So, for a long time, there had been discussion about making a dragon for Macy here on the Eurobricks forums. I decided to see what I could do. Once I had figured out how to make the mace tail, it started to progress rather quickly, with the head and the main body being finished at the same time, after which it stalled while I tried to figure out the wings. Finally, though, it's done. This beast has 1400+ pieces, and is fully buildable. I expect the real life version to be done sometime in the summer. So here it is, Sir Chompsalot:

24543797003_7eec358609.jpg

Side view and size comparison:

25077384341_043ed14194.jpg

As you can see here, the legs have a great range of motion (using an internal gearing mechanism for friction), and the tail can be swung using the gear on the back. The little chest holds ammo for the two turrets.

24874997070_30cc0674e5.jpg

The mace tail tip is built around a LEGO Games die piece.

24543797233_abf4774068.jpg

The wing-rotors are built in more or less the same manner as the wheels of Jestro's Evil Mobile, and have a good range of motion. Two little blasters on the sides provide covering fire, and aerial assaults are handled by the dual six-stud shooters, which are mounted on turntables on castle turret pieces and can be manned by squirebots.

24539945184_c277ee07e3.jpg

As you can see here, Macy can sit either in the cockpit or stand on the dragon's head. Either place has storage for her mace and shield.

24543798183_a82ae5a0dd.jpg

Both the upper and the lower jaws of the dragon can move, and in general are supposed to resemble some kind of trash compactor. The forehead can hold a nexo power and the throat has a space to attach 2x2 round bricks for a flame/heat ray effect. The eyes are supposed to resemble giant versions of those the squirebots have.

24874998410_e06d903291.jpg

Back view

25077386051_95f11bf99b.jpg

Gallery

LXF File (once public)

Comments and criticism appreciated!

Edited by DraikNova

Very nice! Would really like to see how this looks in the brick. I'm not too sold on the head, but it is castle-like.

Unrelated, but I assume you got both the name and the bulldog appearance from the Ninjago animal by the same name? :)

No Ninjago influence in this one. I just thought of the head as one of the first concepts, and when the time came to name it I thought it sounded appropriate. I don't remember and can't find a Ninjago animal by that name, actually. Do you have a source?

Unrelated, but I assume you got both the name and the bulldog appearance from the Ninjago animal by the same name? :)

The only bulldog in NInjago is the one in Skybound. Did you mean that one? Or perhaps the horned appearance of Jay's dragon?

Anyways, nice "little" MOC you made here. Look forward to see if this is all.

No Ninjago influence in this one. I just thought of the head as one of the first concepts, and when the time came to name it I thought it sounded appropriate. I don't remember and can't find a Ninjago animal by that name, actually. Do you have a source?

The only bulldog in NInjago is the one in Skybound. Did you mean that one? Or perhaps the horned appearance of Jay's dragon?

Anyways, nice "little" MOC you made here. Look forward to see if this is all.

It's the bulldog belonging to the guy who watches over confiscated items for the police in episode 58 about 2 minutes in. Not sure if you've seen the new season yet, but it's a pretty funny coincidence that the bulldog in that episode is named Sir Chompsalot as well... :)

Edited by legozebra

I've seen it, but I hadn't noticed the name at all. Just a coincidence.

It's a pretty funny name, and I can see it was a coincidence... Just found it pretty amusing that they share names and physical characteristics. Anyway, nice MOC!

Not sure if you've seen the new season yet, but it's a pretty funny coincidence that the bulldog in that episode is named Sir Chompsalot as well...

Really? Hm, I never quite understood what he said during that part of the episode.

I do vaguely remember the name Chompsalot though...

Edited by gamejutzu