Luckypat

[Moc] The Library of Occidens

Hey everyone :blush:

Decided to build a section of a library for GOH. The first floor has some bookshelves, desk and a statue. Second floor is more of a "cat-walk", which displays shields, weapons and the colors of Avalonia.

T4SbyvW.png

P3RPACX.png

zLDQTQK.png

As always, both positive and negative criticism is welcome.

Thanks all for reading/viewing. :sweet:

~Pat

Edited by Luckypat

Occidens... What is that?

I really like what you did there with the chains up top and for the railings.

This entire area look generally polished up and neat. Couldn't criticize such a content library. Unless there is a flaw which you see...

Lovely! So many details! If I had to choose one favoured, I'd choose the furniture! :thumbup:

Lovely library, what really stands out is how stuffed with details (e.g. the helmets or crown) the whole build is.

Occidens... What is that?

I really like what you did there with the chains up top and for the railings.

This entire area look generally polished up and neat. Couldn't criticize such a content library. Unless there is a flaw which you see...

Thank you.. and Occidens is west in Latin, I decided that because the location I "chose" was the furthest west. :classic:

Very nice!! Though I think a nice touch would be a couple books on the table. :classic:

I like that idea, could make it seem like it was being used, thank you! :wink:

Looks fab to me.

Thanks! :blush:

Really lovely!! So many great details in that moc! Great work!!!!

Thank you! :sweet:

Really lovely!! So many great details in that moc! Great work!!!!

Really appreciate it, thank you. :laugh:

Lovely! So many details! If I had to choose one favoured, I'd choose the furniture! :thumbup:

Thanks, it definitely cleaned my inventory of reddish-brown pieces hehe. :grin:

Lovely library, what really stands out is how stuffed with details (e.g. the helmets or crown) the whole build is.

Thank you, that's something I really tried to get in there with a small size build like this. :classic:

Really good build !

Your attention in details is great.

And that furniture is just cleverly designed ! I like those drawers atop the desk.

Great job !

Excellent build! Many little details and a ton of variety really make this stand out! I love the slightly raised walkway in front of the shelves with the chains, and the little shelf with the bucket handles is ingenious!

Nice furniture there mate... Lovely done, I really like the use of the helmets above shelves.

Occidens is west in Latin, I decided that because the location I "chose" was the furthest west.

Oh. Makes sense I suppose. Thanks for that bit of info! :classic:

Excellent interior, the first floor is particularly well detailed, with the clever chair and shelves, and armor in addition to the bookshelves :thumbup:

The brown flex tubing holding the flags looks a little odd to me, perhaps some more traditional looking wooden rafters would fit better with the interior scene :classic:

Really good build !

Your attention in details is great.

And that furniture is just cleverly designed ! I like those drawers atop the desk.

Great job !

Thank you! :classic:

Excellent build! Many little details and a ton of variety really make this stand out! I love the slightly raised walkway in front of the shelves with the chains, and the little shelf with the bucket handles is ingenious!

Thanks! :sweet:

Nice furniture there mate... Lovely done, I really like the use of the helmets above shelves.

Thank you.. furniture in builds like these are always something I try to do my best on. :classic:

Excellent interior, the first floor is particularly well detailed, with the clever chair and shelves, and armor in addition to the bookshelves :thumbup:

The brown flex tubing holding the flags looks a little odd to me, perhaps some more traditional looking wooden rafters would fit better with the interior scene :classic:

I like that idea.. I was playing around with designs of a wooden support on the top but couldn't find something that I really liked. I see what you're saying, though.. thank you! :grin:

That's when you do something, but it wasn't on purpose.

Nice build! I like it.

Thank you, and a good joke! :laugh:

Very nice build! I love libraries! :sweet: The furniture is great and the entire room has a peaceful atmosphere! :thumbup:

Really nice job on this, it's fullness of the interiors and the small touches really imply a library setting.

Edited by Blufiji

Very nice build! I love libraries! :sweet: The furniture is great and the entire room has a peaceful atmosphere! :thumbup:

Thank you! :laugh:

Really nice job on this, it's fullness of the interiors and the small touches really imply a library setting.

Much appreciated, thanks!

Great library!

Thanks! :blush:

Beautifully detailed interior, my favorite part is the bucket handle drawers. :)

Excellent build overall, and many nice details :classic:

My favorite detail is probably the drawers on the desk.

A piece of photography advice is that when you intend to remove the backbground it is a god idea to have something similar in color behind the build to avoid the "halo" of another color (in this case black or at least dark). It is also adviceable to soften or "feather" the edges a few pixels, particularly on areas which are out of focus to avoid the sharp cut look of the edges.

But by far the least amount of work is to have a decent smooth background to start with so that background removal becomes unnecessary :wink:

Edited by Gideon

Very nice build! You've done a great job with the furniture, and the walls look really good too :classic:

Thank you! :sweet:

Beautifully detailed interior, my favorite part is the bucket handle drawers. :)

Thanks! :laugh:

Excellent build overall, and many nice details :classic:

My favorite detail is probably the drawers on the desk.

A piece of photography advice is that when you intend to remove the backbground it is a god idea to have something similar in color behind the build to avoid the "halo" of another color (in this case black or at least dark). It is also adviceable to soften or "feather" the edges a few pixels, particularly on areas which are out of focus to avoid the sharp cut look of the edges.

But by far the least amount of work is to have a decent smooth background to start with so that background removal becomes unnecessary :wink:

Thank you.. I'm starting to get used to Illustrator and learning the different tools as I go. Today, I'll be sure to look into how to "feather" the edges (And will remember to have a white background!). Thanks again! :blush:

As Soccerkid6 said, having some wooden rafters continuing above the wall would really improve it. I personally like the brown flex hose there, I think its a nice touch. :thumbup: Overall, Great job!