Tomsche

[COR - FB4 feb] Transferring Command

As I keep making progress on the plates for Quinnsville this month, I managed to get a small fort ready for the `level 1` in Brethren of the Brick Seas, restricted to a ground plate of 16x16.

P1150142_zpsmmwdk9ai.jpg

I`ve build it on a tan plate, so that I could then transfer it and incorporate it after the `license` to the larger beach section of 32x48 where it would guard one side of the city in the making that will debut at BM-W in april.

A sudden knock on the door...

"Enter" Sir Smaugton said. So his visitor had arrived, an hour early.

A heavily mustached man entered his office room, saluting him. "You wanted to speak to me sir"?

"Ah, commander Prowse, welcome welcome. I would offer you a seat, but instead I will vacate mine and take you for a walk." Sir Smaugton said as he picked up his hat. "Let`s go to the fort".

The fort, he thought. A ramshackle and hastily constructed wooden redoubt, that will be guarding the beach next to his still budding colony. Armed with a single battery of 24 pounders and a contignent of Royal Marines, this might be the only thing standing between the young hamlet and the dangers out there, together with the patrolling galley HMS Terrigan.

P1150144_zpsyqm5isdt.jpg

P1150145_zpsjarx1mpg.jpg

"Join me on the paraphet`s if you please" Smaugton set as both men climbed to the first level by way of ladders. This definitly wasn`t a place of luxury or comfort.

Smaugton gazed out over the landscape. "Mr Prowse, as you can see, the city relies on our limited defences" as they looked to the houses still being constructed. "and for that, it will have to rely on guidance and leadership, a task that, as it`s founder, falls to me."

Prowse nodded in agreement.

"However, that also means that I cannot take to sea in the near future. When I embarked on this adventure, I had never thought I would be founding a hamlet for her Majesty, just that I would go on an plei the trade lanes in some uneventfull cargo or personel hauls." Smaugton said, a bit of a sad smile coming over his features, as if he wallowed in melancholy.

"Even though the waters are seemingly unsafer then presumed at first." grumbled Prowse.

"Indeed" sir Smaugton nodded. "And that is why I need an experienced captain to take over command of the HMS Green Dragon. And that captain, commander Prowse, will be you!".

P1150143_zpshtol1q51.jpg

Prowse looked suprised and stammered "Me, sir?"

"Indeed, here are your orders, congratulations CAPTAIN Prowse, the Green Dragon is yours. She lies for anchor just off the beach, and is all ready and stocked up to leave on her monthly trade run. Handle her with love, and she won`t let you down. Might the wind be in your sails."

Well, that has been about it in my `building time opportunities` for february as I won`t have the time for doing much the next 10 days, I hope you all like this little chapter in the development of Quinnsville, intended to make my sig-fig not having to multitask between his ship and his city.

Approve if you like to, as it is my 4th build (5th with the MCRA result) this month

And here is a `sneak preview` of the work in progress on the beach section, with the fort now `build in` in the meantime to be able to connect to the central city plate.

IMAG1912_zpsgpwy37xc.jpg

• I like the way you are building Quinnsville, showing step by step. The deserted beach growing into a hamlet. I also thought the beach was a little bare at first (in this and your other builds showing the beach), but considering it is only temporarily, and you did not have to build it at all, you certainly deserve cred for making your story richer, and for how you manage to make buildings representative with basic bricks. (I don't know what I touched to get the bulletpoint, and it won't go away, so you'll have to live with it. :p :thumbup:

That's a nice wooden fort Tomsche!! Also great story to go along ! Well, I'll update the Ship-index as Captain Prowse is the new captain of the Green Dragon :)

Great, I was wanting to PM you for that, so I can scratch that of the to do list then hehe

• I like the way you are building Quinnsville, showing step by step. The deserted beach growing into a hamlet. I also thought the beach was a little bare at first (in this and your other builds showing the beach), but considering it is only temporarily, and you did not have to build it at all, you certainly deserve cred for making your story richer, and for how you manage to make buildings representative with basic bricks. (I don't know what I touched to get the bulletpoint, and it won't go away, so you'll have to live with it. :p :thumbup:

That was indeed the idea when I set out for buiding it, a heap of sand (well, two actually, a left and a right one) then slowly build her up from zilch with inserting the 16x16 small builds that initially are the properties we register to make her grow. That way, she is also easier to transport as both the beach section can `detach` from the central plate that will be the hamlet at first (a single street, small building with a waterside) and make it all flow into each other.

This is how she looked last week:

IMAG1874_zpshvxjehh6.jpg

And this is how the `founding` beach WIP`s ia looking now, which will be the `sailors recluse` once it is finished:

IMAG1911_zpspfsas3vn.jpg

That section will probably end up licensed as a `large` size marketplace.

It also gives me the chance to indeed build up the whole story slowly on the go, I have a small collab planned for march / april so that would `fill in` the two holes at the front of the city plate, but for obvious reaching of not spoiling anything yet, the gap is still open on the street plate. Though both buildings that come there are already done (as well as one for the third 16x16 `spot`) but they all need to be `pictured up` as I`m waiting for a single hairpiece to complete them...

This town is really getting better every time.

You already added the fort , great job ! And that future market is promising.

I am happy to see our future collab will be done in time (shh, shh... I will not tell more...)

Of course I approve !

Very nice wooden fortification. It's pretty basic but I like the arrangement. The thin poles holding the lookout platform look really flimsy but otherwise it's a fine build.

I approve. :thumbup: