Aussie BJ

WIP The Brick Garage (Town Layout)

Hi all It's been a while since I posted last but as you'll see I've been busy working on a new layout and storage. I was sick of having to pack up at the end of the day so decided I needed something permanent. But it was catch 22 with our Lego room being in our cars home too. After some research I came up with this and I hope you all enjoy.

TrainsFloor.JPG

Trains on the cold concrete floor are no more.

TableBlank.JPG

The new large table so I can now have a permanent display. But what about the car?

Layout.PNG

After a few rough layouts and a bit of paint we now have a base to start our township. But what about the Car?

Well, I hooked up a winch, added some cable and pulleys and now the car can park underneath while I get to enjoy a permanent layout (when down of course!). Here's a link to a few more pictures of the lifting design. It's still a work in progress in regards to the layout but it's getting there and I'll post a few updates soon.

Car.JPG

and done...!

Hope you enjoyed it.

Cheers Brendan

Thanks all I'm very happy with it.

Here's a couple of updates on the town layout.

Tunnel.JPG

GoldMine.JPG

Docks.JPG

Still a WIP with lots more planned. Thanks again for commenting.

Brendan

Dirt would be sure a concern for me too. As long as it is dust only, that can be removed pretty easy, but dirt from the exhaust from your car or so....hmmm.. I cover up my layout after i worked on it with a large sheet of thin plastic foil, which i stapled to 2 pieces of 2.5 meter long wooden broomsticks...maybe you could do that too!

That's cool, but aren't you a bit concerned about dirt coming in every day with your car?

Dirt would be sure a concern for me too. As long as it is dust only, that can be removed pretty easy, but dirt from the exhaust from your car or so....hmmm.. I cover up my layout after i worked on it with a large sheet of thin plastic foil, which i stapled to 2 pieces of 2.5 meter long wooden broomsticks...maybe you could do that too!

Thanks guys I wasn't sure what would happen with dirt and dust but suprisingly it's been pretty good. The floor is cleaned at least once a week and because we don't live in the garage there isn't much dust. Also the car lives outside most of the time and only enters of a night or if storms are around.

That's a great idea, lots of my AFOL friends struggle to get their displays set up due to nowhere to do it, but this allows the garage to be used for both car and LEGO storage.

And once your display is finished, just drop it onto the back of a flatbed ute and drive it to a show - no setup required.

I look forward to seeing how your layout progresses.

First of all, the whole thing with the "flowing table" is great.

This is gonna be an awesome layout Im pretty sure.

I canĀ“t wait to see what is to come.

Great work so far ! :thumbup:

This is a very neat idea. It could be done inside the house too. I can just imagine doing this in our lounge room. We have a central light but a hole could be cut in the board within which you could also stand, for improved access. Going off to talk to hubby now...