As can be seen in the movie, this screw can't be reversed - balls are always transported forward regardless of rotational direction. A very simple mechanism. The time consuming part has been making it sturdy.

Had to rush the design at the end to finish before an exhibition, so some things will be adjusted later. I intend to post a picture of how it's constructed when the 3D model is finished. The switch is purely mechanical using regular transmission parts. Driven by a medium motor. Edited by torso

I love not only the irreversibility but the clean and beautiful design of the module. Fantastic work!

I'm glad you like it!

Wow, this almost looks like sort of a smoothie machine to put it on the kitchen top :-) Good job!

I also can't help but associate the looks with some kind of kitchen machine.

and what made you choose those colours!! got a real late '80's early 90's fluro feel to it!

is the reversing manually done?

would be interesting to have a mechanism that runs it one direction for 30 seconds or so, then reverses it...

It's definitely a big change from your last GBC (which I have built, and REALLY love watching!) - this one is so different.. solid, and massive!

and what made you choose those colours!! got a real late '80's early 90's fluro feel to it!

is the reversing manually done?

would be interesting to have a mechanism that runs it one direction for 30 seconds or so, then reverses it...

It's definitely a big change from your last GBC (which I have built, and REALLY love watching!) - this one is so different.. solid, and massive!

I wanted it to be colourful. :classic: The blue/dark blue combination was the first idea (with black or possibly DBG drum), but it didn't feel colourful enough. I like dark pink and have wanted to build something in that colour, but there weren't enough curved parts available. Looking at the available colours for those parts, magenta stood out as the closest.

It reverses automatically after about 40 seconds.

My previous module (cloud) is even more solid (but smaller). They go well together.

It reverses automatically after about 40 seconds.

Is the reversal done with Mindstorms or does it happen mechanically?