Sign in to follow this  
touthomme

[MOC] Clockwork Heart

For Valentine's Day I built this clockwork style heart. The left side spins continuously, either manually with a crank on the back, or with a motor attached. It drives a piston which intermittently pushes a gear on the right side. I also put together building instructions for it, which you can find on my website: http://jkbrickworks....clockwork-heart

clockworkHeart-300x300.jpg

The video shows it in more detail and explains how it works.

J

Clever, clever, clever - nice packaging - kinda like a Rube Goldberg contraption with no real apparent useful function.

Really nice. Have you tried building a real working clock using that method? I think it should be possible.

Oh this is cool, makes me want to expand my Lego collection to make everything move.

This is amazing!

A whole new level of awesomeness :oh:

Great job!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Robert8

Really nice. Have you tried building a real working clock using that method? I think it should be possible.

Not using this method, but I've been experimenting with escapement mechanisms lately. I'll probably take a stab at building a clock in the near future.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Glad you like it.

J

Hi Jason, fantastic moc

Starting with Sisyphus then over to the Aviator, in last few days I've been studding your techniques carefully as I want to build "robot street" moc, with a lot of things moving from one power source

As I am a total novice when tehnics are in question, your detailed descriptions and inside view have been of a lot of help :)

As it will be loosely inspirited with your work, I can send you a link when it is done. I could have few extra questions also :)

In any case, fantastic craftsmanship