Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

[SR - MCRA] It's Kind of a Likely Story

Hi guys,

CB4 kindly allowed me to moc up the MCRA result of his famed ship the 'Parakeet'.

Somewhere in Bastion:

"She did WHAT?"

So, this guy walks into the bar. Pretty run down, shady character, aweful looking. And his smell! You could smell him from two miles away. Oh, this smell of rum and... like he's been living in a pig shed for the past 4 months or so. Almost knocked me out. Anyways, so this guy immediately starts drinking and after his third bottle of rum starts babbling. I mean, you've all heard of the 'Parakeet' and how she sprung a leak? So, this guy claims he knows exactly what happened that day and serves me this story:

25188722515_0e256649f6_c.jpg

A mermaid with shades using a swordfish to saw a hole into the hull... I mean, come on! Seriously? But... the thing is... errh... the more I think about it... well, it is kind of a likely story, isn't it, lads? Lads??

I hope it's recognizable, well, it's my first time trying to 'tell' a story in a single picture, does the idea with the speech bubble work?

Concerning the 'Parakeet', thanks to CB4's excellent pictures I managed to stay very true to his original, I just had to adapt a few minor details. What a lovely ship you made, CB4, and thanks again for allowing me to moc this.

Well, here's some more details

25095472061_671e79f02a_c.jpg

24561878673_cc5ecd96cb_c.jpg

25162378206_e1ba84d761_c.jpg

One last thing, in the topic title I didn't know whether to write 'Oleon' or 'Sea Rats'. Some mighty overlord may change the title if necessary.

Thanks for watching :pir-classic:

Hehe, great story! Those sails look brilliant on the ship and the sprouting water is a clever detail

Edited by Puvel

Neat build and great recreation of CB4's ship KB, I really like those light blue sails, and the speech bubble works quite well (at least IMHO) pirate_wink.gif The leak is excellent too, even though it might not be very practical with real bricks! pirate_laugh2.gif

Yes, the vessel is indeed recognizable, and the story doesn't sound far-fetched at all. :pir-wink: Steer clear of mermaids, eh? I like the little bar too; it helps the storytelling a lot.

This is a hellishly fun story!!! Reminds me of fishing results ("we caught a fish thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat big but then we threw it back at the sea"...pirate_tong.gif )

Brilliant work. Color me very impressed! I bow to your LDD and reverse engineering skills.

Fantastic work as usual. I love the speech bubble (though it took me a moment to realize what it was), as it really adds a unique way of telling the results of the MCRA action. The bar is great as well, especially the posing of the minifigs.

LOL, that is a mighty fine tall tale. I think the speech bubble could be a bit smoother. Although, that random curviness gives a look like the ship was inside some giant sea creature's digestive tract.

I am not sure who has been drinking three bottles of rum - but it is a fine LDD build!

Great scene what happens to the ship (I'd be interested in the LDD file btw.).

Also fine how you built the water!