Buggy - https://www.flickr.c...57632939016521/

Sports Car | Trike | Tractor - http://buildinst.sweb.cz/42010en.html

Propeller Plane - http://www.moc-pages.../moc.php/396965

Mower - http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=556873

Tiltrotor - http://blog.naver.co...No=220021029861

Little Dozer - www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=93331

Tractor With Plow And Mower - http://www.bricksafe...42021ModelC.pdf

By the way, I checked all the set numbers in between the ones I have posted and couldn't find any C-Models. Feel free to check them again.

So far I've checked sets 42010 to 42036, with the exception of 42035 since a few of the C-Models were already posted in this thread.

Edited by BusterHaus

Creating a C-model index is a great idea! There have been a lot of great C-models lately.

I am also working on a new set index. We could include the links to the C-models in that index and convert this topic to the discussion topic. Another option would be to create a separate C-model index.

That sounds good. I'll keep collating the info for everyone's suggestions and then we can work out how best to display it. I think a separate index to the main model index might be better, but I don't feel strongly about it :)

Creating a C-model index is a great idea! There have been a lot of great C-models lately.

I am also working on a new set index. We could include the links to the C-models in that index and convert this topic to the discussion topic. Another option would be to create a separate C-model index.

but, there already is a set index. it is pinned on the frontpage of ' LEGO Technic, Mindstorms & Model Team' good luck anyways

Great idea! I'm really looking forward to using this index. I've been searching for them in Rebrickable, by check what can I build, but found it a bit hard to find the C models among the many A and B models.

Yes, though many of those are multi-set models, which don't quite fit the C-model idea for me - at some point I'll trawl through the entry topic though.

There were also size limitations that'd rule out many (maybe most) of the great C models we've seen here.

Yes, 42039 has jumped up my own shopping list for precisely that reason. And yes, I'll be working through filling in details like I did for 42009 above (though updates may be a little sporadic!)

I didn't buy 42039 but got the green panels separately to build it :)

Hey, here's an idea: I don't like scrolling down pages and pages to skip all the C models for 42009 (don't have the parts) to get to the ones I want to see. I'd like it better if it had a structure like the Hall of Fame topic, that is:

- the topic description lists all models, grouped by set number, with a brief description and a link to

- each C model is a comment, with all the details, photos and link to its EB thread and other relevant URLs (rebrickable, mocpages, blogs, etc.)

This make it much easier and quicker to navigate, and you needn't worry about the order in which you add models, just like you needn't post all motorcycles in the HoF in consecutive comments.

Yes, my thinking is moving towards something like that, though I might do it as each official set has all its C-models grouped in one comment, rather than an individual comment for every model. Can see benefits either way.

mr. teeknex build a c-model for 42042:

This is very cool. Maybe i have to buy the 42042 ... MrTekneex is one of the most talented c-model builder out there. Each Model of him is a pleasure to build and most of them are at least on par with the main a-model of the set

Doing a little bit of index collation in the background just now. We're up to 64 entries already (thanks to BusterHaus for tracking down many of these), and that's without tackling Tomik's C-model collection (yet). Good work folks, and some excellent looking designs in here that I never would have come across otherwise.

I will have limited Internet access for the next week, so I'll look for more models next weekend. Thanks for sorting them, Josephiah.

Yes, my thinking is moving towards something like that, though I might do it as each official set has all its C-models grouped in one comment, rather than an individual comment for every model. Can see benefits either way.

I guess it depends on how long each C-model takes. If it's just 1 line of text, with one link, 1 photo and no video, then it should be OK to do it as you say.

However, i like very much the idea of clicking a link in the description and getting directly to the one C-model I'm looking for, without scrolling. I'm lazy 0:)

BTW, there are a few nice C-models for 42010 in Rebrickable: http://rebrickable.com/sets/42010-1/off-road-racer-technic-2013

The tractor is great, it's so tall it doesn't fit under the sofa :)

I see where you're coming from, but in your scenario, how would you know which model you wanted without doing some browsing first, in which case having them grouped might be better? My thinking is that when you come to the index thinking "I've got set 420xx, I wonder what I can build with it?" you can click one link to get to the whole group of c-model options for that set, and choose which one you fancy.

Oh, I think I realized now why all in one comment is better: you can't insert comments between comments... dummy me :/

I was thinking, I'd know which model I wanted by having done the browsing first, another day, and then I wanted to go directly to a specific one.

But then, if one wants to see all C-models for a given set, you need them all in one comment, so you can add more later along them.

Hi all,

Finally managed to make a bit of headway in the background on this (sorry, real life got in the way!). New index topic is here (very much still WIP).

A couple of requests/questions:

• Jim (or another mod) - please could you change the title of this topic to "C-Model Index Discussion"?
  • When I try to add a reply post to my own original post, the forum seems to combine it all into one post - is there any way to change this behaviour? Will it stop doing this after a certain amount of time has elapsed, for example? Or does somebody else need to post in between (which would be annoying)?

Edit: It turns out time is the answer the the 2nd query :blush:

Edited by Josephiah

A couple of requests/questions:

• Jim (or another mod) - please could you change the title of this topic to "C-Model Index Discussion"?
  • When I try to add a reply post to my own original post, the forum seems to combine it all into one post - is there any way to change this behaviour? Will it stop doing this after a certain amount of time has elapsed, for example? Or does somebody else need to post in between (which would be annoying)?

Edit: It turns out time is the answer the the 2nd query :blush:

I think it is 15 minutes.

Yes, I think Jim meant he was in the process of making an updated/better version.

Exactly!

It takes indeed 15 minutes. That's why you sometimes see Alasdair, Blakbird and myself making consecutive posts in the HoF.

I've added both topics to the main Technic Index :thumbup:

Keep up the good work, this is really useful!

A couple more sets added to the index today - slow progress, I'm afraid, as real life keeps getting in the way.

Prolific C-modellers with their own indexes, I'll have to think of a suitable way of adding all or your creations which keeps the workload manageable. Possibly just a mosaic of thumbs linked to your own indexes will be the most straightforward...

(P.s. given the slow-updating nature of this project, if there are particular sets you'd like to see addressed sooner, just let me know.)

Edited by Josephiah

A couple of replies to users who posted on the Index, rather than here:

Dear Vassal:

Many thanks for creating this topic- it is a great page for people who are looking at C models for specific sets.

I have a request - can you also add the links to other 'ultimate' links on this page itself - with the clear notation that the ultimate sets require extra parts and hence are not model C in the normal sense.

That way, this page becomes useful for both sets of people - people who are only looking at model C (i.e. no extra parts) and people who can buy extra parts.

Here is the link to Jurdgen's ultimate makeover for 42009.

Regards,

Sandeep

Hi Sandeep, welcome to Eurobricks. An interesting idea, but I'm not sure it fits the central reason for the topic. I'm open to giving it a go if there's enough demand for it, but I wonder if this might work better as a separate "Ultimate Model Index"? - Perhaps someone else would like to take on that task?!

Would you be so kind and remove my model from the 42043 list?

It is not finished, does not have proper presentation and needs some tweaks.

No problem, will do - I added it because it was too good to miss. I look forward to seeing it in its full glory - perhaps give it a full topic of its own?