Yules

trouble to make a closed cockpit for my mech

No problem :classic:

Where Do I start? first off all your render really looks amazing and has great texture, the articulation was exactly what I needed!!!

Not to sound ungrateful, but do you have any pictures from different angles and poses?

Edited by Yules

Not to sound ungrateful, but do you have any pictures from different angles and poses?

Just where do I start... It looks amazing, has improved articulation for poses and so much more!!!!!!!!!!

Where Do I start? first off all your render really looks amazing and has great texture, the articulation was exactly what I needed!!!

Sorry, I don't have any other

Sorry, I don't have any other

No problem, your effort was more than enough for me...

PS by the way Thank you so much!!!

Edited by Yules

No problem, your effort was more than enough for me...

PS by the way Thank you so much!!!

:wink::thumbup:

:wink::thumbup:

Is there any way that the Yules mech can exist in the Techtroners Universe? like being involved in the story or something

Is there any way that the Yules mech can exist in the Techtroners Universe? like being involved in the story or something

Well, if you would allow me make some important changes then I guess it could but I am not sure if you would agree on those changes cos they would be like directly against the actual nature of your mech: as of now it is militaristic wheres Techtroners are primarily explorers in nature, so one of big change would be transforming it by myself into Techtroners-comatible version...if you will I can play with it and would showed you my result beforehand - if you will like it I can implement it into my Techtroners line as cooperation between me and you (basically the same way I am doing right now with @whitswj grabler vehicle), hm? :classic:

Well, if you would allow me make some important changes then I guess it could but I am not sure if you would agree on those changes cos they would be like directly against the actual nature of your mech: as of now it is militaristic wheres Techtroners are primarily explorers in nature, so one of big change would be transforming it by myself into Techtroners-comatible version...if you will I can play with it and would showed you my result beforehand - if you will like it I can implement it into my Techtroners line as cooperation between me and you (basically the same way I am doing right now with @whitswj grabler vehicle), hm? :classic:

Well, I could remove the shoulder rocket launchers, and remove the double minigun and the wristblade and just keep the hammer. Like that it could be military mech that was modified intosome giant mecha miner or something send out to planets where the techtroners could use an all terrain- all purpose unit suitable for hostile environments??

I wouldn't mind a cooperation, looks fine, I mean I liked the Techtroners recolouring more than my own color sheme becuz it reminded me of Exo-Force

Minor nitpick: the only thing I didn't like about the recolouring were the transparent parts... they made the mech look fragile in some way But do what you want, I'm always in for something new

Edited by Yules

I do have some mech design are non-militaristic

smaller_cockpit_by_anguirus02-d8ww1a9.png

Yules, it is not just about the simple "guns away!" change, it requires some principial Techtroners changes cos every MOC being considered Techtroners MUST HAVE special bricks present, like for example:

* main colors are yellow and white (cca. 50/50), with some accents in black or grey + one or two bricks can be in blue

* all interrior/cockpit needs to be in sand green

* at least one pair of black 4345 + trans-clear 4346

* at least 2 trans-clear 44676

* at least one trans-clear 4865

* at least one pair of trans-red 3957 (with rounded top!) and black 2569 in predeffined configuration (both in basically one line with trans-red on left, black on right side of the structure be it vehicle, craft, base...)

* at least one tube/hose of any kind (the more the better!)

* at least one trans-violet 60169 or 92338

* all glasses needs to be in trans dark blue or at least (if one wants to build it for real) in trans light blue...and there would be really a lot of trans parts in Techtroners design :laugh:

* no militaristic approach to design - that is no big guns, rockets bombs etc.

* every design - even some really small - need to have a lot fo different modularities - THAT IS ONE OF ABSOLUTE MUSTS!

etc.

So as you see I would really make quite big addition of bricks to your mech whichever it would be + rearranging some of their bricks + adding some of my design addition to it (like small central, craft, vehicle...whatever).

Therefor I do not know...I guess the one thing we can do here is that I simply make something out of your design, show it to you first via PM so you would have final word on accepting or not such design.

In case we would come to some agreement on final design, I would renders it and add to my Techtroners line giving it a unique Techtroners number and name which we would make up together.

BTW: I am afraid that big hammer would need to go for sure, sorry (but hey, we could always come up with something different!)

Waiting for you opinion on this.

Edited by bublible

Yules, it is not just about the simple "guns away!" change, it requires some principial Techtroners changes cos every MOC being considered Techtroners MUST HAVE special bricks present, like for example:

* main colors are yellow and white (cca. 50/50), with some accents in black or grey + one or two bricks can be in blue

* all interrior/cockpit needs to be in sand green

* at least one pair of black 4345 + trans-clear 4346

* at least 2 trans-clear 44676

* at least one trans-clear 4865

* at least one pair of trans-red 3957 (with rounded top!) and black 2569 in predeffined configuration (both in basically one line with trans-red on left, black on right side of the structure be it vehicle, craft, base...)

* at least one tube/hose of any kind (the more the better!)

* at least one trans-violet 60169 or 92338

* all glasses needs to be in trans dark blue or at least (if one wants to build it for real) in trans light blue...and there would be really a lot of trans parts in Techtroners design :laugh:

* no militaristic approach to design - that is no big guns, rockets bombs etc.

* every design - even some really small - need to have a lot fo different modularities - THAT IS ONE OF ABSOLUTE MUSTS!

etc.

So as you see I would really make quite big addition of bricks to your mech whichever it would be + rearranging some of their bricks + adding some of my design addition to it (like small central, craft, vehicle...whatever).

Therefor I do not know...I guess the one thing we can do here is that I simply make something out of your design, show it to you first via PM so you would have final word on accepting or not such design.

In case we would come to some agreement on final design, I would renders it and add to my Techtroners line giving it a unique Techtroners number and name which we would make up together.

BTW: I am afraid that big hammer would need to go for sure, sorry (but hey, we could always come up with something different!)

Waiting for you opinion on this.

Like I said, I don't mind a retool/recolouring of the Yules Mech. In fact I'm quite forward looking to the Techtroners redesign.

But a hammer is also a tool, in fact it is a quite mundane looking hammer :wink: but it's up to you now. I approved for the redesign

Edited by Yules

Like I said, I don't mind a retool/recolouring of the Yules Mech. In fact I'm quite forward looking to the Techtroners redesign.

But a hammer is also a tool, in fact it is a quite mundane looking hammer :wink: but it's up to you now. I approved for the redesign

Thanx, I am already working on it...I have to go sleep finally (gee, like 03:45 morning here!) but I can say it will have LOTS OF DIFFERENT MODULARITIES EVERYWHERE + I was thinking about its actual purpose in Techtroners world and I think it could be something about supply transport, with name like "691603 Charon Transport Mech" (Charon - moon of Pluto, you know) or such, we will see - it is still long road to final result (several days I guess at best)

Edited by bublible

No that's why I should see it! ;)

So should I PM it to you so we not come out with the design beforehand or here publicly right away? :laugh:

BTW: I am making some additional final touches to it, like changing some vehicles to a different types (craft to automobile)...should I show it anyway (got only 1 first initial prototype render BUT you wont recognize cos I added so many modularities and additional stuff...only hoping you will like it)? :classic:

Edited by bublible

So should I PM it to you so we not come out with the design beforehand or here publicly right away? :laugh:

BTW: I am making some additional final touches to it, like changing some vehicles to a different types (craft to automobile)...should I show it anyway (got only 1 first initial prototype render BUT you wont recognize cos I added so many modularities and additional stuff...only hoping you will like it)? :classic:

You can show it whenever you want ;)

Fine, here it is - prototype of our cooperation on your mech that would be implemented to my official Techtroners line (in case you approve it, of course) + later tomorrow I would post some other pictures of its modularitiy cos there is a lot of it there and from this one single image one cannot see it at all (click image for FullHD vrsion):

MOC SUMARY:

purpose: transportation of several equipment attached to mech's body over Pluto's moon Charon difficult surface - has special ability of accumulating drinkable water from surrounding space and cultivating bio food thus making it pretty self sufficient in many cases, habitable for several days/weeks

transported stuff: 1x small portable station, 2x small personal vehicle, 2x small personal craft, 1x satellite, 2x protected containers

personal equipment: 1x hammer, 1x screwdriver, 1x metal detector, 1x spectro-camera

equipment: 1x freely positioned crane with chained hook, 1x freely positioned crane with robotic grip-hand, 1x freely positioned radar dish, 1x smaller white special-purpose tank

Techtroners: 2 minifigs

modularity: driver/operator cabin can be folded down right to the ground, all legs and hands can be positioned freely, disconnectable satellite, small white tank can be attached to the rear of the small portable station, protected containers and two other black/trans-clear containers on portable station are disconnectable

side note: those bottom 2 pictures are the final model - those 4 at the top has slightly different lowest part of the feet joint/connection that would not allow us position it freely when legs are wide apart - final version solved it :classic::wink:

691603_prototype.jpg

Edited by bublible

FINAL picture updated...see above :sweet:

Looks fine to me, it just shows how creative people can get from one single model

Looks fine to me, it just shows how creative people can get from one single model

OK, thanx - does it mean you approve it so I could include in in my official Techtroners line? :classic:

OK, thanx - does it mean you approve it so I could include in in my official Techtroners line? :classic:

Maybe a little bit sleeker , here and there like a mixture between this model amd the very first model of me that you recoloured

Maybe a little bit sleeker , here and there like a mixture between this model amd the very first model of me that you recoloured

Sorry I do not understand what you mean, or what you were intended to say - can you say it in some other way, please? :wacko::look:

Sorry I do not understand what you mean, or what you were intended to say - can you say it in some other way, please? :wacko::look:

20160224_newcockpit_bublible.jpg691603_prototype.png

A hybrid version between those was what I meant

But that is exactly what are you looking at: final version is hybrid between your model (cos my re-colorisation was just that and nothing more - your model with my colors) and my additions (lots of modularity and other stuff which is simply "a must" for a Techtroners MOC) so there really is no chance of making it "sleeker" (if that is your intention) - in fact I have completelly walk thru al your bricks and I found many of them not necessary - they were removed as much as it was possible to, others changed for more economical version of their/your design - so the version you are looking at is the most economic one I was able to come up with yet still having all its modularity...sorry. :sad:

That said: no problem, I just scrap it and will not add it to Techtronrs line tho I have to say it is pity cos normally I do not like mechs but this one got under my skin somehow (maybe because I made this beast from initial rather simple model that actually could not do nothing - it was just a model and that was it which in turn as I said before is simply not enough for Techtroners MOC). :devil::wink:

Edited by bublible

But that is exactly what are you looking at: final version is hybrid between your model (cos my re-colorisation was just that and nothing more - your model with my colors) and my additions (lots of modularity and other stuff which is simply "a must" for a Techtroners MOC) so there really is no chance of making it "sleeker" (if that is your intention) - in fact I have completelly walk thru al your bricks and I found many of them not necessary - they were removed as much as it was possible to, others changed for more economical version of their/your design - so the version you are looking at is the most economic one I was able to come up with yet still having all its modularity...sorry. :sad:

That said: no problem, I just scrap it and will not add it to Techtronrs line tho I have to say it is pity cos normally I do not like mechs but this one got under my skin somehow (maybe because I made this beast from initial rather simple model that actually could not do nothing - it was just a model and that was it which in turn as I said before is simply not enough for Techtroners MOC). :devil::wink:

No, wait you put your effort in it, and that's more than enough I was just nitpicking. I approve of this design!!!

No, wait you put your effort in it, and that's more than enough I was just nitpicking. I approve of this design!!!

Aha, OK then...thanx once more, I guess it is quite good model with modification which pushed it much further so we can be proud both! :wink::thumbup:

You see: I could strip it for not important parts that just adding small final touches to it like those two blue metallic containers on its feet lower parts, scrapping the 2nd crane (the one with the grippler hand - I do not like it that much as the 1st one with the nice trans-purple chain and hook :laugh: ) and things like that but if it would add to its sleekness...well, I am not that sure.