Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

I could be wrong, but the Shark Army General' hair looks like Series 14's Zombie Businessman's in black and turned sideways.

18 hours ago, npgcole said:

I could be wrong, but the Shark Army General' hair looks like Series 14's Zombie Businessman's in black and turned sideways.

It's not, but I see the resemblance. maybe idk

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

43 minutes ago, Rolyat24 said:

Is nobody going to mention the brown katanas? That's the most exciting thing I can see! 

Those are alright. We got tan katanas posing as bokken with the series 15 Kendo Fighter. I'll decide which I like better once I have Nya's in-hand.

1 hour ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

It's not, but I see the resemblance. 

Are you sure? I did a quick mock-up in LDD with the piece and they look pretty much the same. If it's not, it's pretty darn similar.

ninminifigcomp.png

I judge CMFs based on how neat the minifugure is and not the applicability or rarity of the accessories. 

And with that, there's so many figures I like in this lineup, the only one I dislike is the guitar guy, since more effort is done on the figure than the guitar it looks like. He could have had a really cool guitar as well.

My favorite is the volcanic shark, it looks too nice.

It's good that there are some parts that don't apply purely to Ninjago fans. The bowls and spoons are my favourite parts (hopefully knives and forks in the same colour to follow at some stage).

So what are we expecting for the remaining 10 in tomorrow's reveal?

Lloyd in ninja gear (shown on packet)

Pink-haired girl (partly shown on packet)

Zane?

Cole?

Kai?

Another villain (octopus?)

Bride from the trailer?

Groom from the trailer?

Another version of Garmadon?

Cyrus Borg?

I expect more normal CMFs sneaked into the series, like the Sushi Chef

I kinda hope Dareth is in the movie. It'd be cool if we saw him. We're only missing Zane and Cole in their high school outfits now, so we could see them too.

3 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

It's not, but I see the resemblance. 

It is the same hairpiece, IMO

That's just a recolor of the Zombie Businessman hairpiece

Edited by Robert8

50 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

It is the same hairpiece, IMO

That's just a recolor of the Zombie Businessman hairpiece

I second this. It is the same hairpiece, just placed differently.

• NINJAGO City measures over 24” (63cm) high, 12” (31cm) wide and 16” (42cm) deep.

Why is it so much deeper than it is wide? :wacko:

7 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

Tree, dude.

Is it really 4 inches?

Edited by VaderFan2187
That's what she said...

35429721536_2b1ced37f2_z.jpg

Are those Trans. Light Blue cone parts under the tail of the tank part no. 48310 (pictured below)? If so, that would be pretty cool to get those in that color.

4629798.jpg

So much discussion on the minifigs but I absolutely love the ice tank. The price is a little high at $80 but I'll get it at release since it's a toysrus exclusive. I don't want to pay even more.

So much to discuss but one thing has bugged me. The new scuba piece used for most of the ocean villains seems to be molded only to the shark villains but a separate piece for all the other.

37 minutes ago, Clx_45 said:

So much discussion on the minifigs but I absolutely love the ice tank. The price is a little high at $80 but I'll get it at release since it's a toysrus exclusive. I don't want to pay even more.

Its $80 for 914 pieces that's pretty good in my opinion.  All of the sets are reasonably priced especially the Bounty, Temple, and Ninjago city.  I think the cmf's look really good and have some great accessories.  I think Lego did a really nice job with these.

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Welp, I didn't expect fold-out engines in the Mech Dragon.

Then again it is a Mech Dragon and not an Elemental one...

I noticed that from the back of the box images. That looks really cool. Man I love this dragon! I wonder if there's actually a flip open function on those engine pods or you have to fold them out manually, if so that's a wasted opportunity for a simple extra function. 

The ice tank looks cool and I love the geometric shapes toward the back but I feel like this thing should have been a flying vehicle. It looks like it could detach though, it would be cool if the whole front section could come off, have the cannon fold under the cockpit and have the triangle sections fold out to the sides to form wings.

Edited by ToaDraco

On 6/21/2017 at 8:25 AM, Boettner Builds said:

I've seen references on several forums to connecting to the modular buildings but I don't see any proof in the pictures!

Looking at it more closely it doesn't seem like it does connect to other modulars unless some modifications are done.

On 6/21/2017 at 4:35 PM, x105Black said:

I love this.  I hope this is successful, and that LEGO decides to do more modular sets that are not based on the City theme...

I want them too also. They should have done a modular set for the LEGO Batman Move & the TLM.

43 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Looking at it more closely it doesn't seem like it does connect to other modulars unless some modifications are done.

How so? Foot print is 32x32 it all stands on dark bley baseplate, and it has pin conectors on the sides, so...? :)