KirTech LAB

[MOC] Bucket Wheel Excavator ER-1250

Thanks for your kind words!

Pro tag assigned!

Thanks a lot! It was a bit unexpectedly and very pleasant :)

About instructions: At this time I have no instructions and no parts-list. Many people asking me about the instructions. I'm thinking about it but it would be really colossal work for me. We have a big economic problems and I'm working hard on my job and really have no time for instructions making now. Maybe I'll do it in the future but I'm not sure.

Pro tag assigned!

Congratulations! It´s well deserved and you´ve worked very hard for it! Keep on having fun and never stop surprising us with such builds, regardless of what the circumstances may become.

It's really really cool!!

I thought that the new 42055 was built in a rough way. Now I have the absolute certainty. Great work!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I like this one mutch more than tge origional LG Technic version. This one has mutch more details. Great build.. :thumbup::laugh:

Simply extraordinary. :pir-wub: These big mining machines are always really cool. Beautifully built, and I think you made a good choice doing this in minifig scale. I like the colorscheme and the presentation is wonderful. Excellent work.

But only 700 tons? That sounds really light to me.

Beautiful build and excellent working functions. :thumbup: I think you like these huge excavating machine. I remember you made one 3 years ago for the Triple contest on EB. :classic:

Thanks a lot!

But only 700 tons? That sounds really light to me.

Yes it's rather small model :)

I think you like these huge excavating machine. I remember you made one 3 years ago for the Triple contest on EB. :classic:

I think I like almost all the machines not only the excavators )))) 3 years??? How quickly the time goes! That contest model was a bit smaller... :)

Respect for Your insanity (meant in most positive way), and thanks for entertaining us with Your models!

Mr Pro... :thumbup::classic:

incredible job you've done here.

One only thing hit my mind: i found that the speed of the functions (exepted the buckets rotation), are much too high for me.

Your (masterpiece IMOH) Moc is spectacular but the too high speed of functions (particulary the touret rotation) make it less credible.

Would it be possible to slow them down?

About instructions: At this time I have no instructions and no parts-list. Many people asking me about the instructions. I'm thinking about it but it would be really colossal work for me. We have a big economic problems and I'm working hard on my job and really have no time for instructions making now. Maybe I'll do it in the future but I'm not sure.

Indeed it will be a very heavy work to make professional instructions. It begins already with the large dimensions >1m which needs a very big page resolution to fit. Even I'm very common in creating instructions, I think I'll need one year to create them, and, honestly, I don't know if I'll have enough patience to do it.

But whatever, it's a masterpiece of MOC for the HOF :thumbup:

Greetings

Alex

about instructions for this masterpiece: Cause of the high part- and PF-count the model would be quite expensive, so for sure it would not be rebuild by thousands of AFOLs ;-)

But the model is so great and outstanding that it would deserve BI and some rebuilds. I can only say: Every BI-guru who would participate on the BI-making would deserve a fair return of (effort-)invest. So, if you (whoever) plan making BI: sell it for a sensefull and appropriate price-tag - and IMHO this could be easily higher than the common 10 to 15€....because if anyone spends hundreds and hundreds of euros/dollars for the needed parts then the costs for the BI will make no difference... just my 2 ct....

Thanks for comments! Yes it needed a lot of patience to finish the BI creation process. I have unfinished model of my WAR RIG truck from Mad Max and it's rather sadly for me but I have no time to complete it.

Thanks you for inspiration! I also biulding BWE.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

One only thing hit my mind: i found that the speed of the functions (exepted the buckets rotation), are much too high for me.

Would it be possible to slow them down?

Of course it's possible. It's much easy than creation of big fast model with good working functions. If I'll copy the actual speed of 300 meters per hour it will be the most boring model I've ever constructed. It's not interesting for me to play with so slow model.

Great digger!:) hope you can show us something to dig with it in the next video.

42055 seems less impressive because TLG wants us to put our attention on its new elements !? (To be honest, I really want to get the new ring-shape gear)

Back to the the MOC, the radius of the bucket wheel is kind of small... but that does not effect the overall looking or function that much, I guess.

To me, the most important thing is yours is in minifigure-scale!!!!

Awesome work!

Amazing built, I fear this makes the 2H Lego offering to be a little bit plain.

My only question, how does the contents of the bucket wheel end up on the first conveyour belt in real life? does the buckets not dump the material being dug onto the ground?

Amazing built, I fear this makes the 2H Lego offering to be a little bit plain.

My only question, how does the contents of the bucket wheel end up on the first conveyour belt in real life? does the buckets not dump the material being dug onto the ground?

No, they fall down the buckets near the top centre through the wheel and in a ramp inside the wheel which guides them sideways into the conveyer belt.

Zblj has answered this question in previous comment. Such type of unloading called "gravitation unloading". There is one more type - "centrifugal unloading" but I've never seen how it works.

TLG's official models would be a bit boring if they were already perfect and we couldn't improve them, only "edit" them.

Of course, had 42055 been marketed as UCS or otherwise "ultimate" of sorts, then we could have (rightfully?) asked for more.

The construction looks kinda odd to me with the frame holding the entire arm, but otherwise I think 42055 is alright. Lots of modding potential adds to the plus side IMO.

Edited by Error404