Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

[COR - February FB2] Amelia Street Bakery

continued from front page (Woodworker's Shop)

The second property I purchased on your behalf, is a bakery which I have named "Amelia Street Bakery". I am sure you will be pleased with this investment as well since after the long voyage to visit your holdings in Arlinsport, a slice of warm freshly baked pie will lift your spirits. I think this investment will also be a success and even after expenses a few extra doubloons will be added to your account each month. I wish you the best of luck on your voyages and hope to see you soon in Arlinsport.

Sincerely yours,

Councellor James Mulliner

25085762611_7d282bf269_c.jpg

25152655956_f9b5040cd1_c.jpg

25152654256_b59552e8a8_c.jpg

Edited by Mike S

This is shaping up to be a very pretty little street, and Mr. Coyle sure seems to be expanding business rapidly!

I believe this is my favourite of the three, but the picture of them altogether really shows how harmonic they look, without being too similar.

The winding staircase looks nice, and I like how the chimney goes through all the way. One wonders what all those soldiers are about, though! pir_laugh2.gif

A very nice and very clean build! Like Bregir mentioned it looks especially good combined with your other 2 buildings. The Lego rolling pin is probably one of my favourite details of this build, very clever! Arlinsport is growing quite rapidly!

What is in that pie that the bakery needs that many guards? *suspicionincreases* pirate_laugh2.gif

No, seriously, that's a neat build, vivid colors and nice details.

That whole street is a dream pirate_wubnew.gif

This is shaping up to be a very pretty little street, and Mr. Coyle sure seems to be expanding business rapidly!

I believe this is my favourite of the three, but the picture of them altogether really shows how harmonic they look, without being too similar.

The winding staircase looks nice, and I like how the chimney goes through all the way. One wonders what all those soldiers are about, though! pir_laugh2.gif

A very nice and very clean build! Like Bregir mentioned it looks especially good combined with your other 2 buildings. The Lego rolling pin is probably one of my favourite details of this build, very clever! Arlinsport is growing quite rapidly!

What is in that pie that the bakery needs that many guards? *suspicionincreases* pirate_laugh2.gif

No, seriously, that's a neat build, vivid colors and nice details.

That whole street is a dream pirate_wubnew.gif

looking good, I especially like the pastry being rolled out.

A nice shop! Seems yummy! But why all those soldiers around? Are they underfed?

Thanks guys! As far as the reason for all the soldiers, you have never heard of the pretzel thief? In this setting however it is the pie pirates... bakeries beware... upcoming MOC.

Very nice build, the exterior looks fantastic with the clean lines and bright colors!

The only thing I'm not sure about is the off-center roof... I guess it's supposed to give the impression that the building continues? but it just sort of sticks out (especially on the head on picture).

Otherwise, a really pretty building! :thumbup:

Beautiful bakery Mike, the red and white look great with that roof, and the plant outside and details inside really add to the build! pirate_wink.gif I like that chimney as well, especially the way you made it come out of the roof! :thumbup:

...As far as the reason for all the soldiers, you have never heard of the pretzel thief? In this setting however it is the pie pirates... bakeries beware...

pir_laugh2.gifdefault_roflmao.gif

Very nice build, the exterior looks fantastic with the clean lines and bright colors!

The only thing I'm not sure about is the off-center roof... I guess it's supposed to give the impression that the building continues? but it just sort of sticks out (especially on the head on picture).

Otherwise, a really pretty building! :thumbup:

Thanks! The reason for the overhang is because it is the end of the roof. The building is not meant to be viewed by itself but I did it for licensing purposes. You can view the whole street so far either here or on my flickr account.

Beautiful bakery Mike, the red and white look great with that roof, and the plant outside and details inside really add to the build! pirate_wink.gif I like that chimney as well, especially the way you made it come out of the roof! :thumbup:

Thanks you!

A very nice, clean build. The roof is well done (thought the offset to the right does take some getting used to), and I like that you included an interior.

Not sure if you wanted a newer or older building, since the roof looks well-weathered while the rest of the structure looks fairly new. My only suggestion would be to add some weathering to the building or make the roof a little less weathered.

Beautiful little bakery - and lovely arrangement of all the buildings on the street. Once again you've used simple design characteristics to excellent effect. I like the arches and all the different windows, and the red & white colorscheme really stands out. The interior is fine - love that rolling pin, staircase, and bed - and I'm greatly impressed to see not one but two lovely ladies in period garb. And the soldiers out front are a neat if not somewhat curious feature. Overall this has a very neat, tidy appearance and is shaping up to be a really good settlement. Keep it up. :classic: