Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

You seem to misunderstand me: Do you want to have the Movie SET Discussion in the 2017 set discussion thread?

Instead of a split between Nijago 2017 and Ninjago Movie Sets, all the set discussion happens here for any and all Ninjago related LEGO sets in 2017.

11 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Less: zero.

They will be ninjago movie, but in fall. No ninjago in june, july august or september

14 minutes ago, Peppermint_M said:

You seem to misunderstand me: Do you want to have the Movie SET Discussion in the 2017 set discussion thread?

Instead of a split between Nijago 2017 and Ninjago Movie Sets, all the set discussion happens here for any and all Ninjago related LEGO sets in 2017.

I think the Ninjago Movie line will continue in 2018, just like the TLM or the TLBM which got more than 1 wave. 

Probably even both the winter and the summer 2018 waves could be Ninjago Movie. 

I think Ninjago Movie sets/CMFs discussion should have its own separate thread, just like Batman Movie got its own thread

:classic:

15 hours ago, NinjaJayNuva said:

Guess I'll finally express my opinion on the "new ninja" . …Jay looks like he has lost all his positivity and humor, as he's described as "insecure"…

Umm, Jay's been insecure since Season One. Pretty much every story arc focused on him has dealt with that. "Snakebit" has him ashamed of his upbringing and wanting to hide that from the other ninja, "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" has him going to great lengths to hide his Serpentine transformation from Nya because he's afraid Nya will reject him if anything goes wrong on their date, "Rebooted" has him worried that Nya will choose Cole over him, and "Skybound" has him, again, self-conscious about his upbringing and afraid that Nya's lost interest in him. I'd go so far as to say that Jay's insecurity is one of his central character traits.

3 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Split set discussions. Like for TLBM sets and DC Super Heroes sets.

Edited by Penkid11

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

Keep it as one thread, with the Ninjago Movie being presumably the next wave for Ninjago I see no point in splitting.

Do you want to have the Movie SET Discussion in the 2017 set discussion thread?

No, keep it all here. Movie is just another Ninjago wave. Can't be bothered checking two forums instead of one, and non-movie will go quiet for 6 months anyway.

Keep both Movie and tv show discussion in this thread. No reason to split them, plus since there's no tv show sets in summer wave this thread will die pretty quickly. So keeping them together is better.

All 2017 Ninjago sets should be discussed in one thread regardless if they are for movie or tv. There is a lot of repeated back and forth references to the tv sets and movie sets and if we have 2 different topics it is going to be confusing. Right now with the state of the topics I can't remember which Ninjago thread I posted. 

Movie discussion should remain in the media forums.

I already got this one bookmarked!

Also, uh, on a more realistic note, I don't follow the series, and I probably won't see the movie, so I just kind of lump all the license together. I guess I'm saying keep the set news here, where we already are.

8 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

[They will be ninjago movie, but in fall. No ninjago in june, july august or september]

Do you suggest that The Lego Ninjago Movie sets will come in August???

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN
Added what Tragic Banjo replied for and changed.

8 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Umm, Jay's been insecure since Season One. Pretty much every story arc focused on him has dealt with that. "Snakebit" has him ashamed of his upbringing and wanting to hide that from the other ninja, "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" has him going to great lengths to hide his Serpentine transformation from Nya because he's afraid Nya will reject him if anything goes wrong on their date, "Rebooted" has him worried that Nya will choose Cole over him, and "Skybound" has him, again, self-conscious about his upbringing and afraid that Nya's lost interest in him. I'd go so far as to say that Jay's insecurity is one of his central character traits.

Guess we really have to wait for the trailer to know if he really lost his charm.

All set discussion for 2017 Ninjago, Movie or not, will be here.

Plot points and show/movie discussion belong in their respective threads. This includes the "character" of a character. Appearance of a character will affect the toys, so that can be discussed here.

To explain it:

I have the retailer catalog and there are all sets for summer.
There is NO ninjago. Usually this covers until august. So, I believe there will be NO ninjago sets in stores until at least september. Perhaps, since some sets are unavailable in stores but are on lego shop at home site, I say PERHAPS they will be available online.

And since I won't post pictures do not ask me for those.

The first official trailer. 

Even though I'm not a Ninjago collector / have any of the sets this looks really good. Some of the sets that are coming in august are in the trailer ;) 

Really loving those new vehicles, especially the dragon! Wonder how Cole's vehicle will work logistically, but they all seem amazing!

After seeing that trailer, I'm starting to warm up more to the new suits and hope we'll see them in the flesh soon. Also curious to see everyone's unique weapon. I think I remember seeing Cole use a hammer in the calendar but I could be mistaken.

Here's the best shots I could get of the new vehicles. I assume they are majorly scaled up like all the Movie Vehicles but I'm excited to see how the sets look in comparison:

Nya Spider Walker:

Nya's WalkerNya's Walker

Jay's Flyer (this one kinda looks like the Milano...)

Jay FlyerJay Flyer

Lloyd Dragon:

Ninjago Movie VehiclesNinjago Movie VehiclesNinjago Movie Vehicles

Cole Mech:

Ninjago Movie VehiclesNinjago Movie Vehicles

Zane Tank:

Kai Mech:

Ninjago Movie VehiclesNinjago Movie VehiclesNinjago Movie VehiclesNinjago Movie VehiclesNinjago Movie Vehicles

Destiny's Bounty (?):

Ninjago Movie Vehicles

Garmadon Shark:

14 minutes ago, legozebra said:

Here's the best shots I could get of the new vehicles. I assume they are majorly scaled up like all the Movie Vehicles but I'm excited to see how the sets look in comparison:

*ever so muchly much snip*

Those all look beautiful. My faves are definitely Lloyd, Cole, and Zane.

They look really big compared to the usual System builds. Lloyd's dragon on its own looks like it would be a 70 Euro set at least. And the red mech seems to have knees, which isn't the norm with Lego mechs. Could it be that the sets have been souped up to make them easier to animate / more appealing?