Fanylover

[MOC] Audi R8 V10 Second Generation

Really good model Fanylover, I really like your builds. especially how you manage to recreate the body to very high fidelity in such a clean way.

That bothered me too at first, but then I found out that it's like that on the new R8.

Ah, my bad. I only knew the previous design.

BTW I forgot to praise the grill :wub:

Just ordered the parts and instructions now. A GREAT starting point is an 8070 by the way...knocks out most of the expensive parts.

if you add to the 8070 a 9398 and a 8653 (the wheel covers of this old ferrari look also very good) then the job is mostly done - then the remaining missing parts (~ 300) are quite cheap and easy to get... a used 8070 in good condition costs here in germany about 60 to 70€, not really unfair...same for 8653, the latter one maybe slightly more... so overall this awesome model needs no bank robery... ;-)

I changed HOG steering. Now it is vertical steering as usual =)

If your MOC stands the hardest critiques - it means you should feel honoured really playing in the "Champions League"! Getting the max out of only a few available parts means you have great skills. Thanks for the changes! I rarely want to build other´s MOCs, but with this one I would probably make an exception and build it in black with red interiour, maybe put in Sbrick and PF stuff / LEDs :wink: .

You have captured the shape of the original car very well, it's an iconic car.

Very well done.

If I were to build supercars, this would be one of them

I'm a little behind. This is great. I love the way the grille has been constructed, and how it meets the hood. Great job on the side panels; it's always hard to recreate small styling aspects with Technic parts. Well done.

Sorry for the bad quality of the image, but I just got the wheels for the blue color schema. I just tried to get an optical effect on the wheels.

Maybe someone like it and can use it for other models.

post-154887-0-43422300-1468480835_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lion1984

I recently finished this build in blue and really enjoyed the experience. The build was different from what I am accustomed to, and the photo instructions were very good. Sadly, as you can see, a couple of critical panels are still not available in blue.

800x423.jpg

I recently finished this build in blue and really enjoyed the experience. The build was different from what I am accustomed to, and the photo instructions were very good. Sadly, as you can see, a couple of critical panels are still not available in blue.

Wooow thats amazing

Those sky blue ones are not a weakness, they just make it even better

Goodjob

Edited by arshiaIQ

Wooow thats amazing

Those sky blue ones are not a weakness, they just make it even better

Goodjob

Ditto :thumbup:

5 hours ago, evortigosa said:

I'm glad to see something like this R8! Fantastic design! Careful well finished 

Congratulations!

6 hours ago, Kmuffin said:

Why didn't I see this moc earlier. This is an absolute beauty!! 

i am not perfect or a moderator but don't forget to not bump a topic.

6 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

i am not perfect or a moderator but don't forget to not bump a topic.

Well it isn't 2 years old (though it is 1 year old) plus I was not asking about his progress. Well if my explaination is not good i'm sorry because I couldn't resist commenting.