Fanylover

[MOC] Audi R8 V10 Second Generation

Hi! Im glad to present my new MOC - Audi R8 V10 Second Generation.

800x533.jpg

Scale: 1:10

Weight: 1480 g

Parts: 1829

800x533.jpg

Features:

- All wheel drive

- Working 10V piston engine

- Working steering wheel and "Hand Of God" steering

- Full independent suspension (double wishbone)

- Retractable spoiler

- Openable doors, hood and trunk

- Doors with locks

Black spoiler can be instaled to get V10 Plus modification, but in this case retractable spoiler is not locked. I think it is not problem, the main model is basic V10.

Instruction is available on my blog (Link on youtube)

Edited by Fanylover

I've been a long term lurker and admirer of MANY awesome MOCs on this site for quite a while, but this one finally made me post;) I'm a Porsche 911 and Audi R8 fanatic! I'm extremely excited about the upcoming 911 release from LEGO and I've about pulled the trigger on Crowkillers 911, but there hasn't been anything exceptional in regards to the R8. Congrats! This thing is awesome! I like the spring doors with the locks, moveable spoiler, etc. I won't take offense to you stealing some poor Mini owner's dinner;)

Any chance of you cranking out some instructions for this MOC? I have a small stash of instructions saved for future builds and would definitely add this one to my stack!

Any chance of you cranking out some instructions for this MOC? I have a small stash of instructions saved for future builds and would definitely add this one to my stack!

I edited the first message, you can buy the instruction on my blog. I going to build next MOC with free instruction :) But i'm not sure it will be a car.

I edited the first message, you can buy the instruction on my blog. I going to build next MOC with free instruction :) But i'm not sure it will be a car.

Awesome! I'll check it out

Are you planning on releasing the parts list on Rebrickable? Very difficult to find parts from a pdf list. Also, have you verified if yellow, orange and blue are possible?

A masterpiece, very well done. The locking door mechanism is quite clever. How long did the construction of this MOC take?

Are you planning on releasing the parts list on Rebrickable? Very difficult to find parts from a pdf list. Also, have you verified if yellow, orange and blue are possible?

Its already "Pending Approval" :classic: I think other color body is not realistic now... some parts does not exist in blue, orange or yellow in 2016 year (i hope it will be released later in future sets)

A masterpiece, very well done. The locking door mechanism is quite clever. How long did the construction of this MOC take?

Thank you! One month

That is an amazing MoC, i love the use of shock absorbers on the doors and rear engine cover, the spoiler and hood are such a nice touch (love the picnic basket)

Would it be possible to integrated a gearbox into the design?

Wow this is awesome - definitely the best LEGO model of Audi R8 I've ever seen.

Stunning body work which resembles perfextly the original. But: with a gearbox your model would play in the absolute champions league of supercars. Then i would count it to the top 3 of supercar MOCs i know.

But also in current State awesome model, no question... Kudos to you.

Congrats to this great supercar!

It´s a beautiful replica, for me probably the most likeable Technic R8 out there which doesn´t leave me indifferent. Clean body lines, nice extras as door lock, spoiler adjustment and cute details as the luggage and glove compartment. I personally don´t miss a gearbox and I do miss some PF as you did in your previous model, but that´s my own opinion. The HOG steering seems to be uncomfortable in vertical position. You may be kind of limited by parts availability, but I would have put black wheels on so that the silver rim covers would come out better. I wouldn´t say it´s perfect because when I see some of your great building techniques and ideas, I believe you can do even better and your masterpiece is still to come. Good luck with selling instructions!

Great MASTERPIECE! Finaly Lego Technic R8 which looks great. You're a great builder. Thank you for this Audi. I also do NOT miss the gearbox. And PF upgrade can do anyone... :)

Yeah... and the vertical HoG is just a peanut... ;)

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Really nice! The the doors with locks are a nice touch.

Looks solid! No flimsy structures, but still kept the smooth curves, well done :thumbup:

The only thing that bugs me is the red panel that crosses the black area at the side. Nothing a sticker can't solve, so I suppose if one really wanted that it is possible to add.

Really good model Fanylover, I really like your builds. especially how you manage to recreate the body to very high fidelity in such a clean way.

Looks solid! No flimsy structures, but still kept the smooth curves, well done :thumbup:

The only thing that bugs me is the red panel that crosses the black area at the side. Nothing a sticker can't solve, so I suppose if one really wanted that it is possible to add.

That bothered me too at first, but then I found out that it's like that on the new R8.

audi-r8-v10plus-int-CA.jpg