn't set both maincourse and mainsail, but rather only one of them, and the topsail.

Haha, you, Sir, are completely right. I have to admit, I hate dealing with sails in LDD, almost as much as with rigging. It's just so frustratingly annoying. Maybe I'll take better care next time :pir-wink:

How do you do these fine boat thingies?

Years of experience by now. Still not handling sails right, though :pir-grin:

I'm always amazed by what some people can do with digital models (I have a hard enough time just getting two hinges to align!).

That's how it starts. However, it gets better with time... much time :pir-wink:

You'll get some strange breezes on the Brick Seas :pir_laugh2:.

Yes, yes that's it! I knew I didn't make a mistake! It's the winds that're wrong :pir-grin:

Excellent ship, the colors you choose are great and I really like the subtle forward angle! :thumbup: