mrfuture

[HELP] M-Motor Slowing Down and Stopping

I have been experimenting running a M-motor on a 12V train rail.

Everyting worked fine for a long time and i tried to keep the voltage to around 10V. But since i was trying to find the best solution for the train that the motor was powering. I have used full 12v a few times.

But now it works fine in the begining and after a few round slowng down until it stops and can not move. If i lift the train and keep the connection to the rail, the motor works.

Has the motor taken damage to the occaionaly 12 V and is just put it in the trash or is there some way to fix it ?

Is the motor highly loaded? Maybe its overheating, and since it has an internal thermal protection, its shutting off.

One of the problems i have is that it slowing down in all curves to begin with and tryig to fix it. It could be that stressing the M-motor. What strange is that i put the train other way around when testing after a change. then it passed the curves with no problems until the wagon with the rail connection lost connection. Then i turned it.and had the problem with middle waggon lose onnection in the curves.

I plan a 3 part trian set with the first and last waggon has powered wheels Middle is just the rail connection for power.

Edited by mrfuture

I solved the problem. It was a combinaton of problems in the gears from the motor to the wheels when it moved in curves. Something made the whole thing to slow down when the gears system moved a bit in possiton.

Other problem was guide pins that keep the train on the track moved out of posison on one waggon so it skpped up in curves and made th train stop. Power connecton was in ths wagon.