Sign in to follow this  
Puvel

[COR - FB1] The Scribe of Arlinsport

Archibald Humprey recently moved to Arlington after receiving a letter from Puvel with a solid business proposal. He was given a little office and was assured to make a good living writing letters for soldiers. Puvel hadn’t lied, his office was almost never empty.

Many of the footmen originated from farmer families and had never learned to read or write. More and more soldiers were coming to the new world and they all wanted to send news of their adventures to their families on the mainland.

The stories were also a very good source for his chronicle of this new age of discovery.

25052074331_8cbc07a438_c.jpg

TheScribe by Puvel The Hurn

Lovely little build, nice story. Enough detail to tell the story but without any clutter. Can I ask how you made the book spines in the corner cabinet? A technique I'd like to steal!

Another downright beautiful build, Puvel. You really have a knack for setting a scene, and the amount of details is great - never there is an unfinished spot!

The furniture is nice, but the highlight is those wonderfully mottled walls, with those window arches and the mix of colour.

Story is short but nice too. Good idea for a business - are you going to license it as an artisan?

(I will never befriend those loose tiles on the top, though - it is un-legoish :pir-tongue: And in this particular case, I am wondering what they are meant to signify?)

Great Scene, I love the way the walls are constructed and for some reason I really like the way the letter is set into the desk, looks so much better like that.

Another excellent and very clean scene Puvel, great job with those walls, and the scribes desk is really nice as well, along with the rest of the details that make this kind of build pop! pirate_classic.gif Awesome work! pirate_wink.gifpirate_satisfied.gif

Neat build! I like it a lot, especially the walls and the furniture.

Thanks Titus! Glad you like it

Lovely little build, nice story. Enough detail to tell the story but without any clutter. Can I ask how you made the book spines in the corner cabinet? A technique I'd like to steal!

Thanks Fuzzy! There isn´t really a technique for them, you can just buy the books.

Another way to fill a bookcase is to used different colours of 1x2 plates/tiles and fill it up.

Another neat little scene from you, the texturing of the wall is superb.

Thanks Elostririon! Walls were fun to build so happy they worked out

Another downright beautiful build, Puvel. You really have a knack for setting a scene, and the amount of details is great - never there is an unfinished spot!

The furniture is nice, but the highlight is those wonderfully mottled walls, with those window arches and the mix of colour.

Story is short but nice too. Good idea for a business - are you going to license it as an artisan?

(I will never befriend those loose tiles on the top, though - it is un-legoish :pir-tongue: And in this particular case, I am wondering what they are meant to signify?)

Thanks for the kind words Bregir! Licensed it as an artisan indeed.

I saw Garmaddon posting on every interior scene saying that the top of the walls would look a lot better with tiles on top so the idea was to do that. I’m building a ship as well at the moment so ran out of tiles to make them fit nicely. Since the walls look a bit old and mouldy I figured it would be ok for the beams on top to be a bit wonky.

Great Scene, I love the way the walls are constructed and for some reason I really like the way the letter is set into the desk, looks so much better like that.

Thanks BrickOn! Took a while deciding between keeping the letter on the desk or having Archibald give it to the soldier. Glad I made the right decision

Your builds are getting better and better Purvel; fantastic texturing here and the furniture looks great as well!

:thumbup:

Instant like and wooooow.

Love the idea of the build itself, and the execution is very well done. Especially the wall pattern with its imperfections, colors and half-stud offset. pirate_wubnew.gif

The Corrington banderole is a nice touch, also.

Keep it up!

This is a really great build. As others have mentioned, the stand out feature would have to be the walls. The colours work really well and the texture is just right - all over beautiful! Great job!

Beautiful interior, especially the walls and the decorated arched windows. :pir-wub: The furniture and other details are nice and I like how you build up your bases

These 2-wall interiors have become my favorite way of depicting inside views when a full exterior isn't needed. But the irregular tiles on the top of the wall detract from it in my opinion.

Good work.