Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Being a quick joke doesn't preclude them appearing physically in the future... I certainly wouldn't mind a fig like that!

Yes exactly, me neither! Somehow I like it in that colour, even though I'm nowhere near a fan of that colour in general. 

28 minutes ago, bobasdad said:

The "Brown Ninja" started out as a joke as well; but we eventually got him in minifig form (twice, actually).

Same thing, technically with the purple ninja, which was, fittingly, a child. Nelson, to be precise.

4 hours ago, bobasdad said:

The "Brown Ninja" started out as a joke as well; but we eventually got him in minifig form (twice, actually).

I see your (and others') point. But Dareth was a part of the show and integral to the plot with speaking lines from the very beginning. He deserved a figure as much as Misako did.

Spoiler

This new color ninja is in the movie like a split second to merely illustrate a one-off gag line for the audience. Nothing more.

It doesn't appear he's in the small December wave. My hunch is that the Dec wave, to coincide with the home video release, is the final movie wave as the brand will then shift back to the TV show for Season 8 and beyond. It would take a box office opening north of $50 million to convince me otherwise (Warner Bros. is estimating $30 million).

We're getting most of the "marketable" set ideas and characters from the movie already anyway. The only exception I can think of as seen in the trailers and a missed opportunity...

Spoiler

More of the volcano toasted Shark Army generals. One unique toasted general is not enough.

Would I want his figure? Absolutely! But I just don't see it happening as anything other than an out-of-left-field exclusive polybag down the road.

It would be the equivalent of getting a Pink ninja version of Zane from Season One. Although given that was far more than a split second, but a portion of an episode, perhaps pink is even more likely??

54 minutes ago, d-delay said:

It would be the equivalent of getting a Pink ninja version of Zane from Season One. Although given that was far more than a split second, but a portion of an episode, perhaps pink is even more likely??

Seeing as we only just caught up on all of the Stone Armor Ninja, and are still waiting for all the Elemental Masters, there's still hope for pink Zane now, as much as it was 5 years ago. Whether they'll do so with TLNM characters remains to be seen, however.

With regard to the fuschia ninja, worth considering how many figs we've gotten for The LEGO Movie and The LEGO Batman Movie that were likewise just momentary sight gags.

13 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

With regard to the fuschia ninja, worth considering how many figs we've gotten for The LEGO Movie and The LEGO Batman Movie that were likewise just momentary sight gags.

Pink Power BatGirl and Seasick Unikitty come to my mind

Even more, it rumor has it we'll get Tropical Joker in Batman Movie S2 and he wasn't even part of the actual film. He only appears during the credits

Edited by Robert8

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Pink Power BatGirl and Seasick Unikitty come to my mind

Even more, it rumor has it we'll get Tropical Joker in Batman Movie S2 and he wasn't even part of the actual film. He only appears during the credits

On the flip side of what I said before, it is worth noting that many figs like I was describing (including those you've listed) are alternate versions of major characters in the movie. So even if that particular version of the character isn't too important or memorable, a fig of them can derive part of their appeal from how memorable and important that character was in general.

But even then, a lot of the LEGO Batman Movie villains were of fairly minor importance to the movie as a whole, as were a lot of the characters in The LEGO Movie sets and minifigures series. Certainly many of them didn't get called out as blatantly as the Fuchsia Ninja does.

Just wanted to share my Ninjago "Kryptarium Prison Breakout" Lego build video. It’s a standard lego build video, but it ends with an Epic Battle with the Ninjago characters. It’s very timely with the new Ninjago lego movie coming out in a few days.

https://youtu.be/CXd8CeVaXlI

Thanks,

Lucio

I just saw pictures of Coles Mech and the  Piranha Chase,  both come with Lady Iron Dragon.

Just seen the Movie and I have to say without spoilers most of the sets are based on first part of the movie. Too bad there's no sets  of second half of the movie except for Temple.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Just seen the Movie and I have to say without spoilers most of the sets are based on first part of the movie. Too bad there's no sets of second half of the movie except for Temple.

Which in it of itself is faaaar from accurate in set form.

Spoiler

At least they didn't omit it completely, like Spinjitzu Training, and NINJAGO City Chase.

3 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Which in it of itself is faaaar from accurate in set form.

Hide contents

At least they didn't omit it completely, like Spinjitzu Training, and NINJAGO City Chase.

Spoiler

Spinjutzu was a throwaway joke, which I find odd.

I wonder if both of those omitted sets were created merely to hit the low price point with little regard to move accuracy.

Or, they are from cut scenes. Several of the trailer shots are not in the movie.

The Brick Time uploaded more high-res images on Flickr. No confidential stamps or anything, so I guess they can be posted here:

36555878923_2857e2bb46_o.jpg

36555879643_7e96613541_o.jpg

37178204206_d14ddd570c_o.jpg

Disappointed that there's no exclusive Lloyd variant in the spinner, unlike the old Airjitzu flyers. At least I don't have to get it for the fig, I guess.

Not a fan of the new spinners, I liked the old ones. Airjitzu was interesting but not as good as the old spinners in my opinion. I'll definitely get the Piranha Mech, that looks like a great $20 set! Cole's Quake Mech is cool, but I'm not a huge fan of the design and I'm going to skip the set. I love that Volcano Base, though! The sand green octopus is awesome, as is that scientist and what looks like a new Great White variant. I'm really happy with the size, as most Lego villain lairs tend to be really expensive and before prices came out I assumed this would be a $120 set. I'm always a sucker for Lego ice and lava pieces! 

What will make or break my opinion on the spinners is whether or not they'll include trading cards.

My 2011-2012 stash is getting lonely.

Also, I have to be honest, Agents really spoiled Volcano lairs for me. Neither of the two since have been as interesting as Dr. Inferno's.

The Quake Mech apparently has a kick stand to keep it standing up.

And regarding the spinners...

Spoiler

Why are they using Spinjitzu? There is nothing in this movie about it, so why are they performing it?

I'm fully under the impression that this movie was under time constraints, and that they simply had to choose a direction in the allotted time in order to finish the movie. So many things are inconsistent in concept, the sets, the video game, and the actual movie itself that begs for answers as to what happened.

Edited by Penkid11

Just now, Penkid11 said:

What will make or break my opinion on the spinners is whether or not they'll include trading cards.

Doubt it, or else it would almost certainly be on the packaging. 

Out of all of the new sets, the Quake Mech looks like the only must-buy for me. Is that a turntable in the cockpit, or am I trying too hard to look for one?