Ookami

Fantastic Beasts 2018 - Speculation & Future Set Discussion

Just now, Robert8 said:

Ok, thanks @Falconfan1414

Then Dr Who is out because the dimensions pack came first. Adventure Time also is out because the Dimensions pack came first. 

Hmmm  then they have to be Ghostbusters and Back to the Future. Those 2 started on Ideas, and then went to Dimensions

But there is already Ghostbusters theme....... right?

About the Tim Burton movie, please let be SLEEPY HOLLOW!

Let’s say revive for one :wink: and wrong burton movie

Dang it. I love Sleepy Hollow (thanks for the info, again)

Hmmm Alice in Wonderland would be my second guess but the sequel crashed so horribly that I just don't see it happening

There are cleary some movies out of the question like Sweeney Todd

What about Nightmare Before Christmas??

Just because I cannot see it, doesn’t mean I can’t believe it!

Just now, Robert8 said:

Dang it. I love Sleepy Hollow (thanks for the info, again)

Hmmm Alice in Wonderland would be my second guess but the sequel crashed so horribly that I just don't see it happening

There are cleary some movies out of the question like Sweeney Todd

What about Nightmare Before Christmas??

That help?

Just now, BlueberryWaffles said:

Either BTTF or Ghostbusters is coming back? :grin:

You better not be messing with my heart. First HP and now this...2018 is going to be amazing!

Try both :wink: and at the least like what @Azani said, these were slated by Lego at one point to come out this summer 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Try both :wink: and at the least like what @Azani said, these were slated by Lego at one point to come out this summer 

So both were in the works, but it's unknown whether they're still coming?

Any way though, this has me very excited. The Ecto-1 and Firehouse are some of my favorite sets, and I've been thinking for years about how much unused potential BTTF has.

As much as I would be excited for both, I wonder why LEGO would decide to make more BTTF sets now. Ghostbusters has the animated Ecto-Force series to revive the brand, though the latter seems somewhat out of nowhere. Unless...

Just now, BlueberryWaffles said:

So both were in the works, but it's unknown whether they're still coming?

Any way though, this has me very excited. The Ecto-1 and Firehouse are some of my favorite sets, and I've been thinking for years about how much unused potential BTTF has.

Back to the future, nightmare before Christmas, and ghostbusters were all set to be realeased in 2018 in the summer by Lego. They might have changed there schedule but they were scheduled for summer 2018

Edited by Falconfan1414

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Back to the future, nightmare before Christmas, and ghostbusters were all set to be realeased in 2018 in the summer by Lego. They might have changed thereschedule but they were scheduled for summer 2018

If you remember who I am in IG, you already told me about the GB and BTTF, now NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS? HOLY CRAP! 

2 minutes ago, doclord said:

Lol this is a total thread hijack, but NMBC will be incredible. How many sets?

LEGO Fantastic beasts and possible future licensed sets

Not at all. 

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Back to the future, nightmare before Christmas, and ghostbusters were all set to be realeased this year in the summer by Lego. They might have changed there schedule but they were scheduled for summer 2018

Correct. I heard about this from a guy who I trust a little over a month or so back, along with PP Girls. This was prior to the mention of said theme by the fellow on Brickset, so I'm pretty sure that he's legit.

Oh man ghostbusters and bttf??? There goes my money. 

My guess for bttf is a new delorean. 

Ghostbusters, maybe a brick built stay puft? 

A nightmare before christmas sounds also awesome, but i cant get into a new theme since i already collect too much :-s

If that is true about Nightmare my son will actually physically explode. In which case I will be billing Lego for a mop.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

New Delorean this time with new pieces to execute the opening doors and windshield. 

I just hope we’ll get updated figures as well. Especially Doc. Maybe in the future delorean with the yellow jacket. And Einstein. 

Much like the second BTTF Ideas (CUUSOO) project that was rejected, I'd hope for a USC/Creator Expert scale DeLorean time machine, just to make up for the lackluster constructed minifig scaled set we did get.

So small Licences waves seem to be the new thing Lego are going for now that they can’t sue these licences for Dimensions?

with Powerpuff Girls, BTTF, Ghostbusters, Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts

for BTTF I expect (and hope/dream) for the train and UCS Delorean that was rejected from ideas.

Wow, interesting! I'm quite surprised, but this is still really great for fans of those movies if these sets do go ahead. I'd certainly happily get a BTTF Delorean if it was priced nicely, as I missed the last one.

All of that said, I do wish LEGO would focus a bit more on developing their own original themes; but as Whovastron suggested, I think LEGO will want to get mileage out of the licenses they got for Dimensions. I think we could certainly expect a new era of one-off short licensed themes every year (although I think Harry Potter will last longer than one year). :sceptic:

21 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

So small Licences waves seem to be the new thing Lego are going for now that they can’t sue these licences for Dimensions?

Seems like it, and it's kind of annoying me. :hmpf_bad:

21 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

for BTTF I expect (and hope/dream) for the train and UCS Delorean that was rejected from ideas.

I think both of those are quite plausible, but I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting a cleaned up remake of the initial set.

6 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

All of that said, I do wish LEGO would focus a bit more on developing their own original themes

Hear Hear! :thumbup:

11 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

All of that said, I do wish LEGO would focus a bit more on developing their own original themes

Most likely there will be another “big bang” theme that will appear most likely at the start of 2019

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Most likely there will be another “big bang” theme that will appear most likely at the start of 2019

Definitely more sure for January of 2019 than for the summer of 2018?

Edited by Digger of Bricks