Sign in to follow this  
Asad

[MOC] Avalonian Farmstead

First off, here is a small story with <sarcasm> wonderfully crafted characters and a stunning plot. You'll be sucked in in no time, I promise. </sarcasm>

Peter the common, an average pig farmer, lived a boring life. He provided just enough money to keep food on the table, obeyed laws as much as possible, and didn't get drunk at the tavern. One day, while going about his chores, the captian of the guard in Farrveil rode up to the lonely farmstead.

"What brings you here today good sir?" Peter questioned

"Avalonia and Farrveil need an army. You have the honor today of joining the militia of Farrveil. Conform to our ways, and you'll be back to your farm in no time." Captian Liam responded.

"Sir, I can't just leave my family here sir, someone needs to provide for them. My daughter is sick. Please, I can't help you."

"Well, peasant, you can help and will help. come along."

The tone of Captian Liam's voice was enough to get Peter moving in a hurry. Eric, an archer in the Farrveil militia and childhood friend strode up to Peter as the company made their way to Farrveil Keep.

"It isn't so bad, we may be able to serve in the same division," Eric tried to comfort Peter. Peter decided that 'not so bad' remained to be seen...

IMG_3187%252520copy.jpg

IMG_3188%252520copy.jpg

IMG_3189%252520copy.jpg

Plus the house has an interior, so I'd like to submit this farm for the agriculture category for the 4th Avalonia challenge. :wink:

IMG_3191%252520copy.jpg

Highly praiseing comments appreciated. :grin:

Very nice job! The pig rolling over is great! :laugh: That wall looks really good as well, and neat interior! :thumbup:

Good story and excellent build! The floor, walls and landscaping are very well done.

Excellent job with both the exterior and interior of the house (though I'm not too great a fan of unattached tiles), and the landscaping is superb as well! :thumbup: I particularly like the pigs' area and the broken down stone wall, but great job all around! :wink::classic:

Oh, awesome! I really like the inside, but the outside is quite nice as well! Lovely roof, and great vegetation

Excellent farm look, with the stone wall, horse hitching post, and the pigs' trodden area :thumbup: The capes on the bed are a good way to simulate blankets too :classic:

One of the pigs died!!!!

As someone who has worked with livestock, including pigs, I can assure you that an animal lying on its side does not indicate that it is dead.

Nice landscaping, the wall fits very good :classic:

The figs have a very classic feel to them.

Very nice! I love the classic feeling you get when you look at the build.

The house is clearly the highlight of the whole build. I like the roof and also the walls have a good amount of detail in them. From the outside I like it very much, but I'm not a fan of the interior. The unattached tiles are exaggerated for my taste and the whole room seems rather plain. As advice I can say this: I'd rather make a clean, flat floor and put more furniture in there to keep the eye attracted. I'd also use a brickbuilt blanket instead of capes.

All in all, this is a beautiful build, which shows us that we don't need the newest pieces and colours to create something great.

Keep up the good work and kind regards,

Simon

Nice scene and cool way to start your character's story. Many builders want to start their sigfig as a lord or commander (one wanted to enter GoH as a "omnipotent demi-god who shoots fire out of his bum"), so I like that you chose such a humble beginning for your character. Perhaps this Peter the Pig Farmer will one day be Lord of Avalonia?

In any case, welcome to GoH and glad you joined (especially if you're the Asad I know from MocPages)!

Edited by MassEditor