Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

22 hours ago, chezzymann said:

Got the quake mech, its awesome! Love it even more than the fire mech. Lots of cool little details.  That wheel is megablocking huge. 

Have you had any issues with the balancing? 

Hey guys the new sets are officially up on Asda.co.uk. Prices are exceptionally reasonable and will try to pick them all up;

- Pirahna Chase £14.99

- Garmadon’s HQ £44.99

- Quake Mech £69.99

2 hours ago, Peasantseverywhere said:

Prices are exceptionally reasonable and will try to pick them all up;

- Pirahna Chase £14.99

That's good I was expecting £20.

I got the "making of the movie" book today from Amazon. Wonderful book, so full of ideas. Also got the Garmadon, Garmadon, Garmadon set, the Piranha Attack set and the Volcano Lair set. My week is full to bursting.

So the instructions for the Quake Mech are online. Now that I have all 6 of the ninjas mechs in LDD form. I'm trying to create a mighty combination of the 6 of them. Problem is i'm terrible with large mocs. I have all but the main torso cockpit planned out. So i could use some help of anyone is willing.

Hey guys, a bit OT here (apologies!) but do you think Ninjago City will ever be offered outside of the Lego store? For now it remains "Exclusive" (in Australia at least) and AU$500 is a little more than I'd like to spend.

It would be great to pick it up in a dept store one day for 20% off but I fear that may be wishful thinking...

1 hour ago, bataleon said:

Hey guys, a bit OT here (apologies!) but do you think Ninjago City will ever be offered outside of the Lego store? For now it remains "Exclusive" (in Australia at least) and AU$500 is a little more than I'd like to spend.

It would be great to pick it up in a dept store one day for 20% off but I fear that may be wishful thinking...

Well, I have seen a few €200+ sets (i.e. Classic TV Series Batcave) in a "LEGO Superstore", an extension of an ordinary retail store, so I would not rule out the possibility that NC appears there as well one day. The chances of finding it on discount, though... :sadnew:

Your best bet on getting a discount is with VIP-point events, or AFOL-related purchase events. 

9 hours ago, bataleon said:

As it is a Direct 2 Consumer set, you'll only be able to find it in store regularly at LEGO Stores.

As many large retailers also have the D2C sets available on their website, they can technically accept returns on D2C sets in store. This would be the only way a D2C set ends up in a a store outside of LEGO, but as a rule of thumb, newer D2C sets are never discounted.

@Exetrius @Penkid11 Thanks guys. There's a double VIP points coming up on the 15-17th Dec so perhaps I'll get onboard then. I've never bought from the Lego store before because double or even triple point as a "percentage off" isn't all that exciting. Getting something back is better than nothing though and there's bound to be another D2C model I'll want from them in the future. 

The way D2C is structured is a little confusing because the Snowspeeder and Silent Mary (to name just two) are recent D2C models that I've seen in big retail stores here. Anyway, Ninjago City is a must have for me and I don't buy a lot of sets. Rather than wait around perhaps it's best that I pay full price and grab some points while I'm at it...

Just now, bataleon said:

@Exetrius @Penkid11 Thanks guys. There's a double VIP points coming up on the 15-17th Dec so perhaps I'll get onboard then. I've never bought from the Lego store before because double or even triple point as a "percentage off" isn't all that exciting. Getting something back is better than nothing though and there's bound to be another D2C model I'll want from them in the future. 

The way D2C is structured is a little confusing because the Snowspeeder and Silent Mary (to name just two) are recent D2C models that I've seen in big retail stores here. Anyway, Ninjago City is a must have for me and I don't buy a lot of sets. Rather than wait around perhaps it's best that I pay full price and grab some points while I'm at it...

It is unlikely that it retires any time (year) soon, so technically there's no reason to rush a purchase. Maybe check with your LUG, or see if you can obtain a discount as a reward for displaying your moc at a LEGO store (not entirely sure if that's how it works), before you buy it at full price. Or wait for double VIP with an attractive gift-with-purchase deal. 

Spoiler

I feel bad for being so lucky... I got mine at an unbelievable 50% discount, because I was an exhibitor at LEGO World Utrecht 2017. Five D2C's were selected for half off, so it was like the deal of the century, and otherwise I would have never gotten it, ever.

@Exetrius Thank you, you've given me a bit to think about. For some reason I assumed the set wouldn't be around for very long because it's tied to the movie and whatnot. But you're right, it's an impressive set that has received great praise so it should be a round for a while yet. Man, you were lucky to pay what you paid :sweet:

Does someone know when The LEGO Ninjago Movie theme will be discontinued? I'm asking because the first Ninjago wave of 2017 did not last a whole year.

3 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

Does someone know when The LEGO Ninjago Movie theme will be discontinued? I'm asking because the first Ninjago wave of 2017 did not last a whole year.

I haven't heard of a third wave coming. I'd imagine there would be enough material left to fill three more sets, at most.

4 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I haven't heard of a third wave coming. I'd imagine there would be enough material left to fill three more sets, at most.

He didn’t ask about a third wave, he asked when the current waves will be retired. 

7 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

I’m assuming the sets will retire after about a year or a year and a half. We’re coming up on the one year mark for the first wave of Lego Batman Movie sets, but I haven’t heard anything about retirement for them yet. 

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I’m assuming the sets will retire after about a year or a year and a half. We’re coming up on the one year mark for the first wave of Lego Batman Movie sets, but I haven’t heard anything about retirement for them yet. 

Thanks for your reply. I noticed that with TLBM as well and they even get a second wave + CMF2 theme. No idea if that goes for TLNM as well, but let's certainly hope so! I just don't hope the first wave of 2018 (Sons of Garmadon) means that the TLNM sets have to go to make shelf space. There are plenty of sets I want but can't afford in one buy.

I ordered the 3x Garmadon Shark Mech though. Can't wait to build that beasty submarine and all that sand blue sure is great!

I just wanted to add that I saw the Russian LEGO catalog of 2018 a day ago and I noticed that Zane's Ice vehicle is missing. The rest of the TLNM sets AFAIK are still there for at least the first quarter/half of 2018. The LEGO Batman Movie's 2017 sets are nowhere to be seen. I think it's best to get the ice vehicle first because of this.

12 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

I just wanted to add that I saw the Russian LEGO catalog of 2018 a day ago and I noticed that Zane's Ice vehicle is missing. The rest of the TLNM sets AFAIK are still there for at least the first quarter/half of 2018. The LEGO Batman Movie's 2017 sets are nowhere to be seen. I think it's best to get the ice vehicle first because of this.

Is it because it’s a retailer exclusive? Were the Shark Mech, Jelly Sub, etc there too?

15 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

ninjago movie 3rd wave?

11 hours ago, legozebra said:

Is it because it’s a retailer exclusive? Were the Shark Mech, Jelly Sub, etc there too?

Oh... THAT might explain it! Last two you mentioned are not there either, because I assumed those are retailer exclusive. I had no idea the Ice Tank belonged in that sales categorie as well to be honest.

9 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

ninjago movie 3rd wave?

Unfortunately. Only TLNM 1st and 2nd wave, along with SOG.

21 hours ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

ninjago movie 3rd wave?

If the leaks are to be believed, we'll get a 3rd wave in the second part of 2018!

On 12/22/2017 at 1:31 PM, Dardanel said:

If the leaks are to be believed, we'll get a 3rd wave in the second part of 2018!

Sort of. One more massive set at least.

On 12/24/2017 at 8:04 AM, Megaflora said:

Sort of. One more massive set at least.

I saw that box too. Why are they doing another humongous D2C? The movie wasn’t as good as the other two critically and financially, and we already got one of the best sets ever in Ninjago City. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

I saw that box too. Why are they doing another humongous D2C? The movie wasn’t as good as the other two critically and financially, and we already got one of the best sets ever in Ninjago City. 

They probably already designed the sets before the release of the movie. 

6 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

They probably already designed the sets before the release of the movie. 

True, and Ninjago is a very popular theme and TV show so I’m sure they expected the movie to do better than it did. It looks like another $300 D2C though, and it’ll probably be amazing and I won’t be able to buy it.