Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

3 hours ago, amazingbricks said:

The earbuds and phone ruin the torso:sceptic:

Agreed, I think they are completely out of place with the character, without them this would have been a superb torso. The other twin has an hourglass instead of the mp3 if I saw that correctly, so that may turn out better.

A nice surprise to me was the clock: its made up of a 4×4 dish and the printed 6×6 that came in Marvel's Avenjet (?), where I thought it was one piece. :classic:

Public Service Announcement:  YouTube video shows that 2017 Ninjago sets will be released in the USA (and Canada - NA release dates always the same) on January 1st.  Which means that TRU/Wal-Mart/Target are pretty much guaranteed to have them before Christmas.  So happy we won't have to wait for these until March!

4 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

Public Service Announcement:  YouTube video shows that 2017 Ninjago sets will be released in the USA (and Canada - NA release dates always the same) on January 1st.  Which means that TRU/Wal-Mart/Target are pretty much guaranteed to have them before Christmas.  So happy we won't have to wait for these until March!

What is the video?

6 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

You're a bit late ;) But I am excited to start seeing them on selves in the few weeks.

Whoops.  Sorry.  For some reason, I didn't notice your post at the top of the page.  Ninja'd  :blush:

2 hours ago, jake0324demo said:

What is the video?

There are 2 videos.  In the first a kid calls his local Lego store and they tell him that the 2017 Ninjago sets are coming out in January.  The second is a video that references the first video while showing a January catalog.  One of the sets in the catalog is the Vermillion Intruder and it shows as available Jan. 1st. 

1 hour ago, Takanuinuva said:

That Samurai X head print does not work at all with Nya's hair :tongue:

Yeah I remember in the show she took off her helmet and the goggles came off with it. But it could be different with the newest one (3.0). While it most likely isn't meant to be worn like that (Similar to Zane's other face), it can probably still work as separate from the helmet.

Edited by gamejutzu

How come Russia gets this Ninjago goodies earlier than most, if not all countries?

27 minutes ago, makoy said:

How come Russia gets this Ninjago goodies earlier than most, if not all countries?

It's always the same youtuber, though, so I guess he just has his connections.

I think this'll be the first time I'm really interested in army building. The Vermillion or whoever-the-heck-they-are's copious amounts of armor will make for an excellent LotR-esque battle scene with lots of clangy noises in the soundtrack.

Here is, technically, our first look at The LEGO Ninjago Movie Sensei Wu minifigure. (Source: Brick and Bricks Facebook)

image.jpeg

Edited by latenightguy

1 hour ago, latenightguy said:

Here is, technically, our first look at The LEGO Ninjago Movie Sensei Wu minifigure. (Source: Brick and Bricks Facebook)

-snip-

Very nice traditional and modest style. :classic:

Sensei Wu doesn't look any different from the Sensei Wu that we know... hopefully it's a good sign that the rest of Ninjago characters will be very recognisable from the TV show as well.

That's some neat CGI... The torso and leg fabric look melded together.

I wonder if we'll see some sort of series from the movie? Something like mini-episodes.

Not sure if it is allowed to share here, so I'll just describe what I see and leave a link.

The September 2017 store calendar shows art style of Kai, Cole, Nya(?) and Wu. The Ninjago Movie ninja suits will have a quite a lot of black, with accents of their signature colours, as far as I can tell. Cole has a sleeveless gi. All of the ninja have a black hood, Cole's is decorated, Kai's has a red bandana, Nya's has a grey bandana. Wu is the same figure as the key chain. It seems like the ninja will have traditional basic weapons. Kai has two katana's, Nya has a spear (with a hook at the other end?), Cole has some kind of hammer, Wu has a good old fighting stick.

http://www.imgrum.net/media/1403034947001793196_3571853670

Thanks for the link... If that is a give away store freebie then I suppose someone will get a better picture of that.. right now, I can hardly see any details except the weapons and colours of their gi. 

The long cloth skirt looks good.............. in that cgi

I hope it will look good in the actual minifigure

So... Why do their faces look like play-doh cakes?

It looks like you can turn these new masks completely to the side, so we've basically gone as far as you can get from the 2011 hoods.

It's really nice to see that each ninja will have designs and accessories unique to them. It looks like Nya has one of the new belt pieces (or a new mold?) And Kai has the double sheath. 

The ninja will also probably all have some symbol on their headbands. Nya has one too, but it's hard to see.

Also, I really hope these guys have alternate heads, because that really is not looking good. Maybe it's something like the 2012 TMNT, where their eyes enter a "ninja mode", then go back to normal?

Edited by gamejutzu

Just now, gamejutzu said:

So... Why do their faces look like play-doh cakes?

It looks like you can turn these new masks completely to the side, so we've basically gone as far as you can get from the 2011 hoods.

It's really nice to see that each ninja will have designs and accessories unique to them. It looks like Nya has one of the new belt pieces (or a new mold?) And Kai has the double sheath. 

Also, the ninja will probably all have some symbol on their headbands. Nya has one too, but it's hard to see.

Given that it's a LEGO movie, I'm guessing a new mold. I eagerly await the rest of the movie designs, specifically Zane.

Cole's costume looks almost the same in that previous pic, when they announce the voice casting... I hope Jay doesn't get that new hair color, he doesn't look like the Jay we know :/

IMG_3533.JPG

Edited by Jurik

18 minutes ago, Jurik said:

I hope Jay doesn't get that new hair color, he doesn't look like the Jay we know :/

IMG_3533.JPG

Well, the color's only a shade darker. At least it's still brown and not something like blonde.

Edited by gamejutzu