Technic Jim

[HELP] Merlock 2.0, What shields to buy?

Hello all,

I don't normally post here but I recently bought a Nexo Knights set number 70312, Lance's Mecha horse. It came with the tractor beam shield which I have upgraded four times. I got three free shields in the game, but I think I would benefit from having more. So my question is, what shields should I buy off of bricklink; are there any really good shields which are worth buying or any really awful ones that would just be a waste of money?

Thanks a lot, Jim

In that case, I suggest just getting whatever shields you like the look of best. Incidentally, you can just scan powers you want straight from the box art, anyway. I managed to get the exclusive power from the TRU promotion simply using the image. If you really need a way to counteract the feeling that it's cheating, just impose a limit on yourself where you can only scan a new shield power online if you buy one real shield in exchange for it. That way you can buy whatever sets appeal to you the most without crippling your performance in-app.

I can understand where you're coming from—I haven't scanned any of the physical Nexo Powers that I don't own myself, though less because it feels like cheating and more because you don't really need that many powers to be successful in-game and I'd like to keep that special feeling when I get a set that has new powers in it and get to scan them for the first time.

I've only gotten a few sets so far (Ultimate Clay, Ultimate Macy, Ultimate Aaron, and the King's Mech). Of those, I find Ultimate Clay to have the most useful powers. Sword Tornado is a great power that serves as both offense and defense and is great for establishing a perimeter around your character. And Force Field is a very useful defensive power that is good for any characters that use melee attacks (which is to say, everyone other than Aaron). Lava Dragon is a decent offensive power, but I find it less useful than the above two—instead, I generally opt for Alliance of the Fortrex, a power from one of the TV episodes that is both very useful (dealing a lot of damage without inhibiting your character's ability to attack or move at the same time) and freaking awesome looking (summoning the Fortrex itself to the battle and just laying waste to enemies with its gatling guns).

Edited by Lyichir