Ookami

Fantastic Beasts 2018 - Speculation & Future Set Discussion

Hi guys,

I am very sorry if such a thread has already been started, but I want to discuss possible future licensed series based on some of the incoming films.

With the release of Fantastic beasts this year I find it still highly unlikely that LEGO will release this theme, because there are already 2 licensed series (Angry birds and Ghostbusters) on 2016's schedule. Still, what do you think about it? Could we get FB LEGO theme deep in the autumn or even in the beginning of 2017?

And what about other licensed sets? There are lots pf interesting movies will be released in the next 5 years. I think, that the most obvious candidates are the new Pirates of the Caribbean and Jurassic world 2 (I don't take SH themes into account). Still, I would also like to see a reboot of Power rangers in LEGO, the new Jungle book (not the Disney's one), King-Kong or Godzilla (it would be interesting to see how LEGO make such a theme with big figures of these two great monsters) and even War of the planet of the apes (still this one is very unlikely).

What do you think and what do you expect, guys? Let's discuss this and make some predictions - I will highly appreciate if you join me in this thread:)

Well, according to the list thats floating around, it seems like we may be getting Fantastic Beasts packs for Dimensions. So if Lego have the licence already, I would say it's likely.

List is here.

I've been clinging on to hope ever since I saw this. http://potter.vanill...-news-thread/p1 (How do you link under names over here? I tried the methods I'm used to but they didn't work.)

I want a return of Harry Potter so bad, although I'm afraid it would just be another Hogwarts if they did. I would still certainly buy it, but in all likelihood it would be quite similar to the most recent one.

I think Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter have a verrry very very very large chance of coming back in some form or another. :sweet:

Edited by CM4Sci

Bless you, CM4Sci. You've never steered me wrong before, so I appreciate this. I was hoping that merchandising news for this movie is just a little too early.and you said HARRY POTTER...ahhhhh!!!! My entire toy budget for this year depends on what's coming with JK Rowling's Wizarding World in LEGO form. Lol. Any idea when we might hear something official?

Edited by BigHobbit

O boy! Hopefully we may finally see some Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos if there are HP sets rather than a dimensions thing.

O boy! Hopefully we may finally see some Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff torsos if there are HP sets rather than a dimensions thing.

I very much want this. I've been planning on making basic common rooms for the houses in the old sort of modular style of the early theme, so it would be quite nice to actually have the torsos for each house.

I would love that! As a proud 'Puff, I'd say it's definitely about time we were represented in LEGO form. :laugh:

Fingers crossed for a Fantastic Beasts scene in which Newt flashes back to his time in Hogwarts, because then if LEGO got the license to Fantastic Beasts we could get him in Hufflepuff uniform. :wub: Or they could simply revive the Harry Potter license!

The Harry Potter line was always my favorite because it was the line that brought me out of my dark ages. In fact, my greatest regret for Lego was not buying the most recent version of Hogwarts castle.

I would imagine that the potential upcoming winter line would give us sets from both franchises, similar to what we saw when Lego made sets for both old and new Indiana Jones movies.

Just based on the pictures that have been released for fantastic beasts, there is so much potential for amazing sets like the American Ministry of Magic and the American version of Hogwarts. Not to mention that it will be nice to get a line based on the 1920s.

I hope we get a list of sets by this coming summer!

If Harry Potter does come back to Lego, I hope we get a new Snape minifig. He's a great character, and it would be a great tribute to the sorely missed Alan Rickman.

Seconded for Snape! Bringing back the HP line would give Lego the opportunity to fill in some of the missing characters they didn't make the first time like Shacklebolt or a Black in civilian clothing. And they could bring back some of the more rare mini figures like Mad Eye.

As for Fantastic Beasts, we just need more magical secret castles and buildings period.

Is the cursed child going to be made into a movie? They could do some Legos off of that, potentially, as well.

If they don't make sets based on Fantastic Beasts it will be the biggest disappointment since the re-release of Winter Village Toy Shop, oh wait, that was 75098 Assault on Hoth. In any case no sets based on this film will make me very sad since Harry Potter is imo one of the best LEGO themes ever. Great sets with nice color scheme/pieces, new parts, awesome minifigs... They look great as display and at the same time they are very playabale.

Fantastic Beasts looks very suitable to become a new LEGO theme but i'm getting a bit concerned since there are no actual rumours/confirmation and we already know about Rogue One sets and that film is being released one month later.

It better happen though ( It's a Harry Potter spinoff which was (judging from the volume of sets) a successful theme, its from Warner Bros studio and they have great relationship with LEGO ), i'm praying it's not just a Dimensions minifig or two, that would be a pretty wasted opportunity imo.

I'm hoping even with it just being Fantastic Beasts that there's enough basic material to use in other HP MOCs. House torsos, creatures, dragons, goblins, and house elves would certainly be welcome.

I'm afraid it's just the fantastic beasts and Harry Potter dimensions packs coming out this year :(

I'm still extremely excited for those packs, but my heart feels just a bit heavier upon reading this... :cry_sad:

I'm afraid it's just the fantastic beasts and Harry Potter dimensions packs coming out this year :(

Wait...do you know for a fact that there won't be any sets or is this just a general sense of concern?

Wait...do you know for a fact that there won't be any sets or is this just a general sense of concern?

All I know of are Dimensions packs but I'll ask eventually about that.

That would be excellent, thanks! Do you happen to have any details about which characters are included in the packs, CM?

That would be excellent, thanks! Do you happen to have any details about which characters are included in the packs, CM?

Nope, just that we're getting some :sweet:

This is great news! I was foolish enough to miss out on the Harry Potter theme entirely, so it's great to hear that it's coming back in some form, even if it's just Dimensions packs. Looking forward to it!

(An updated UCS sized Hogwarts would be nice too, just saying.)

This would be great if they did! I loved the Harry Potter theme and I would love to see more of the interesting unique pieces that always come with the sets.

Having some new sets based on the wizarding world would b great and I echo others here in hoping that the other houses at Hogwarts are represented in some way although I'm not sure how long Newt spends at Hogwarts during the films.

I've managed to pick up all of the final two waves of HP over time and thankfully at prices that were normally less than their RRP. It would be great to make some additions to those.