Sign in to follow this  
Bobsy

MMV-style Bakery

bakery%20hero.png

bakery%20back.png

bakery%20oven.png

Oh and I've just realised I've never done a render of the building closed up. Oh well.

Sort of considering whether it's worth putting this up on Ideas as an individual model or including a second building in the vein of the old MMV. I've begun work on a companion building, a guildhall with a half-timbered front and a stone rear, but it's proving a somewhat tricky build at the moment.

Oh, the bakery, yes. It's designed in LDD but uses only production-colour bricks (aside from the minifigs, natch). I shamelessly copied the idea of the front shop window from the Diagon Alley set, and of course the building proportions are all from the original MMV concept.

Edited by Bobsy

This is really nice. I'd love to see it in the brick. Not bad for ideas, but I have to imagine that it'd get more attention if there were more color to it.

bakery%20closed.png

bakery%20desk.png

Here's the closed view along with another interior close-up.

I don't really want to colour the plaster on the upper floor, but I'm thinking a splash of colour with flags and signage out front might make a difference. Those round plates on the frontage were envisaged as guild badges, so would be fine with added colour. In fact, they'd be even better as the new 'tooth' half-round plates, to look like miniature shields, but of course LDD doesn't have them and the withdrawal of updates means it probably won't ever.