Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

3 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

What's the UK release date?

All sets apart from the D2C are coming out on the 1st August. That's including the CMF. As for the D2C, that comes out on 1st September :wink:

Edited by J4ck
Extra Information Added

40 minutes ago, Boogly22238 said:

My favorite ninja suit, though I wish the cloth piece was a bit shorter 

What makes you say that? Also the cloth will be good for samurai customs, shame you can't buy cloth on Bricks and Pieces :(

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

All sets apart from the D2C are coming out on the 1st August. That's including the CMF. As for the D2C, that comes out on 1st September :wink:

I'm gonna make the bold claim that the early access set on the August Calendar is Ninjago City. If it turns out to be true. That means that it's a shorter wait, and I'm absolutely okay with that.

Just now, Penkid11 said:

I'm gonna make the bold claim that the early access set on the August Calendar is Ninjago City. If it turns out to be true. That means that it's a shorter wait, and I'm absolutely okay with that.

It is. 

Also, with the Lego Movie and the Lego Batman Movie, they both got a smart car style car, the double decker couch set got Emmet's and there was a TRU exclusive build with Batman's in, will we get one for the Lego Ninjago Movie?

70818-1.jpg?201409280709

TRUBATMOBILE-1.jpg?201702110507

Edited by J4ck

5 hours ago, J4ck said:

What makes you say that? Also the cloth will be good for samurai customs, shame you can't buy cloth on Bricks and Pieces :(

Just a nitpick of mine. Nothing wrong with it as it is, though. 

Looking back at the CMFs, this might be the first time I'll get all of them

7 hours ago, J4ck said:

I think the piece would be even better if it was like it is in the movie (shorter, and just how it is in the movie in general). It'd make customs a lot better that way

I don't have a problem with it right now, but I kind of want it to be accurate to the movie. The piece looks a lot better there.

Edited by gamejutzu

8 hours ago, Boogly22238 said:

Just a nitpick of mine. Nothing wrong with it as it is, though. 

Looking back at the CMFs, this might be the first time I'll get all of them

Won't be my first time (other than series 1), I'm not really interested in them all. I'll get Garmadon wearing the black rice hat and the four henchmen, I'm happy none of the henchmen are the villains with those blue hats. My favourite has to be the octopus henchman as he is the first CMF to include a stud shooter and just looks great!

6 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I think the piece would be even better if it was like it is in the movie (shorter, and just how it is in the movie in general). It'd make customs a lot better that way

I don't have a problem with it right now, but I kind of want it to be accurate to the movie. The piece looks a lot better there.

I'm gonna have to rewatch the trailer to see the differences, I wasn't paying attention to Nya.

I wonder how strict they will be with the release date of these sets. Like I wonder if they will have the strict marvel or D.C dates or will we possible see them pop up at the end of July

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wonder how strict they will be with the release date of these sets. Like I wonder if they will have the strict marvel or D.C dates or will we possible see them pop up at the end of July

The answer to your question is:  Not very.

The sets are already available for sale at LEGOLAND Billund in Denmark.  They are also available from North American sellers on EBay (that is if you feel like paying a 100% markup over N.A. retail price to get them early).  The sets should be widely available at retail in North America within the next 2-3 weeks or so (TRU, Target, Walmart) and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Lego stores had them a few days earlier than the "official" August 1st release date - say the weekend before July 28th-29th.

Given all of the above, I'm also pretty sure that TLG sent out a few sets to some websites/YouTubers for preview reviews.  Keep an eye out over the next week or two.  I know a couple of people from Brickset are active here.  Perhaps they can confirm if they are going to be getting some sets in advance for review? 

Edited by TPLSTER21
Corrected some dates

On 3.7.2017 at 11:01 PM, J4ck said:

...Also, with the Lego Movie and the Lego Batman Movie, they both got a smart car style car, the double decker couch set got Emmet's and there was a TRU exclusive build with Batman's in, will we get one for the Lego Ninjago Movie?

snip....

Oh that would be lovely.One Smart Car for every Ninja and each Car is black with the contrasting Parts in each Ninja`s Color.I would totally buy them all.

I just realized that there are no joints on the Water Strider's...er... "pelvis"-region. They swivel left to right, but they don't bend up and down. Only at the four ankles and knees.

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

I just realized that there are no joints on the Water Strider's...er... "pelvis"-region. They swivel left to right, but they don't bend up and down. Only at the four ankles and knees.

They don't actually seem to swivel (unless you mean by rotating the "head")—they seem to be fixed in place with Technic beams that extend to form the upper legs. But for a water strider, I think that's okay—realistically the legs wouldn't need to leave the surface of the water to convey motion, unlike a "walking" mech.

BrickVault just uploaded a video of every Garmadon figure ever, and apparently there have only been 5 variants. That amazes me since we're getting 5 more variants with the first wave of the movie sets and the CMF series. 

8 hours ago, TPLSTER21 said:

I know a couple of people from Brickset are active here.  Perhaps they can confirm if they are going to be getting some sets in advance for review? 

Nothing yet, from what I know! I hope to start reviewing before August begins, though (if I can find sets before launch, or if Huw receives some or all of them to photograph prior).

Edited by TheBrickPal

Since the official release date is August 1st for the CMF line, WhiteFang's review has to be posted soon

6 hours ago, badchriss said:

Oh that would be lovely.One Smart Car for every Ninja and each Car is black with the contrasting Parts in each Ninja`s Color.I would totally buy them all.

Someone should use the instructions and Bricklink these.

9 hours ago, badchriss said:

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

Someone should use the instructions and Bricklink these.

I'll do some LDD work on them, hopefully we'll see them officially release. I'm guessing only one will be done and that will be Lloyd's as he is the main character.

13 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Nice. Now all we need is Training Zane.

Isn't Zane a robot?

Why would he need to train?

He only needs software/hardware updates

Edited by Robert8

6 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Isn't Zane a robot?

Why would he need to train?

He only needs software/hardware updates

Nindroid! :tongue:

Besides, even if he WERE completely robotic, training could still serve an important function for calibration purposes. Software might include how to punch but without calibrating it specifically to his body, he might punch too hard or not hard enough.

On a more serious note, have any sites done a review of the Batman one? I don't generally make Brickfilms, but something like this could still be useful for photos depending on how steady it holds the camera.