Kai NRG

(MOC) Streets of a Roman Town

24987944172_3a1bc8c6f6_z.jpg

Not much to say about this build, except that the road was a colossal pain!

24738439179_976dbf149e_z.jpg

24987917852_6574bd0abe_z.jpg

One of my biggest builds to date - though I'm working on something bigger right now!

24810474110_5c6b59a647_z.jpg

Got some good use out of those corner tiles, too.

25079735586_61dd000335_z.jpg

And lastly, my eagle. Which I had been planning on changing to black but totally forgot.

25106057245_8384e370f1_z.jpg

C&C are always welcome! Thank you very much for looking!

It feels like the wings are the wrong way up on the eagle? Just my 2p worth; the rest is excellent.

Angles, I love angled buildings in Lego! L.Bley corner tiles, I love L.Bley corner tiles! Brick-built bird relief using the chima wings, I love chima wings! A new use for my 500+ L.Bley round tiles I thought I would use a ton but haven't, I love it (and hate it, that's going to be a ton of work)!

Can you tell that I'm pretty excited about this MOC?

The road work is worth the effort. Looks amazing. :thumbup: I am not sure how you can bring to an event to display without major pothole repairs. Good use of technic wheels for columns too.

All that lovely work, and painstaking detail! Is there a reason this couldn't have been a Ulandus build? It could have netted you some awesome Doctorate of Historica credits.

Watch your step everyone! I've dropped my jaw.

Seriously, this is brilliant. So many clever details, I could fill a page pointing them all out. Indeed the road paid off, but the use of corner tiles and wheels as well as the placing of brick-bricks are clever as well.

At first glance I thought the road was 30027s. I wonder if they would work the same as those round tiles; might save a bit of stress if they did.

You havn't shown us much of the house though. May we see a reverse angle?

That road...How long did that take?! *huh*

Superb work here.

A long time. :laugh: Probably verging on 7-10 hours of pure repetition.

Thanks!

It feels like the wings are the wrong way up on the eagle? Just my 2p worth; the rest is excellent.

Hmm... I'm trying to imagine them the other way and it's looking really funny... ! :tongue:

Thanks though!

Angles, I love angled buildings in Lego! L.Bley corner tiles, I love L.Bley corner tiles! Brick-built bird relief using the chima wings, I love chima wings! A new use for my 500+ L.Bley round tiles I thought I would use a ton but haven't, I love it (and hate it, that's going to be a ton of work)!

Can you tell that I'm pretty excited about this MOC?

:grin: Thank you!

If you really intend to try out my crazy technique, I'd recommend angling the build so that everything rolls down to one corner (start in that corner, of course!), and also LEGO wrenches (or a similar sized piece) are lifesavers when it comes to inserting the pieces in small spaces and gently nudging everything in place.

The road work is worth the effort. Looks amazing. :thumbup: I am not sure how you can bring to an event to display without major pothole repairs. Good use of technic wheels for columns too.

Thanks! :laugh: Be sure to pick a route with no speed bumps! :tongue:

Let me guess, it took a long time for the road. Great build! Can't wait for the bigger one!

That would be an understatement!

Thanks!

All that lovely work, and painstaking detail! Is there a reason this couldn't have been a Ulandus build? It could have netted you some awesome Doctorate of Historica credits.

Well I have already graduated there, so I didn't really need 'em!

In fact though, it didn't even occur to me that it might fit in Ulandus... oh well!

Watch your step everyone! I've dropped my jaw.

Seriously, this is brilliant. So many clever details, I could fill a page pointing them all out. Indeed the road paid off, but the use of corner tiles and wheels as well as the placing of brick-bricks are clever as well.

At first glance I thought the road was 30027s. I wonder if they would work the same as those round tiles; might save a bit of stress if they did.

You havn't shown us much of the house though. May we see a reverse angle?

:blush: Thank you!

Someone else mentioned that about the wheel pieces - I don't have nearly as many but if I did it might be worth a shot!

Nope, I'm afraid you can't see a reverse angle... I was seriously running out of time and didn't close the gaps between the roof and the wall. So I didn't bother to get a good reverse angle and the build is long since dismantled!

7-10 hours for the road? Woooahh, thanks for putting in the effort, looks amazing!

Well, of course, I wasn't actually timing it, though I did try to estimate how much longer it would take at various stages. It could have been less. It sure felt like seven hours though! (Of course, I broke it up between various days, too. And I'm sure I got faster as I got used to it, though after a certain point, haste makes waste, you know!)

Thank you! :sweet:

Hmm... I'm trying to imagine them the other way and it's looking really funny... ! :tongue:

Vexilloid; the wings should be outstretched as if the eagle is about to take flight.

Nope, I'm afraid you can't see a reverse angle... I was seriously running out of time and didn't close the gaps between the roof and the wall. So I didn't bother to get a good reverse angle and the build is long since dismantled!

Fair enough!

That road is beyond excellent!

Thank you!

Vexilloid; the wings should be outstretched as if the eagle is about to take flight.

Ah; I see - you don't mean actually exactly the opposite of how they are now, but sideways. I've still got that bit laying around somewhere so maybe I'll give it a go and see how it looks (the problem being that the wings are much harder to attach that way).

I was thinking of it more like this.

Fair enough!

:grin:

Much to love here, the roofs are superb (I love those plants on the roof), but the road definitely stands out and was worth the pain building it.

Time? What time.

Oh and that road Ouch... Did you die. It sure would kill me if I were to do it.

Edited by hadidi1999

This looks amazing!

Congratulations for this stunning MOC :classic:

How many 1x1 round tiles did you use on this? :look: