Zusammengebaut

REVIEW: LEGO Super Heroes 'Super Hero Airport Battle' (76051)

Hello,

this is my Review of the new Lego Marvel Super Heroes Set 'Super Hero Airport Battle' (76051) - 'Captain America 3: Civil War'.

I like all builds of this sets (even the tiny Quinjet), but the Giant-Man is fantastic, what a fun build! :laugh:

Best wishes

Andres

I just can't get over how fantastic Giant Man is, and I can't wait to try making other figs like this, or see what others come up with. Thanks for the review.

Why do they have to use stickers on Giant-man?

If they can use prints on Groot, why not do the same?

What is the logic here?

What else could it be if it is not called an act of disappointing fans?

LEGO, reach out to the fans and listen to them.

Why do they have to use stickers on Giant-man?

If they can use prints on Groot, why not do the same?

What is the logic here?

What else could it be if it is not called an act of disappointing fans?

LEGO, reach out to the fans and listen to them.

The logic is that there's a budget for every set and Lego tries desperately to create sets at a price point that is obtainable. Creating nine new prints for one single character wouldn't be cost effective, we'd all be paying dearly for that amount of printing. The fact that we got one printed piece for him is a surprise in itself. It's not ideal, but it's just a reality of the product. It's especially a reality of licensed sets. Friends and City sets are able to do more printed pieces as those pieces are often generic and reusable among a wider variety of sets. Ultimately, they have the option to offset production cost among several sets whereas in licensed sets often special elements are only used once. So in the case of Giant Man it would make no sense to print nine new pieces that will only ever be featured in one set. Likely to print them would mean sacrificing something else from the set.

Groot isn't really a fair comparison either. He only really has two prints as the slope brick is used twice.

Anyways I would hardly call this disappointing fans. Stickers are so common anymore it's barely worth complaining about. It's simply become a fact of life.

Edited by strangely

Really like this set! The only things I'm not too fond of:

-Generic Agent 13. Like new characters but they could've tried harder with her

-Another Quinjet...could've had anything else.

-Happy Cap. Seriously? Give us an angry face for him with the correct color flesh.

-Cyborg face for Rhodey is dumb, but good thing I have him from before

-Recycled Bucky face too.

So almost all my problems are minifigs :laugh: War Machine (on the outside) and Scarlet Witch are lovely though! I also love the tower, Antman, and Giant Man. I figured he would be made up of stickers, but I'm glad his face is printed at the least.

I needed another Princess Leia head, so this works out well for me.

I like the compact nature of this Quinjet. I bought the first one and skipped the second one. This one I actually have room for. Though I can see how this is disappointing for anyone who bought the last one.

-Happy Cap. Seriously? Give us an angry face for him with the correct color flesh.

Agreed, Cap manages to always look so out of place amongst the others. And the Cyborg face is not fitting at all, plus it's probably sacrilegious to put a DC part in a Marvel set, though that's never stopped them before. If they had to choose from something more recent I'd have sooner taken Finn's head. Then again they probably couldn't get away with two Star Wars heads in one set...

Really dislike the laziness with Bucky's head. I can understand not bothering with anything new for Agent 13 (I find her to be bland and uninteresting), but Bucky is at least an important character. He's made three cinematic outings and he didn't even warrant his own face? Weak.

Edited by strangely

Really like this set! The only things I'm not too fond of:

• Yeah, I keep forgetting Agent 13 is in the set at all. Her design here is incredibly generic. Plus, she should be blonde.
  • I understand having a Quinjet- it's an airport, you want aircraft. But the build is so weak compared to last years' that I'm planning on selling it to defray the cost somewhat.
  • I wish they'd do a helmet for Cap- it'd fix the coloration issue and let us use the face we want.
  • Cyborg for Rhodey is weird. They've done him before. They've gone back to even older prints in the past. So why not use his old face?
  • At least Bucky wasn't copied from an earth-based hero, I guess? They're going to have to give him a new print at some point as we approach Infinity War to distinguish him, but I guess they're just kicking that can down the road to save money now.

• I wish they'd do a helmet for Cap- it'd fix the coloration issue and let us use the face we want.

Yeah, they really need too. His helmet almost seems like it's covering less and less of his head every movie since the first Avengers, so it's time they make a change.

Though if we do get it I'm going to get annoyed quickly seeing people complain about how it makes his head look big...

Great review of a great set. But those Quinjets are getting smaller in each set ...

FIRST OFFICIAL PICTURE OF MARVEL SUPER HEROES SET IN 2020!!!!

16325605927_ec9e75afd6.jpg

• Cyborg for Rhodey is weird. They've done him before. They've gone back to even older prints in the past. So why not use his old face?

Without knowing when these sequence takes place in the movie, coupled with with what has been shown in the trailers, I would imagine Rhodey suffers extensive injuries at some point, and Stark saves him with cybernetic enhancements. It would not be at all inaccurate to the character, as this was how he looked around the time period after Civil War in the comics.

4550847-screenshot_2015-05-01-01-12-40.jpg

Without knowing when these sequence takes place in the movie, coupled with with what has been shown in the trailers, I would imagine Rhodey suffers extensive injuries at some point, and Stark saves him with cybernetic enhancements. It would not be at all inaccurate to the character, as this was how he looked around the time period after Civil War in the comics.

I've read those comics, so I understand your point, but (a.) we see Rhodey injured in the trailer, and his face is intact, and (b.) Lego Cyborg's face has no indication of metal or mechanism, and it looks too youthful for Don Cheadle.

Anyone know the dimensions of this quinjet compared to the last one?

I know it's significantly smaller, but I don't know its exact dimensions.

According to Lego, the 2015 Quinjet was

3” (9cm) high, 10” (26cm) long and 16” (41cm) wide

EDIT: The 2015 Quinjet was approximately 33 studs long and 50 across, the new one is about 25 studs long and 36 across. It's about 75% the size in each dimension, which means it's probably less than half (42%) the volume, mass, and part count of the old one. In other words, the 2015 Quinjet (not the whole set) had about 465 bricks, the new one will probably have around 195 bricks.

Edited by N_Cat

I think Agent 13's hair is perfect... what color would it be otherwise? She's not as yellow-blonde in the films as in the comics. Generic-ish face, but it's the new Leia face so more of that is welcome if you wanna swap things out maybe.

Agreed on Bucky's head...I suppose they wanna keep the exclusive version exclusive, but it's a little weak using Star Lord's head there. Not super-weak, just a little. Also wish Cap had a more serious expression and/or a helmet.

For Rhodey, I don't mind it too much... I mean, would've been nice to have his original head turn up again to make it more accessible, but I can see why they went with Cyborg's face--it's pretty current, and Rhodey/Cheadle crack wise enough that the happy face works for that.

Nice review! That Giant-Man looks amazing... I'll have to make some civilians to staff the airport tower & baggage cart tho :sweet:

The 2015 Quinjet was approximately 33 studs long and 50 across, the new one is about 25 studs long and 36 across. It's about 75% the size in each dimension, which means it's probably less than half (42%) the volume, mass, and part count of the old one. In other words, the 2015 Quinjet (not the whole set) had about 465 bricks, the new one will probably have around 195 bricks.

Wow that´s tiny

I don't like the stud shooters, so I'll be giving War Machine the same gun as his previous version had, and I didn't see the technic brick on the outside of Giant Man's legs until that last shot, which made me want to change that out too. I'm not sure what I'll do with Captain America, since that's the same figure as Age of Ultron, and I don't need two of the same figure in my display. I appreciated the review, though, as that was the very first one I'd seen.