Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Why are new ninja masks made of 2 parts? Not a fan of this design , the existing ones are great, why make stranger inferior version?

Edited by benderisgreat

Your guess is as good as mine. 

I need to see them use the lower piece with the hair pieces on. It doesn't make enough justification to make 2-piece mask and then use them together all the time. They could have use the same old mould.

18443475_449744402026539_261343958617659

View Page Source, then you can see the jpg URL.

I suspected the masks would be two-piece since it looked like it wrapped under the chin tightly. I'd like to see what the top part looks like without the bottom portion.

The bottom mask alone looks better than the bandana masks, and might not interfere with some armor.

I like the ZX masks the best. Edited by BubbaFit45531

6 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

...aaaaand in case we needed to love the new masks even more.

I also feel this would be more effective if I could just figure out how to embed these instagram posts.

- You cannot use the top piece on its own without it looking silly (Bandana that covers the upper head, side's of the face)
- You cannot use the bottom piece on its own without it looking silly (Bowl shaped), making it not as good as the previous mouth covering piece

s-l300.jpg

Would rather they include the normal 1-piece normal mask and potentially the previous mouth covering piece, rather than spend money designing a 2-piece mask where both pieces are useless on their own. It seems unnecessary and just provides an extra piece to get lost. Plus the additional lower segment makes it slightly more tedious to remove the mask, as now you have to remove the head to remove the mask - rather than simply removing the mask on its own.

The 2-piece mask in general as of the moment does not seem justified - unless someone can find something interesting to do with the pieces seperate from the figures.

On 2017-4-24 at 10:30 AM, Tahu said:
13 hours ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

View Page Source, then you can see the jpg URL.

I suspected the masks would be two-piece since it looked like it wrapped under the chin tightly. I'd like to see what the top part looks like without the bottom portion.

The bottom mask alone looks better than the bandana masks, and might not interfere with some armor.

I like the ZX masks the best.

I kinda like the new mask it's something different but it is kinda awkward the lower part is and here is a picture showing Zane's backprinting and one of his faces

IMG_1239.PNG

Edited by Peppermint_M
No need to quote images on the same page.

7 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Yessss... we get the grin.

Now imagine an army of grinning ninja. :grin:

Haven't seen any polybag for this movie apart from Lloyd with kendo armour. Now, if we get Zane with this face and a way to army-build grinning ninjas, that will be just hilarious. 

31 minutes ago, makoy said:

Now imagine an army of grinning ninja. :grin:

Haven't seen any polybag for this movie apart from Lloyd with kendo armour. Now, if we get Zane with this face and a way to army-build grinning ninjas, that will be just hilarious. 

Zane is in the cheapest set so I guess you can buy many of them if there is not a Zane poly bag.

Edited by LegoShroom

On 14/05/2017 at 7:09 AM, LegoShroom said:

Is it just my imagination, or is Garmadon's lower torso piece slightly longer than standard, or perhaps attached to a new piece that fits between it and his legs?

10 hours ago, Lordofdragonss said:

Looks like bowl, heh

I find myself reminded of the film "Up."

5 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I found two new books (Dutch editions):

Oooh. May I ask what "Geheim Dagboek" translates as? (My dutch is only good enough to translate the other title. ;) )

2 hours ago, LegoShroom said:

Zane is in the cheapest set so I guess you can buy many of them if there is not a Zane poly bag.

You're right! I hope that all of them have dual face prints. Zane clearly has dual face print because comparing the 2 pictures, the position of his eyebrows are different. At least, when I get many grinning Zane face, I can easily switch to the serious non-grinning face when I get tired of the grinning face.

I might actually pick up the small set now, in addition to the kai mech and Destiny's bounty just so that I can have multiple Smiley Zanes.

1 hour ago, Northernstorm said:

Oooh. May I ask what "Geheim Dagboek" translates as? (My dutch is only good enough to translate the other title. ;) )

Secret Diary

The other one is The Book of Spinjitzu as you've already guessed

Edited by Johnmeel

I'm interested in the destiny bounty, kai fire mech, and city chase.  

Coles tank looks very cool too, but there's only a blurry image on just2good YouTube.

7 hours ago, Scarilian said:

- You cannot use the top piece on its own without it looking silly (Bandana that covers the upper head, side's of the face)
- You cannot use the bottom piece on its own without it looking silly (Bowl shaped), making it not as good as the previous mouth covering piece

We'll see about that, leave it to me! :grin:

37 minutes ago, gundamz said:

Coles tank looks very cool too, but there's only a blurry image on just2good YouTube.

Are you talking about an image of Zane's Tank or Cole's Mech?  And is it an actual set image or an image from the movie poster (which has been out for a while now).  I also checked J2G's YouTube feed but there is no clip of either in his list.  If it is a set image, then that would be the first image we've seen.

Edit:  Found the image.  I'm pretty sure that's a fake.  It's definitely not a set box artwork image (which is all we have seen for the other sets so far) and it doesn't look like an additional set image that isn't the box art either.  If anything, it looks like it MIGHT be a photo from a catalog, but since it's supposed to be a retail exclusive, it wouldn't be in a catalog, right?  Also, there is a lack of any villain minifigs/vehicles in the image (the image shows all of the Ninja, so again, doubtful this is real). 

Edited by TPLSTER21
See above. Found Image. Looks fake to me.

15 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

*huh* I wasn't expecting that AT ALL. That's so cool!

13 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

Why are new ninja masks made of 2 parts? Not a fan of this design , the existing ones are great, why make stranger inferior version?

The dual molded masks that were used since Possession are technically 3 piece. The black hood serves as the base, then the colored part wrapped around the chin (like we see here), and lastly the colored headband serving as the "belt". There's a picture of Skybound Lloyd below to use as an example

461580.jpg

Does Wu canonically have a ponytail braid? Or is that person above Lloyd the First Spinjitzu Master?

Edited by gamejutzu

1 hour ago, TPLSTER21 said:

Are you talking about an image of Zane's Tank or Cole's Mech?  And is it an actual set image or an image from the movie poster (which has been out for a while now).  I also checked J2G's YouTube feed but there is no clip of either in his list.  If it is a set image, then that would be the first image we've seen.

Edit:  Found the image.  I'm pretty sure that's a fake.  It's definitely not a set box artwork image (which is all we have seen for the other sets so far) and it doesn't look like an additional set image that isn't the box art either.  If anything, it looks like it MIGHT be a photo from a catalog, but since it's supposed to be a retail exclusive, it wouldn't be in a catalog, right?  Also, there is a lack of any villain minifigs/vehicles in the image (the image shows all of the Ninja, so again, doubtful this is real). 

Could some point out these pics to me?

3 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Could some point out these pics to me?

I don't want to link to it here as I don't wish to incur mod-wrath.  However...a You Tuber called "BrickLoversTV" has it in his video list.  They also refer to the set name as "Zane's Titanium Turbo".

I can't say I like the fact that the hood is made from 2 pieces. It just seems rather unnecessary. On top of this, only the bottom piece looks useful.

It's an interesting concept, to say the least. 

Edited by Boogly22238

I'll wait and see what the hoods look like with the lower half + hairpiece combo, but as of now I'm not really feeling it. They look good when combined, but pretty odd when only one is attached.