MrBrickALot

What licensed car should be next?

Looks like the next car will be a Caterham, in the Ideas line at least... doesn't exclude there being another car in the main line, so there might be two this year.

Personally, I think the Ford Model T would be a wonderful addition, preferably one of the alternative color choices before they only did them in black. The car itself was revolutionary. Not just in the U.S. It made a pretty big impact internationally, as well. I think the car would work well as a large scale creator model. You could have a working hood/bonnet, and the hand crank could be used to show off how the engine works. With the Model T, it would be cool for this one to be billed as a "3-in-one" model because the Model had many body style variants. You could do a touring car, a roadster, or a delivery wagon. I know the manuals are pretty thick, so digital instructions for the alternative builds would work nicely.

I think lego have just approved the caterham someone did

Yep, but that's under the Ideas line. It would be poor form for them to short us both a Winter Village set AND a Creator Expert car in one year, but stranger things have happened. How about a black 1969 Chevy Impala ala Supernatural? Didn't a Supernatural set on Ideas get close to hitting the 10,000 supporters mark only to be turned down or fall just short?

Yep, but that's under the Ideas line. It would be poor form for them to short us both a Winter Village set AND a Creator Expert car in one year, but stranger things have happened.

If either the Creator Expert line or the Ideas line gives us a Creator Expert-style car, I'm not sure what difference it would make in which line's name is on the box; the end result would be the same, right?

That said, I do think the Ideas approval effectively means there will be one more Creator Expert-style car than there otherwise would have been. If they were already working on a vehicle along the lines of the VW van, the Mini Cooper, the F40, etc., it should still go forward, and the Caterham will just be in addition to it. OTOH, if they weren't doing one before, it won't be because of the Caterham's approval; it'll just mean we'll still get one set of that sort when we would otherwise have gotten none.

How about a black 1969 Chevy Impala ala Supernatural? Didn't a Supernatural set on Ideas get close to hitting the 10,000 supporters mark only to be turned down or fall just short?

Not that I'm aware, and I do follow Ideas pretty closely. But the beauty of Ideas is that anyone can submit projects - why not have a go at it yourself? :)

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I myself am partial to a Ford Pinto build, complete with raging inferno.

...something tells me this is the least likely car to get a set. :D