Rolli

Brothers Grimm

Hi guys!

In the 19th century the Brothers Grimm traveled all around Germany collecting local fairy tales and publishing them later.

I chose to represent their efforts by showcasing various different fairy tales that they are more or less responsible for. The left page opens to Hansel and Gretel, the right to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

I also placed references to four other fairy tales in the model - can you spot them? :wink:

25072897535_cfc9a56d1b_b.jpg

Brothers Grimm by rolli, auf Flickr

Built for the Brickstory 2016 contest that Kockice is hosting. Thanks for the fun contest!

(Yes, photography-wise its not my best. Apologies, I have a busy schedule these days.)

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

Best

Markus

This is where a MOC transends from being Lego towards being art. Love it especially the interior edging of the book pages.

Wow. This is fantastic! I really like the three trees in the middle - kind of a mirror effect with the pages. I caught both the other references...

So very creative, and incredibly executed. The greenery is great, I love the integration of the book pages into the piece. I can't say enough about this.

Wow, just wow. This is one of my favourite models I have seen so far this year. Amazing build, photography and edit. Great job! :thumbup:

This is simply amazing! Great, great build.

What a real nice idea and great execution! It's like the book is coming to life. It makes me wish that there were more pages!

Any chance on sharing more pics of this awesome work?

This is incredible. Truly a work of art and something you don't see everyday when it comes to Lego MoCs.

Amazing!

I love their fairytales! And this is a beautiful homage!

One of the best MOC's I've seen since I joined Eurobricks

Congratulations! :classic:

I bow both at the idea AND the excecution... Simply amazing! One can't even clearly discern where the MOC ends and the background begins. THAT good is the use of perspective!

This is not Lego anymore, this is art.

The atmosphere of a creepy medieval forest is amazing, but what stands out the most is the absolutely perfect combination of full-size-build and micro-build within a single MOC, which I have never seen executed so great before.

Just amazing.

Fantastic build. I could make out references to "Die sieben Raben", "Rotkäppchen" and "Froschkönig" but I am desperate to find the fourth...

Same here :sceptic: but maybe the wolf and the basket are separate clues? :look:

Maybe the basket is from "Little Red Riding Hood" and the Wolf is from "The Wolf and the Seven Young Kids"

Thank you all! I'm truly humbled by your kind comments! :blush:

The four hidden fairy tales are as follows:

1. Little Red Riding Hood (the basket and the wolf)

2. The Seven Ravens (all in the trees in the center - this fairy tale seems to be totally unknown outside of Germany, sorry for that)

3. The Frog Prince (lower left, has a crown on his head)

4. Sleeping Beauty (my intention, the red rose on the right and all the thorns in the foliage) but many also suggested "Jorinde and Joringel"

Thanks for guessing! :sweet:

Best

Markus