flailx

[MOD] Mystery Machine 75902

25095327245_cdc820afb6.jpg

This is my mod of the Mystery Machine. I think LEGO did a great job with the set but I wanted the van to be able to fit all of the gang.

The sides no longer open but the van has doors that open in back. The interior is chock full of detective gear and can fit 3 figs in the front and two in the back.

More pics can be found here.

Let me know what you think!

Wow! That is amazing. I've been thinking whether or not to get this set because it didn't fit the whole gang, but I will be getting it now. Instructions maybe?

Edited by PickleManDan

Awesome MOD, I had wondered how well the curved slopes would look on top but always lacked the parts to try it out, it really does look better. I would like to do something similar with my Mystery Machine, but the limited availability of the slopes and the lack of the corner piece in the correct color has put that upgrade to a halt. Maybe when the right parts are in production I'll give it a try.

Love the back doors. I've been wanting back doors for a while, wasn't really sure how to do it with the limited space though. Major props for figuring that one out. I like how you positioned the wheels too. I didn't really care for how far they stuck out in the original build so I ended up adjusting that almost immediately after building the set.

Instructions maybe?

I have an LDD file. I can't seem to add the attachment to the post but I can email you the file if your interested.

Love the back doors. I've been wanting back doors for a while, wasn't really sure how to do it with the limited space though. Major props for figuring that one out. I like how you positioned the wheels too. I didn't really care for how far they stuck out in the original build so I ended up adjusting that almost immediately after building the set.

Thanks! The doors aren't perfect - there's some stress when opening and closing but it's acceptable. Yeah, the wheels really bugged me. I didn't like the style, that they stuck out and especially, that the hubcaps didn't move. I fixed all three issues. I also didn't like how square and open the wheel wells were so I fixed that as well.

was anything added that wasn't in the set?

Only the exterior front, lower sides and lower back are true to the original. The gutts of the build are almost completely different.

Thanks! The doors aren't perfect - there's some stress when opening and closing but it's acceptable. Yeah, the wheels really bugged me. I didn't like the style, that they stuck out and especially, that the hubcaps didn't move. I fixed all three issues. I also didn't like how square and open the wheel wells were so I fixed that as well.

Cool, I hadn't come up with a solution for the hubcaps yet. Could you possibly upload a picture of the wheel assembly?

I have an LDD file. I can't seem to add the attachment to the post but I can email you the file if your interested.

Thanks, feel free to pm me.

You are making me reconsider buying the single Scooby Doo set left at my local store, which is the Mystery Machine. I can't believe you got everyone to fit so well.

I hate to ask, but I would greatly appreciate you sending me the LDD file as well.

If you want to host it on a site, you can always add a URL link in this post. If you need a website to host it, I use my personal comic and design website to host my LDD files, I can always download it, repost a link from my site with your credit of course for making it.

I hate to ask, but I would greatly appreciate you sending me the LDD file as well.

If you want to host it on a site, you can always add a URL link in this post. If you need a website to host it, I use my personal comic and design website to host my LDD files, I can always download it, repost a link from my site with your credit of course for making it.

Sounds good, I would like a LDD file to check it out please! Great MOD, are there any more pictures?

Sounds good, I would like a LDD file to check it out please! Great MOD, are there any more pictures?

Go to his Flickr page link located in his post. There are so many beautiful photos there including all his other creations.

Oldie but a goodie

I stress out so much trying to fit just 2 minifgs in the front seats of my cars, and here you go and mash 3 in there, madness haha

I love it, and I don't even like ScoobyDoo.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 5:55 PM, flailx said:

25095327245_cdc820afb6.jpg

This is my mod of the Mystery Machine. I think LEGO did a great job with the set but I wanted the van to be able to fit all of the gang.

The sides no longer open but the van has doors that open in back. The interior is chock full of detective gear and can fit 3 figs in the front and two in the back.

More pics can be found here.

Let me know what you think!

Could you please create instructions for this modification? I'd like to make my own copy of this!

Sorry for the necrobump.. But has anyone, who received it, the LDD file that flailx shared? 

I mainly need it for the underside of the car, but if someone could reengineer it from the Flicker photo's then that would also help a lot :)