Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

5 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Well folks, turns out that "leaked" "set" "list" for the movie is completely fake. Back to the drawing board!

Called it, I knew all those generic names for the sets sounded too oddball.

Honestly though I'm happy that the set list was fake, it sounded dumb overall IMO.

However can't shake the fact that the fake list got all the way to Brickfan.

10 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

Well folks, turns out that "leaked" "set" "list" for the movie is completely fake. Back to the drawing board!

Knew it! But what do you mean by back to the drawing board?

4 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Knew it! But what do you mean by back to the drawing board?

Its a common phrase meaning to reset back to the start. In this case, we've lost information we had that turned out to be fake, so Trajic Banjo is saying that we'll need to go back and rethink.

====

Now in terms of information, as far as i can tell the only thing we've heard that may be official is the following;

- 11 Ninjago Movie sets
- 20 figures in the Ninjago CMF range
- There will be 'BIG' sets similar to the Temple Of Airjitzu

Definitely different. Looks like Jay still likes Nya, Kai is still Jealous of Lloyd. Cole seems a bit standoffish, and Zane kinda still looks Robot-esque. 

I like them though. 

I take back on what said earlier,they look pretty good!!! Really liking Nya and Lloyd but I have to say that Kai's hair look horrible,his face says everything xD.

Zane's hair and face remind me of some of the old LEGO PC games (Alpha Team, LEGO Island, etc). Wonder if that was a conscious reference to play up his digital persona.

Meanwhile, the curlier hair and freckles for Jay remind me of some of the "humanized" fan art I've seen of him on sites like Tumblr. It's a shame he lost his red hair, though.

I'm glad Nya is continuing to use a Titanium Metallic outfit with blue accents, like in the Hands of Time sets. That really suits her and helps the color of her outfit stand out from Jay's or Kai's.

The costumes are nice and diverse, and the faces are very expressive. The new hairstyles in general should help the characters' silhouettes stand out more than if they continued to use generic hair.

Kinda disappointed that instead of real Japanese they're using a pseudo-Asian font. I wouldn't have minded a greater sense of authenticity for this movie. Most of the outfits seem to be labeled with the ninja's element, but Lloyd's just says "Ninja" and I can't tell what Jay's says.

What's up with these hairpieces, I don't understand? Is this how they will appear physically in the sets as well? Because, what's the point of making entirely new molds for their hairpieces if they are only slightly alternated version of already existing pieces? 

Just now, Cagast said:

What's up with these hairpieces, I don't understand? Is this how they will appear physically in the sets as well? Because, what's the point of making entirely new molds for their hairpieces if they are only slightly alternated version of already existing pieces? 

That just seems to be the aesthetic approach for LEGO movies - a lot of hairpieces for TLM and TLBM are similarly stylized versions of previous parts.

Just now, Cagast said:

Lego created so many useless new molds in the last years. Like a helmet for a SW figure that appeared two seconds & has just slightly different shapings than an existing piece.

Even after the awesome Lego (Batman) Movie, I'm afraid these changes, together with the different voice cast, will destroy Ninjago as we know it. I grey attached to all characters - will the Hands of time be the last thing, that isn't a commercial caricature of Ninjago?! :cry_sad:

5 minutes ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Lego created so many useless new molds in the last years. Like a helmet for a SW figure that appeared two seconds & has just slightly different shapings than an existing piece.

Even after the awesome Lego (Batman) Movie, I'm afraid these changes, together with the different voice cast, will destroy Ninjago as we know it. I grey attached to all characters - will the Hands of time be the last thing, that isn't a commercial caricature of Ninjago?! :cry_sad:

It's a completely different story set in Lego Movie Universe that has nothing to do with TV show. Some characters like Garmadon and Wu might have some similarities with tv show counterparts but other than that it's completely different universe. Personally I consider it "What If" universe.

Huh. Not what I was expecting, but I don't get the extreme backlash - they look pretty good to me and I really like the variety. Zane's expression is perfect for what I imagine Zach Woods as a minifigure would be, and I appreciate the stylized expressions and hair. They actually really remind me of the Alpha Team expressions, which may have been what they were going for.

I welcome all those new hairpieces. Zane is kinda creepy but that's expected of a nindroid... right? I'm sure those facial expressions are just in the movie. I hope they don't look too emo on the actual minifigure. 

29 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Ok those hairpieces are kinda over the top

Especially Kai and Jay's

It's a LEGO Movie...I'm kinda surprised people are surprised. Like this is the same franchises that had a blind wizard in a bath robe, crocks and a pair of neon green crocs.

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Hovertank Pilot? :\

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Ok those hairpieces are kinda over the top

Especially Kai and Jay's

Jay looks horrible. Wayy too different from the TV Show one.

And Zane's hair = :sick:

Sorry, I don't like to bash things, but why did LEGO have to mess around SO much with Ninjago??

Only thing I don't care for is Kai's hair, though it is kinda funny and I could see it growing on me (... not in the literal sense). The rest I find refreshing, I'm liking the direction the LEGO movies are taking minifigures in (I loved the Batman movie designs too). Both the Batman and Ninjago movie characters tend to have more personality, makes some of the previous versions of the characters feel same-y and boring in comparison, to me.

Edit: BTW, here's a higher quality version of the pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C36UZ9NW8AQCZFl.jpg:large

And an imgur mirror since that link is from a tweet: http://i.imgur.com/dvjcr2i.jpg

Edited by jamesster

I agree with what a lot of other people have said; Nya looks to be the best. I think she might even be better than any of her previous versions. I like her new hairpiece better than her old one. Jay looks pretty good too. I'm a little iffy on the rest, but I think they'll grow on me. Zane is kind of creepy looking though.