Elostirion

[ESL - FB2] Joan's Raft on the Terreli River (Class 0)

24810276849_eaacd026ef_c.jpg

Román Esteban Fontonajo had long ago realised that while sending ships across the open sea towards other islands was crucial

to his family's success in the new world, upholding transport and trade on the island of Nellisa was almost equally as important.

Joan was one of the people working for the Fontonajo family, sailing up and down the Terreli River with his big raft to transport

goods to and from the farms in the hinterland of Nova Terreli.

24547287904_9641f81b47_c.jpg

While cotton is one of the most important goods being transported, other wares find their way aboard Joan's raft as well: Apples,

Bananas, Carrots, berries, some bottles of wine and of course some kegs of ale.

24882217190_98ca33b745_z.jpg

Fanatastic model! It is all of such high quality; raft, landscape, water, photography. I especially lkeed the goats!

All is fantastic pirate_wubnew.gif

Splendid idea and execution, i like the fish a lot.

However, Sauron will be after her, TWO rings of power - irresistible.

Great build, with detail everywhere: the raft itself, the riverbank and its vegetation, the water with the fish. Excellent concept, superbly executed! I'm jealous!

Beautiful scene, sir! The landscaping and waterwork is great, and I really like the raft, although I fear it must be a sad tub to navigate! pirate_wink.gif

The raft is really very nice with lots of great details, but the landscaping really makes this MOC!! Fantastic job all-round!

Sweet Raft.....beautiful river scene...and NICE GOATS!!!!!

Seriously...I am always conflicted everytime I see those damn goats in a build....MUST GO BUY!!!!pir_laugh2.gif They are awesome!

Why do I like this as much as I do? I don’t know, but I do. You’ve just got something right here and it’s good. Your character might find a lateen sail easier to handle that a square. Thanks for sharing! :thumbup:

Beautiful build! The raft looks very good, the riverbank looks very natural and I love the way you placed those fishes

Great raft! Really like the clutter, very realistic! Nice sail too! :thumbup:

That's a beautiful scene with good landscaping and nicely detailed water. The raft is cool but I don't envy anyone who has to sail it. The fish are a neat feature. Good work.

Everything about this build is fantastic! I can't imagine how long the water took to get just right, but I assure you that the end result is nothing short of excellent. The raft is also really nice, though it might be a little difficult for one minifig to sail it alone.

Thank you all so much for the amazing feedback. I knew it was one of my better builds, but I never expected that amount of love for it - really, really appreciate it! default_head_back.gif

As for the poor guy having to handle the big raft all alone: Fortunately Terreli River is rather forgiving and easy on it's sailors. (and of course it's his damn job to navigate that thing... poor guy though, I agree)

btw.: Flaw in the EGS: This should definitely have been my third freebuild this month considering all the great feedback...

Edited by Elostirion