Hi,

Surprised to not find here the almost-official C model for 42040 - Fire Plane. It is a Duck!!

It has been published privately by the set designer himself, Milan Reindl or grohl666. Video is at

and some photos at his brickshelf gallery http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=563487

I have made a video to provide further help at

and a couple of additional photos at https://www.flickr.c...s/143761291@N07

No plans to make lxf or instructions sorry, I have no exprience with LDD

Edited by bitbamboo

That's a terrific model--I tried to start building it from your video, but I ran into a snag with the side panels. Some better instructions would be good...

That's a terrific model--I tried to start building it from your video, but I ran into a snag with the side panels. Some better instructions would be good...

I could rebuild the Duck on August taking pictures after each step... Right now the set is unmounted and most probably I'll build the B model with some small mocking for my kids

Meanwhile, if by side panels you mean those at the sides of the tail, Each one is formed by one Panel With Angle 5x11 with two Cross Block 3M attached on the longest side by two pegs each, They should be placed so the axel connectors are separated. On them you attach two Conn.Bush W.Fric./Crossale which will provide 2 blue pegs at 90º of the Panel with angle. Using these the whole thing connects to the grey 15M Beam

The Duck is quite flat on the sides and I think that there should be some room for improvement. For example the A model of 42050 has the tail of the plane 5-wide but the cabin is 7-wide angling the white panels

I meant the frames that go on the sides under the panels, sorry. I'd be happy to wait until August... I have other things to do, so that's just fine.

First update to the C-Model Index in ages:

• Sorted out the broken index links in the first post (presumably a casualty of the recent forum upgrade);
  • 12 C-models added (to the sets which already have topic entries);
  • Running total:  61 C-models documented from 12 sets;
  • I've also been through this topic and added all the C-models mentioned into my spreadsheet for future updates;
  • Running total still to be added:  42 C-models from a further 17 sets (not counting those single user indexes from the likes of Tomik, grohl666, rumpletump & jono.rocky, which I haven't forgotten about.

Happy building!

Edit:  J_C has helpfully pointed out a bunch of my new links are dead - probably just me not being used to the new post editor.  Working on it...

Edit 2:  Should be working now - let me know if you find any more broken ones.

Edited by Josephiah

I see you added the two GBC C Models from PV Productions for 42042 and the one for 42043.  There are also two more by the same guy/company:

and 42052

Yep, thanks, already on my list. They'll get added when I get round to writing the posts for those sets.

I think they're among my favourite C-models so far :classic:

Edited by Josephiah

The C Model /GBC video was updated for the 42054 model today so you can now see the full model vs. just one module (as I posted above)... and for anyone who like it (like me!) you can now buy the LDD/HTML instructions for 15 EUR.

Mr. Prolific a.k.a. PV Productions has created another C Model/GBC Model for set 42042 and the buildiing instructions are available now too.   That makes three C Models for the 42042 set.  He clearly loves the flexibility of this set!

Thanks for the suggestions guys - some already on my list, others new to me. Keep 'em coming, and I'll try and get round to another update before too long. (Though life is a bit crazy at the moment - our family size just increased by two! *huh*:sweet:)

That's a pretty cool one - though I imagine getting the timings and positioning right for the cups to pass the balls reliably would be a pain!

A couple of minor updates:

• C-models added to entries for 42042 and 42043;
  • Running total:  74 C-models documented from 16 sets;
  • Running total still to be added:  36 C-models from a further 14 sets (not counting those single user indexes from the likes of Tomik, grohl666, rumpletump & jono.rocky, which I haven't forgotten about).

Does anyone know a way of getting the post editor on this forum into an html (or html-like) mode?  Before the forum upgrade, I had it set up beautifully so that my spreadsheet would output a bunch of formatted text which would convert perfectly into a fully-formed post when entered into the forum.  Now, however, all of that functionality is broken (i.e. I have to manually edit every single link), and worse, I can't always tell when it's broken, because I can't see the formatting... :wacko: