Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

2 hours ago, turk187 said:

Does anyone know when the next wave of Ninjago movie sets will be released?

Decemeber 1st

1 hour ago, Clx_45 said:

Decemeber 1st

There could also be a chance on Black Friday this year along with The Joker Manor and possibly the next wave for TLBM.

4 hours ago, turk187 said:

Does anyone know when the next wave of Ninjago movie sets will be released?

It's been heavily implied that they'll show up in December. Whether that comes to fruition, no one really knows, but plan for it to happen, nonetheless.

I just finish building of Ninjago city set.. and put it ot my city as planned. Finally. And I must say, it is truly gorgeous set. Fantastic build, interesting details and techniques, perfect solution for many ideas and concepts... This is by far most complex set I ever seen/build/have... It work as stand alone (full city with enough inhabitants) as well as it works in modular city line. If I have to choose which set to keep this will be imediate answer. I am really glad that I have chance to have it (its hard to find here in Czech...) and price wise its just perfect bargain for almost 5 000 pcs. 

Note: interesting thing - this is D2C set from action and adventures lego theme - Ninjago where main story is about fight against something..but in this set, there is no single weapon (aside from Jays "nuchaks" and that shark army thug´s "fish thingy", but I didnt count them because they are brickbuilt). No katanas, sai, axe, or anything like that. Only one cleaver for Sushi master and thats it. I dont mind it its just interesting that even Lloyd´s sword isnt present. Only suit. 

Want to get the city and Destiny's Bounty.  Already have Master Falls (just to get a Garmadon).  Nothing else is really jumping out at me, set-wise, but I did love the movie.  I'm hoping for Michael Strahan and Robin Roberts minifigs!

I asked this in the questions thread but I'll re-ask here just i case some one has an answer.

When will the ninjago bricktober pack be available? and how do you get it in the UK?

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

I asked this in the questions thread but I'll re-ask here just i case some one has an answer.

When will the ninjago bricktober pack be available? and how do you get it in the UK?

We're surprisingly very, very uninformed in that department, seeing as we're literally a day away 'til October.

Bricktober events are on the American TrU site, as are art for the figures, but nothing on the actual release of those packs.

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

We're surprisingly very, very uninformed in that department, seeing as we're literally a day away 'til October.

Oh dear 'gulp' thanks for the update though.

Would anyone happen to have LXF files for the Ninja's Mechs (Minus Cole since his isn't out) I have some mods I want to try on them and it would be helpful not to have to build them all from scratch.

23 minutes ago, LegoRacer1 said:

If you go here you can type in the set number and find them.

I know that I'm just wondering if anyone has done so already. It would save me a whole bunch of time.

20 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Well I did some digging and found this about last years packs-

'It may be November rather than October, but Toys R Us UK now have the exclusive Bricktober minifigure packs in stock on the company’s website and trickling out to stores across the country. Each pack contains four minifigures, made up of existing parts, in a loosely themed window box. The four sets are exclusive to Toys R Us, and following the tradition of the retailer offering a ‘Bricktober’ exclusive. The packs are priced at £9.99, or are free with a purchase of £45 or more. The four choices are Cops and Robbers, Musicians, Warriors or Athletes.'~Graham of brickfanatics

As last years packs were far less interesting I did not notice at the time however such a course of events may be repeated this autumn.
This will most likely be the last bricktober promotion but I think it has the best offerings ,with 2 of the packs (ninjago and tlbm) having caught my attention.

SO, I saw the Lego Ninjago Movie this past week. While rewatching it tonight, I had a revelation: the bridge in the set “Master Falls” is named “the Bridge of Fallen Mentors” in the film. Does anyone then think the set name is an intentional pun? 

Edited by Aegis2000

6 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

SO, I saw the Lego Ninjago Movie this past week. While rewatching it tonight, I had a revelation: the bridge in the set “Master Falls” is named “the Bridge of Fallen Mentors” in the film. Does anyone then think the set name is an intentional pun? 

Probably, they seem to like making that really on-the-nose humor in these LEGO movies.

1 hour ago, Aegis2000 said:

Yeah, someone mentioned this two months back. After watching the product animation they asked if the set name implies that Wu would die there. 

10 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Yeah, someone mentioned this two months back. After watching the product animation they asked if the set name implies that Wu would die there. 

Oh? I don’t usually get around to watching those! Interesting they’d do that. 

Does anyone have an idea how long Ninjago City would be available?

I can't make up my mind if I should buy it. It has so many nice elements, but I don't think it would fit in my collection of modulars. I would like to modify the set, but I want to be sure I would be able to do it before I buy the set.

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

Does anyone have an idea how long Ninjago City would be available?

I can't make up my mind if I should buy it. It has so many nice elements, but I don't think it would fit in my collection of modulars. I would like to modify the set, but I want to be sure I would be able to do it before I buy the set.

Thanks!

Considering how well-received it was, the price point of the set and the shelf life of other products in that price range, I'd guess at the very least 4 years.  

Btw, I got the TRU minifig pack. Love Neuro! The Kai face if possibly the best one yet, an ideal blend of the scarred face of the sets and the facial features he has in the show. Much like the minifig pack exclusive Zane, Cryptor's print wraps around the side of the head. No secondary faces though. 

On 9/29/2017 at 7:47 PM, Takanuinuva said:

Would anyone happen to have LXF files for the Ninja's Mechs (Minus Cole since his isn't out) I have some mods I want to try on them and it would be helpful not to have to build them all from scratch.

Yes, they're in the 'Official Sets Built in LDD' topic, either on the last page or the second-to-last page.

35 minutes ago, PicnicBasketSam said:

Yes, they're in the 'Official Sets Built in LDD' topic, either on the last page or the second-to-last page.

Thank you. This will make things much easier.

Turns out Bricktober starts next weekend on the 8th, according to the TRU employee I asked today...

Edit - Thanks to everyone who commented - I went back and asked a different person and got it. (Seems rather disorganized if you ask me, but hey, I'm happy).

Edited by legozebra