gurusql

[K-F09] - Taking the Q-9d out for a spin Arium Minor

Tags: Exploration, Prospecting

Mission Log Recording - "This is Dr. Steven Quin Livingston with my eighteenth weekly mission in Andromeda. After receiving my new droid. Q-9d last week, I am taking him out to check out a possible new Awesomium source on Arium Minor. The possible source, is just over the ridge . . ."

Comments and criticism are welcome.

24550798084_eb31daa620_z.jpg

24813771869_d80f692bef_z.jpg

24813771719_60857f52d3_z.jpg

That's a neat droid, can't tell were the dishes are from, I feel a bit mixed about the terrain. On one end I do like what you're trying to do like the angles and depth to it but at the same time it somehow feels very chaotic and incohesive.

It's hard for me to say how I would improve upon it or what I would change, the only thing I can think of is to leave out the holes which don't work well in brick form as they just end up as squares and maybe to add more cover to the terrain.

edit* Actually I do really like the view from the last shots, and the gaps by the curved/sloped pieces actually look good, my criticism is mainly aimed at the first image.

Edited by Isundir

That's a neat droid, can't tell were the dishes are from, I feel a bit mixed about the terrain. On one end I do like what you're trying to do like the angles and depth to it but at the same time it somehow feels very chaotic and incohesive.

It's hard for me to say how I would improve upon it or what I would change, the only thing I can think of is to leave out the holes which don't work well in brick form as they just end up as squares and maybe to add more cover to the terrain.

edit* Actually I do really like the view from the last shots, and the gaps by the curved/sloped pieces actually look good, my criticism is mainly aimed at the first image.

Thank you for the feedback. I often try to remove all the studs and left more than usual. I think that you are right and from the top shot this did not work well. Thanks again.

I like the droid's-eye-view shot the best, that's a clever angle for the whole vignette. (Except that you can't see the droid from it, of course! :tongue:)

Edited by rodiziorobs