Sign in to follow this  
goatman461

[O - E01] An Oily Wake in the Ocean

Tags: Spaceship, Land vehicle, Civil Building

"So you tracked the Zoid ship to E01?"

"Yeah, this one got through our fleet and must have jumped F02 just before MANTIS arrived."

25041119891_3a6b052843_c.jpg

"Anything to salvage?"

"Not sure yet, but there must be something left, because a speeder made it's way out and gave us quite the chase."

24524708723_1a715fe6c6_b.jpg

[O - E01] Target Sighted- 1 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

"Really? I haven't known Zoids to be especially fast."

"Well that's the thing, this one wasn't totally Zoid. One low-level enforcer was driving, but it had some passengers."

"Go on..."

25033286622_d3005eaa4c_b.jpg

[O - E01] Target Sighted- 2 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

"Two MANTIS civilians, no surprise there, the Zoids may have been raiding those settlements for some time now. The weird one was a Kawashita special operative."

"Hmm... we've known they've been courting ALIEN, but to specifically team up with the Zoids seems low, even for them. So what'd you do with them?"

25125181576_93d9475fd7_b.jpg

[O - E01] Target Sighted- 3 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

"They were going fast enough that we couldn't safely disable the speeder, and since it was MANTIS personnel on board, we decided to just use their rules of engagement."

"Assume everybody in the vicinity is a hostile?"

"That's the one.

24855854230_de42f5aeae.jpg25033244122_f00bc5f7aa.jpg

"So we came in low and left an oily wake in the ocean. We've got teams investigating the crash sites but I was happy to get out of that bucket you sent us."

"What was wrong with the O.B.S. Maximum Effort?"

25182235875_8692a36e1e.jpg

[O - E01] Target Sighted- O.B.S. Maximum Effort by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

"Mostly it's just ugly, but it's still just a commercial freighter that's been converted over to a warship."

"Well your specifications came in late so you got what you got. We're working on some warships. It's hard converting defensive patrols into offensive squadrons, but we'll get there. We may not keep standing armies, but once we get on the warpath, there's nothing that can stop us."

"I have no doubt."

25041119891_3a6b052843_c.jpg

C&C appreciated.

Very cool speeder, I like it a lot with all the greebling and yellow!! The mini and micro scale spaceships are also well done!

Great speeder, has a very SW feel -- but the good SW, not the terrible prequels. :tongue:

I have to say there are times I look at your builds and am impressed at how you use a specific part. I have a ton of those 1x1 bricks with the thing on the side but you used them together and made it look cool -- they blend in so well I didn't even notice what part you used at first. And those L tiles are a great tile floor usage too.

Great speeder, and I really like the way you built it's wake in the water. Using the trans dots instead of plates under the speeder makes it look like the speeder is pressing down on the water, and then the water is kind of erupting up as the speeder passes - very cool.

Wow I've never seen those L tiles before, the vig looks good, I like the telescope table legs and the speeder especially the engine.

The zoid speeder is cool and those L tiles work well on the floor. Is that the OBS maximum effort on the shelf of John Hannibles quarters?

Thanks guys.

@Lucas - thanks for noticing the difference in the water, I liked how that turned out

Is that the OBS maximum effort on the shelf of John Hannibles quarters?

No, but it is in the background on a landing pad in the side of an icy mountain (G02) out the door. I forgot to take a shot of just the micro platform. I'll add one below when I get home.

The speeder and the wave are really cool. The window/door details are well done too. Now what would Kawashita be doing with zoid scum.

I have to ask what set did you get all those L tiles in?

No, but it is in the background on a landing pad in the side of an icy mountain (G02) out the door. I forgot to take a shot of just the micro platform. I'll add one below when I get home.

Here's a better shot of the micro mountain and landing pad

25189635306_5de90e9b55_z.jpg

Micro g02 by Ryan McBryde, on Flickr

Really like the interpretation of the micro spaceship.

Thanks, I was hoping it would come off as a less micro version of the very micro ship, that's at least partly why it is so awkward and ugly looking

I have to ask what set did you get all those L tiles in?

LUGBULK, God bless it. If you're not a member of a LUG you should sign up immediately! DFWLUG is an especially good one if anybody is in the area