BB8

lego technic subaru impreza

I like the presentaton of this MOC, especially the part is very matching:

" "

Exactly my words.

i like it. you can recognise it as an impreza plus you implemented some suspension, which at this scale is nice to see.

But is there any info like how does it drive or behave, and what motors did you use, i only see the servo, l motors or maybe RC buggy motors for propulsion?

A very unimpressive model.

I hope you mean impressive model, if not, isn't very nice to say.

It's better to not say anything in that case.

thank you for the feedback , model on 2 L Motors ,

how it goes , you will see a couple of days ) )

You can't always just praise people. One can't grow without criticism.

Imo (constructive) critisism is backed by arguments,.. otherwise its just another (hollow) statement.

And if your intent is to help bb8 grow,.. Why not help him with some tips? ;)

Anyhow i dont think its bad at all :) sure its done before and also better,.. but its a decent effort and seeing its bb8's first post, i'd say,.. welcome and nice job!!

Ps; I mean cmon its lego at the end of the day,.. and were supposed to have some fun ;)

Edited by Sylvian

this is better than I can do, and I've been playing with lego since I was 6. it's difficult with few specialized peices, but it works out. great job :thumbup:

Ok...

No all wheel drive is the first thing. The front steering pivot is too far outside of the wheels, so that the wheels unnecessarily use too much space while turning, also when the steering is operated half the front frame moves. And where is the 4 cylinder boxer engine?

With a ride height that low and suspension travel minimal, you could easily use the existing lego wheel hubs and make the front wishbones 5 stud apart. At this point awd would be possible, the electric motor maybe taking the place of the boxer engine in the front and driving a central diff.

I do not have more details and I do not know english and dont unterstand you))

Since when we accept such topics again? :sceptic: Posting couple of pictures with description instead of single URL wouldn't hurt and won't take much OP's time...

wha if BB8 does not have those hubs? what if he doesn't have as much mechanical knowledge as you?

The criticism is ment to make him see a bigger picture. The fact that his english is limited is a bummer though :(

I like the presentaton of this MOC, especially the part is very matching:

" "

Exactly my words.

Since when we accept such topics again? :sceptic: Posting couple of pictures with description instead of single URL wouldn't hurt and won't take much OP's time...

This is what I meant too, but was covered maybe too much sarcasm, so I will write it clearly.

Dropping a single URL without any other content, at least saying Hello, is just simply not acceptable in normal human conversation - my opinion. Some call it spam.

You can use google translator, maybe not the best, but still something.

On the other hand, I think there is nothing wrong with this MOC, have You built it?

I watched the video and think, this car is not an Impreza wrx as nicjasno said: there is only rear wheel drive with double wishbone suspensions. I researched a bit for a similar idea. According to my knowledge subaru uses mcpherson struts as suspension. A second thing is the exterior. You are missing parts like the hood scoope or the spoiler style. The rear wing is not fixed with posts to the trunk, but with it's side panels. Look at the doors to my knowledge an Impreza has four doors and not two. It might be a good generic sedan but its not an Impreza WRX.

Come on guys, give this guy a break.

This MOC is not bad at all, sure, one could squeeze a 7-speed sequential gearbox and a brake system* there too probably, but the features this MOC have are pretty much enough for such a scale.

*really, show me a fully suspended 4-wheel-drive RC car with fake engine in such scale.

Edited by Lipko

Come on guys, give this guy a break.

This MOC is not bad at all, sure, one could squeeze a 7-speed sequential gearbox and a brake system* there too probably, but the features this MOC have are pretty much enough for such a scale.

*really, show me a fully suspended 4-wheel-drive RC car with fake engine in such scale.

I agree wholeheartedly. And who knows it might even be one of his first MOCs! We all have to start somewhere.

This is a great moc even with the unrealistic design. Guys give him-her a break he-she said that they did not know English well.

Don't bother with these comments bb8, just keep building and have fun

Edited by Lox Lego

Facts:

I do not have more details and I do not know english and dont unterstand you))
  • Well, this is coming bad on Eurobricks.
  • We have a link about a MOC and that it has 2 L motors, we don't even know if it is his/her, or just found on youtube.
  • Some don't like that it differs technically what it promises in the title of the topic, some don't bother about this (inclusive me). Both perspective can be understandable.
  • I generally against the lack of communication. It is simply not effective.

@BB8: please make some effort to comment in english, it is very hard this way to make a (constructive) discussion. Thanks for happening in advance.

I am out of this topic.

Maybe I was a bit to harsh in my critics. So I am going to apologize for the tone of my post. I was a bit upset because I like those cars an it did not resemble a thing that sets them apart from other sedans. So i will apologize for my tone but not for the facts i stated in my post. As I said it is a good generic sedan but not an Impreza. Maybe building on that would be a good idea.

Thank you for criticism of friends, maybe next time I will do everything based on your instructions , I have no one to not take offense , I just do not even know how to use eurobricks

Well I think for a novice builder, the model is quite good. Sure there may be some flaws, but we all have to start somewhere. BUT next time put some effort in description, dont just throw a link out there.

@zblj - plus one for this comment and others that are similar. While constructive feedback is recommended, just plain criticism is not. If, as a forum we become too critical then beginners will not post. We can loose a lot of diversity and new talent that way. If that happens, the whole community suffers. But, agreed.... More than just a uRL is needed. Also, just for the OP's information, when posting a link to YouTube, just delete the "s" and the whole video will appear in the post, not just the URL