Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

23 hours ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

Head's up for any Irish or British LEGO fans, Smyths is having an up to 50% off sale which allows you to get Destiny's Bounty at a huge discount. I just got it for €100, saving €70 on Shop at Home's price. *huh* :classic:

Can't wait to build this thing! I've never owned a LEGO ship or any Ninjago sets, so I'm a bit nervous as I had meant to buy the Fishing Store, but at that price I couldn't say no. 

Apparently, if you buy it for £ it ends up being around €85, which is a crazy good discount! Shame they don't deliver this set :/

So, I believe the European store calender says that, starting September 15, you get the Lloyd polybag and the Kai Dojo polybag offer should also still be valid. None of these show up in my cart after adding, say, the Destiny's bounty. I am logged in as a VIP, though. Any one else have the same trouble?

I've been a Lego collector for about 20 years, but only picked up a couple of Ninjago sets.  But I am so impressed with the Ninjago movie sets. They are great designs, each unique, good minifig selection and really well priced. I am thinking this wave is the best wave of Lego sets I've ever seen.  

I guess they've made me a Ninjago fan. Anyone think it's the best overall ever.

Edited by Tmanderson

2 hours ago, Tmanderson said:

As far as a wave of sets go I agree. It's simply the best. Ever.

Go watch the Ninjago TV series on Netflix from the beginning and you'll find yourself tracking down older sets and figures as well :)

The minifigure selection for the garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! set is just terrible

The Braces Girl is cool, but not cool enough. The rest are already seen. Including a new version of the baby mould or a recolor of the Banana Guy would have made this set a lot better

20 hours ago, Tmanderson said:

I've been a Lego collector for about 20 years, but only picked up a couple of Ninjago sets.  But I am so impressed with the Ninjago movie sets. They are great designs, each unique, good minifig selection and really well priced. I am thinking this wave is the best wave of Lego sets I've ever seen.  

I agree! I've never cared about Ninjago at all before this movie wave. The sets seemed to be great for kids but not so appealing for adult collectors, which is fine and to be expected. I usually pick up at least one small set from each original LEGO theme, but yeah, Ninjago was one that never was meant for me. I was always a City and Star Wars collector, although I've become more City/Creator based as time's gone on.

This wave really has changed my whole outlook on it. Modestly priced, amazingly detailed sets. I'm currently building Destiny's Bounty, the first LEGO ship I've ever bought, and I'm having an absolute blast. It's like a D2C set at the price of an ordinary large-scale set (I got mine for €100, and it has more pieces than any set I've ever owned according to Brickset, over Palace Cinema). I probably can't afford Ninjago City, but it too is certainly one of the best official sets ever made.

The Green Ninja Mech Dragon is a set I'll probably cave on even though again, I've never had a LEGO dragon. It's just gorgeous and looks huge, great value for your money.

Even the little sets like Master Falls and the City Chase are wonderful.

I really do think you're right in saying this is one of the strongest waves of any theme ever.

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The minifigure selection for the garmadon, Garmadon, GARMADON! set is just terrible

The Braces Girl is cool, but not cool enough. The rest are already seen. Including a new version of the baby mould or a recolor of the Banana Guy would have made this set a lot better

Gotta say I disagree. Two unique civilian figs is comparable with sets like the Fire Mech and Lightning Jet and a cut above a set like the Ice Tank that just recombines the more generic civilian parts from other sets. Mind you, the selection isn't great or exceptional, but terrible? I wouldn't go that far.

59 minutes ago, AnnaBuildsLego said:

I agree! I've never cared about Ninjago at all before this movie wave. The sets seemed to be great for kids but not so appealing for adult collectors, which is fine and to be expected. I usually pick up at least one small set from each original LEGO theme, but yeah, Ninjago was one that never was meant for me. I was always a City and Star Wars collector, although I've become more City/Creator based as time's gone on.

This wave really has changed my whole outlook on it. Modestly priced, amazingly detailed sets. I'm currently building Destiny's Bounty, the first LEGO ship I've ever bought, and I'm having an absolute blast. It's like a D2C set at the price of an ordinary large-scale set (I got mine for €100, and it has more pieces than any set I've ever owned according to Brickset, over Palace Cinema). I probably can't afford Ninjago City, but it too is certainly one of the best official sets ever made.

The Green Ninja Mech Dragon is a set I'll probably cave on even though again, I've never had a LEGO dragon. It's just gorgeous and looks huge, great value for your money.

Even the little sets like Master Falls and the City Chase are wonderful.

I really do think you're right in saying this is one of the strongest waves of any theme ever.

If you do think you might want to dip your toes into other Ninjago sets, it wouldn't be a bad idea to be on the lookout for the Dragon's Forge… I've heard of it already getting marked down in some stores, and it's an amazingly elegant building with a creative dragon, a great price per piece, and a very interesting cast of characters!

In general I agree about the movie wave being extraordinarily strong, but that said, I don't think Ninjago in general has really been slacking in that department in recent years. There have been lots of outstanding dragons, buildings, and vehicles between 2015 and this year. What the LEGO Ninjago Movie does best is expand the scale of these sets, raising the average price point of the ninja vehicles well above a typical vehicle, mech, or dragon set.

Edited by Aanchir

I've seen the movie (early access thanks to WB).

Set discussion is going to be quite, shall we say, interesting once the movie's widely available.

And that's where I'll leave this subject until that day comes.

Penkid11, in the movie did you see anything that could be a wave three set for Lady Iron Dragon ?

5 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Set discussion is going to be quite, shall we say, interesting once the movie's widely available.

Ooh, I'm excited! Hoping for something really unique like a lot of what we got out of The Lego Movie!

7 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

I saw it as well. Keep in mind some of the sets were likely designed based off artwork alone and not moving animations.

17 hours ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Penkid11, in the movie did you see anything that could be a wave three set for Lady Iron Dragon ?

Absolutely.

13 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Ooh, I'm excited! Hoping for something really unique like a lot of what we got out of The Lego Movie!

Don't... don't get too excited... There's certainly a chance for something really awesome, but what might consist of a "third wave," at least theoretically (and personally) isn't going to be that spectacular.

My spoiler free opinion piece is in the TLNM thread if you want something to tide you over.

Edited by Penkid11

33 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Another minifig leaked. It's another hoodie L-loyd, with angry face and zipper down to reveal his ninja gi.

That's a promo minifigure for either September or October 

7 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Another minifig leaked. It's another hoodie L-loyd, with angry face and zipper down to reveal his ninja gi.

6 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

That's a promo minifigure for either September or October 

Yeah, we first saw it on or before August 1st. 

Do we have any members who live in Vienna, Austria in this forum? I'm staying here for 3 months and want to know if there is somewhere I would be able to find the Cole Mech Polybag. 

In one of the new trailers, a new ninja appears, I wonder if it will be in a set next year. I'm deliberately being vague here, WARNING pic in spoiler tag:

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

The robe reads "Fuchsia".

25 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Do we have any members who live in Vienna, Austria in this forum? I'm staying here for 3 months and want to know if there is somewhere I would be able to find the Cole Mech Polybag. 

Maybe @Balbo knows? Other Austrian EB members here

20 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

In one of the new trailers, a new ninja appears, I wonder if it will be in a set next year. I'm deliberately being vague here, WARNING pic in spoiler tag:

Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

The robe reads "Fuchsia".

Maybe @Balbo knows? Other Austrian EB members here

The answer:

Spoiler

This is just a quick joke in the movie. Not a new ninja.

4 hours ago, bricksnator said:

The answer:

Hide contents

This is just a quick joke in the movie. Not a new ninja.

Being a quick joke doesn't preclude them appearing physically in the future... I certainly wouldn't mind a fig like that!