Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Arangr Castle: Winter

The fourth and final phase of my project to show Arangr Castle through all 4 seasons. See spring, summer , and fall. What was your favorite season?

Arangr castle is located near the Avalonian border, in Mitgardia. Winter brings snow and ice to the countryside, and an unusual quiet, as most animals are in hibernation of have migrated to warmer climates. Fortunately a good harvest has provided plenty of food for the castle’s residents. Inside a feast is begun, and the minstrels are just arriving.

Overview-6.jpg

Low-3.jpg

Tree-3.jpg

Path-2.jpg

Troupe.jpg

Hall2.jpg

Well-3.jpg

All-3.jpg

See a large res picture of all 4 seasons together, here.

And see more pictures of 'winter' here: link

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed this series :classic:

Amazing collection of builds! My favorite season is winter, because they way you build makes the castle look very warm and cozy, especially with the feast.

Winter is my favorite, same reason as eomer. This feast and the arriving travelers are just awesome.

That was a great project !

You did it brilliantly !

I have to admit that my favourite is the winter MOC. It has such a snowy aspect and everything seems so real ! The incoming minstrels, the Christmas dinner and even the guards dressed in winter clothes, everything and everyone is believable ! That is just amazing !

Great transition to winter, the band of minstrals arriving adds a lot to the scene! The snow added on top of the castle itself really completes the scene! :thumbup:

Cool!! (Get it?;)) I really like the frozen river. Really nice idea of showing a castle in the four seasons and you pulled it off nicely!

Great job! I like those minstrels. :thumbup: Actually, my favoured was the spring

Great job! Sad to see that the end of it has come. Fall is probably my favorite but they are all too good to officially decide!

Very cool series! The change in landscape is nice, and I've really enjoyed the shift in Minifig activities, indoor and exterior, through the series.

Are you familiar with Monet's Haystack series and his Rouen Cathedral series? Monet is not really my jam, but your work here reminded me of his studies of shifting light. That's the only thing I wish this series had (and would be seriously difficult/a pain to do -- capture the different lighting qualities of the seasons.)

Ok, I'm rambling. Great work, as always. :)

Great way to finish off the series! The tree, cardinal, and empty birds nest are some of my favorite details, but the interior is excellent as well!

I think that Summer is my favorite :classic:

This build in all it's seasons is fantastic, and the concept itself is brilliant :classic:

You are still the master of snowy castles however :wink:

Carolers! Loved this project. Great work.

Thanks!

Amazing collection of builds! My favorite season is winter, because they way you build makes the castle look very warm and cozy, especially with the feast.

Thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the final build in this series :classic:

Winter is my favorite, same reason as eomer. This feast and the arriving travelers are just awesome.

Thank you :classic:

That was a great project !

You did it brilliantly !

I have to admit that my favourite is the winter MOC. It has such a snowy aspect and everything seems so real ! The incoming minstrels, the Christmas dinner and even the guards dressed in winter clothes, everything and everyone is believable ! That is just amazing !

Thanks, I had fun switching the figs' attire to match the colder weather :classic:

Great transition to winter, the band of minstrals arriving adds a lot to the scene! The snow added on top of the castle itself really completes the scene! :thumbup:

Thanks Kai!

Cool!! (Get it?;)) I really like the frozen river. Really nice idea of showing a castle in the four seasons and you pulled it off nicely!

Thanks, and yeah I get it :grin:

Great job! I like those minstrels. :thumbup: Actually, my favoured was the spring

Thanks Titus, spring or summer was my favorite of the 4 :classic:

Excellent finish to the project. Fall still my favorite however..

Thanks Blufiji! They each have their own appeal I think, it's neat to hear which season different people favor :classic:

The winter version is really fine.

And, of course, you need the blue in the tower because of the black falcons :grin:

Thanks Captain!

Great job! Sad to see that the end of it has come. Fall is probably my favorite but they are all too good to officially decide!

Thank you :classic:

Very cool series! The change in landscape is nice, and I've really enjoyed the shift in Minifig activities, indoor and exterior, through the series.

Are you familiar with Monet's Haystack series and his Rouen Cathedral series? Monet is not really my jam, but your work here reminded me of his studies of shifting light. That's the only thing I wish this series had (and would be seriously difficult/a pain to do -- capture the different lighting qualities of the seasons.)

Ok, I'm rambling. Great work, as always. :)

Thanks Sarah, and that would be a really cool way to add to this concept :thumbup:

Really nice project! My favorite is actually summer, with winter a close second :classic:

Thanks!

A great landscape to finish it off! Well done!

Thanks Graham :classic:

A brilliant conclusion to a wonderful series of builds!

Thanks UM :classic:

Once again, a great build. And also congrats on TBB!

Thanks kayne, that was a welcome surprise :sweet:

Great way to finish off the series! The tree, cardinal, and empty birds nest are some of my favorite details, but the interior is excellent as well!

I think that Summer is my favorite :classic:

Thanks John!

This build in all it's seasons is fantastic, and the concept itself is brilliant :classic:

You are still the master of snowy castles however :wink:

Thanks Gideon :sweet:

Amazing! I checked out the other versions too. Very nice! Would gladly live in that castle.

Thanks, as would I :classic:

I really like all those inner scenes you (as always) made Isaac. The photography is also great and I really like the small accents of snow on the roofs.

Great one :wub:

Edited by Gunman