MKJoshA

[SR-MCRA Results] Jail Break!

Previously:

Recruiting at Marco's

This Is Not the Wealthy Housing of Rassilon

Falling Out with Foxx

Cantu's Fort in Rassilon

The Viper

After their humiliating capture by the Mardians, the crew of The Viper was imprisoned while Mardier decided how best to use the ship. Sinbad found himself sharing a cell with Li Fang.

25081330366_5e46680538_c.jpg

“My father has failed one too many times!” Li exclaimed. “He’s always been too soft. That’s why we took privateering license when we could have been making our own way!”

Sinbad knew Li had a point. But after everything Cho had done for him in bring him on as a crew member, he wasn’t sure he was ready to betray the captain just yet.

24740019979_5b54daa2bd_c.jpg

“The men are on my side” continued Li. “We’ve only been waiting for the right opportunity. When the time comes, can I count on you?”

Before Sinbad had a chance to answer, a large commotion began further into the jail.

24812074170_93896509ff_c.jpg

Sinbad watched as the guard ran towards the noise, but a few minutes later the only thing to return was a small bomb rolling across the floor. It blew the door off its hinges and Sinbad and Li rushed out.

24989506492_c4e5eb2766_c.jpg

“Wait!” shouted Cho. “Don’t leave me!”

24812064740_c2efd9f1d4_c.jpg

Sinbad looked towards the captain and then at Li. He knew if he was going to succeed, he would need to make his own way. Hanging onto Cho’s coattails wouldn’t get him far.

25014381221_a99b89c5d1_c.jpg

He turned away from the Cho’s pleas and left with Li and the rest of the crew as they stormed the harbor and took back The Viper.

So you've become a truly pirate-y pirate, eh? pirate_wink.gif Nice work on this build, those stairs are really good (though dark grey might have been a better color, if you have it) and the cracks are very nice. I like how your builds are getting more interesting and complicated without losing your signature clean feel. :thumbup: Keep it up!

Hmm, and pirate pirate now? pirate_tong.gifpir_laugh2.gif Nice build MKJ, I'm liking that prison wall, the headlight bricks add just the right amount of texture there! I'll agree with Kai about the cracked floor and the stairs as well, great job! pirate_classic.gif

No honor (or loyalty) among thieves pir_laugh2.gif.

A nice build that has all the markings of a well-worn prison. Not sure I'm a fan of the headlight bricks' bases showing on the inside of the cell, but the texture it adds to the cell's exterior wall is certainly worth it.

MKJoshA, I'm falling in love with your MOCs! Great job! Only remark would be the color of the stairs, but I love the rest!

Great jail breaking scene !

Pirates without morale... I like it !

And that bomb is a simple but effective design ! Great idea !

Dastardly betrayal, prison breaking, pirates and high explosives all in one scene? What's not to like! Great story and nicely illustrated, I like the way you have told the story in a series of vignettes using the same MOC, almost like a comic strip

Dastardly betrayal, prison breaking, pirates and high explosives all in one scene? What's not to like! Great story and nicely illustrated, I like the way you have told the story in a series of vignettes using the same MOC, almost like a comic strip

I couldn't say it any better myself!

Well, technically blackpowder was a low explosive, and the bomb would've temporarily incapacitated anyone who wasn't killed or maimed by the explosion, and I doubt they'd be so calm about it all, but nice build and story nonetheless.

So you've become a truly pirate-y pirate, eh? pirate_wink.gif Nice work on this build, those stairs are really good (though dark grey might have been a better color, if you have it) and the cracks are very nice. I like how your builds are getting more interesting and complicated without losing your signature clean feel. :thumbup: Keep it up!

MKJoshA, I'm falling in love with your MOCs! Great job! Only remark would be the color of the stairs, but I love the rest!

At least someone likes my "clean" feel! As for the stairs, I wanted to make them d. bley, but only had enough of those pieces for l. bley, black, or olive green. I was afraid the l. bley would blend into the floor too much so I went with black. That's another piece to add to my next bricklink order!

Very nice work! I especially like that grenade... pirate_satisfied.gif

I like the bomb - it is so simple and effective, and I keep wondering why I did not invent this..

Awesome Jail braking "guide"! The bomb in particular is really nice

I wish I could take credit for it, but I stole it from one of the new Ninjago sets that's coming out in March. The Ninjago bike set has the same bomb, but it uses a white 1x1 round tile w/ hole rather than the black one I used.

No honor (or loyalty) among thieves pir_laugh2.gif.

A nice build that has all the markings of a well-worn prison. Not sure I'm a fan of the headlight bricks' bases showing on the inside of the cell, but the texture it adds to the cell's exterior wall is certainly worth it.

Yes, I wish there had been a way to get the texture without the headlight backside, but oh well!

Well, technically blackpowder was a low explosive, and the bomb would've temporarily incapacitated anyone who wasn't killed or maimed by the explosion, and I doubt they'd be so calm about it all, but nice build and story nonetheless.

I knew someone would mention that plot hole! Let's just pretend that couldn't be the case for some inexplicable reason pirate_laugh2.gif

As someone mentioned, it does have a certain comic/graphic novel feel, and we all know the good guys aren't affected by bombs going off in the immediate vicinity, right? :pir-grin:

Good story. Sinbad never did get to pledge loyalty to Li. Mystery continues...

A movie set trick is make the walls moveable so that you can flip them around when you're filming the actors on the other side. That could be one way to avoid the headlight brick holes in the shot.

I find myself looking forward to these "episodes". You have a good story line going, and the builds have been well done.