Hi guys,

I'd like to present my first freebuild here, for the glorious Empire of Oleon.

It's a small shipyard in the vicinity of the city of Breshaun.

24517383153_b7e31580c0_c.jpg

Small shipbuilding facilities such as this one have sprung up in the dozens all over Le Bellan to meet the demand for ships these days.

Although being simple stations without the grandeur and vivacity of the large 'Royal Shipyards', they are a vital part of Oleon's plans for expansion in the new world.

In fact they are part of the 'Royal Shipyards' system and fulfill a dual purpose. Firstly they relieve the larger facilities from both construction and maintenance of smaller vessels, freeing the hands and minds of the master shipwrights there, enabling them to focus on the planning and execution of more capital ships. But in addition, these small stations are being led by dedicated junior shipwrights single-handedly as part of a teaching program. Those that excell in the duties thrusted upon them are awarded the status of master shipwright, thus increasing the shipbuilding potential of the nation even with sparse resources.

Here's some more:

24776544249_dfecb77f39_c.jpg

25050962871_28c576655c_c.jpg

Hope you guys like it,

C&C welcome.

Vive le Roi!

That’s a nice build!

The boat looks good and there is just the right amount of clutter.

And yay for the banana grabbing monkey pir_laugh2.gif

That row boat is really nicely done, nice to see such a high quality scratch build rather than a boat from a set; I think your guy has acheived his 'master ship builder' goal! And i like the general arrangement of a fairly small space, it looks lke a proper working space. The use of the black border makes this look very professional as well, I might steal that idea! I know a lot of people like texture, but possibly the floor looks a bit uneven and cluttered; I hope that fella doesn't trip!

That boat is cool, I really like the rudder at the back. What is the bottom piece of the rudder?

Anyway great scene!

Very nice little boat, the supplies lying around look great too! Nice touch with the monkey!

As others have already mentioned, fantastic boat. A great inspiration, and I might have to use some of the techniques from it to build my own.

The rest of the build is great as well. The ground is good, and the numerous details, such as the shipwright's lunch and various materials, are great additions.

That’s a nice build!

The boat looks good and there is just the right amount of clutter.

And yay for the banana grabbing monkey :pir_laugh2:

Thanks Puvel, and yes, monkeys are a necessity. Monkey might even have final say :pir-grin:

That row boat is really nicely done, nice to see such a high quality scratch build rather than a boat from a set; I think your guy has acheived his 'master ship builder' goal! And i like the general arrangement of a fairly small space, it looks lke a proper working space. The use of the black border makes this look very professional as well, I might steal that idea! I know a lot of people like texture, but possibly the floor looks a bit uneven and cluttered; I hope that fella doesn't trip!

Steal all you like, that's what I did also... it's quite a common feature over in GoH. Ha, if he trips, monkey has some laugh :pir-wink:

Good scenette.

I like this boat design.

Thanks, Faladrin. Although the boat design is not really new. DPW might have come up with a first version? Good thing about this design is that you can adapt it to quite a few sizes.

Great scene, I really like the boat and the way they're working on it

Thanks a lot, Titus :pir-sweet:

That boat is cool, I really like the rudder at the back. What is the bottom piece of the rudder?

Anyway great scene!

Thank you. The rudder is this cleaver.

Very nice little boat, the supplies lying around look great too! Nice touch with the monkey!

Thanks, Kai. Yes, monkeyyyy :monkey:

As others have already mentioned, fantastic boat. A great inspiration, and I might have to use some of the techniques from it to build my own.

The rest of the build is great as well. The ground is good, and the numerous details, such as the shipwright's lunch and various materials, are great additions.

Thanks, Captain. Lunch is important, and a little cheese and baguette, well... Oleon, right?! :pir-wink:

Something more, just to show a funny difference between building with real bricks and building digitally: You know what took the longest in this build and what I'm the most proud of? Well, it's not the boat, that was quickly assembled. It was the placing of the little bag on top of the ship's wheel, just putting it in a 'natural' position :pir-wink:

Really nice!!

I was talking about sigfig's abs! Hehehe! pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif

Joking aside this feels really live with ample of details and i will write again that you LDD skills are unmatched!

Beautiful little shipyard, KB! :pir-wub:

You've crammed in a lot of good details to go with that superb little boat. Good job posing all the loose parts. Keep it up!

Very cool shipyard!

I indexed the rowboat as a class 0, but didn't add it the faction list as it is a rowboat and probably not licenced :p