kabel

[ESL - FB] The Cooper of Nova Terreli

Barrels, the TEU container of the colonial age, were so much of want on Nelissa that a good carpenter could make a fortune by just focusing on building them in all possible sizes. Cotton, apples, tobacco, even fish was shipped in barrels because everything else meant that your cargo would spoil by the time it had gotten to the old world. So when the trade route between Nova Terreli and the old capital had become more frequented over recent years, Juan and his wife had left everything and everyone behind in order to open a cooperage in the new world.

25071597772_9b245789f0_c.jpg

By now their business was running so well that Juan was able to hire 3 workers able to help him out with all the work. And if business continued like that, Juan wold be able to put down the tools himself, and see if he couldn't get a seat in Nova Terreli's council. He was sure that Renato Filamento would listen to his advice because after 5 years of dealing with all the three trade companies, Juan had aquired a knowledge that might help the viceroy loosening the grip of those blood sucking TCs quite a bit! Juan was wondering how that would pay of ...

25189871485_6d23cfa44c_c.jpg

24894235560_d85c14cb1e_c.jpg

25096618061_29ace4643f_c.jpg

Love this! Great build, kabel. The house, the action going on, feels just right pirate_wubnew.gif

The guy chopping up the trunk is especially cool, nice effect.

Come on! You beat me to it! And there is no chance mine will be half as good as yours! You sir are a pirate of the worst kind!!! Hehehe!

Great build, love the action! Nice vibrant colors as well! :thumbup:

Fantastic build. I love the architecture of the main building. Lots of detail, and great action and posing of minifigs. I especially like the log splitter. And I spy a great new use for those Toy Story toy soldier bases.

Oh, kabel, that's just lovely! I really like the white house, suppose i should go get myself soms white bricks top :laugh: no, great build!

Thanks for the praise mates, glad ya'll like it!

Very lively scene, though i wouldn`t want to be the one holding the planks for axe-man

Actually the dude is taking the planks from the stack of planks already dry, it just happens to look as if he was walking straight ahead towards the log splitter

The guy chopping up the trunk is especially cool, nice effect.

Well thanks dude, good to hear from you again. Actually I was going to make two guys sawing that log but I just couldn't come up with a saw design that looked somewhat okay. Any ideas anyone?

Come on! You beat me to it! And there is no chance mine will be half as good as yours! You sir are a pirate of the worst kind!!! Hehehe!

Let me refer to the German philosopher K.M. who once said "What's the robbing of a bank compared to founding of one." In other words, founding a colonial empire is just a slightly more legitimate form of piracy ... pirate_wink.gif

Toy Story toy soldier bases.

Yeah, it's a great piece. If you look at some of my other stuff on Flickr you'll see that I use it this way rather often.

Nice action, pretty colours, but that house really stands out - what a beauty!

Some good research is all it takes! So I basically took a look at pictures of run down colonial style houses in rural Cuba and compiled the ideas into this building. I'm planning to make more though!

I love these industrial type builds, they give real colour to life in New Terra. And this one is a real beauty. Great work!

Wow ! Great cooper !

Will it be included in your town layout ? It respects your architectural style you began in New Terreli.

Great addition ! I will surely "inspire" me from your build to make my own future cooper ;)

Lovely bustling vibrant scene. Naturally a cooper would be needed and you've built a good one. The house is beautiful and the workshop looks pretty good too - I just wish we could see what's going on inside! You've made good use of color and the landscaping, while simple, is nice as well. It's well detailed without looking too cluttered. Good work. :classic:

Oh that's clever! Using the curved slopes for staves and that guy hewing a log. Historic detail always tickles me and this is no exception. thanks for sharing this.

So much detail! The house, working process and landscape all blend effortlessly! Another awesome build!

Actually I was going to make two guys sawing that log but I just couldn't come up with a saw design that looked somewhat okay. Any ideas anyone?

Here's a design that I used in my small shipyard. Isn't really visible in the pics, so here goes, maybe you like it.

saw.png

I love these industrial type builds, they give real colour to life in New Terra. And this one is a real beauty. Great work!

I actually feel the same! All those artisian buildings are what makes this game so different from GoH. And being the grandson of a cabinetmaker I always have a strong affection for good woodcraft.

Wow ! Great cooper !

Will it be included in your town layout ? It respects your architectural style you began in New Terreli.

Great addition ! I will surely "inspire" me from your build to make my own future cooper ;)

Thanks mate! And yeah, a monopoly on barrels might be very useful. No colonial trade without barrels at all! I will actually not put this house into a layout as I need the white bricks for the Castillo which I'm still expanding. But something like this will appear somewhere in the layout I'm sure!

Nice build! I really like all the processes of the cooper you show!

Thanks Mike!

I just wish we could see what's going on inside!

Thanks CD, actually due to a lack of bricks there's nothing inside which I why I took the picture so you can't see what's in there. pirate_laugh_new.gif

Oh that's clever! Using the curved slopes for staves and that guy hewing a log. Historic detail always tickles me and this is no exception. thanks for sharing this.

Thanks Kurigan. I appreciate your commenting very much! And yes, I hope I can put together a few more mocs like this!

Also great that you've used the "standard Eslandolean roof approach" pirate_laugh_new.gif

well, it was actually you who inspired me to put in more colors besides red and dark red. And voila, here we go with a roofs that looks much better!

Very imaginative the way you depicted the barrel staves. Nice job!

Thanks a lot Kwatchi!

So much detail! The house, working process and landscape all blend effortlessly! Another awesome build!

Thanks mate. I'm actually trying to set a landscape standard for New Terreli. Hope this works out ...

Here's a design that I used in my small shipyard. Isn't really visible in the pics, so here goes, maybe you like it.

That is a great looking saw. My biggest problem so far was putting on a decent looking handle and I really like your design!

I agree, that saw is fantastic. I'd envisioned that same basic design (clips on a long tile) for a cross-cut saw and while not perfect it's about as good as you can do with Lego.

And yeah, the barrel staves are really good - I couldn't think of the right word until kurigan mentioned it.