Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

Picked up the Anger Fish Villain CMF today. I quite like the Ninjago Series, it has a lot of variety for someone who doesn't collect the theme. 

The next magazine fig is a stone swordsman, then it is Hands of Time Kai.

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I bought 70617 at a WalMart yesterday for $80. Haven't had time to build it, though, so it's still in my trunk. Box was pretty huge, and I got a lot of weird looks walking out of the self-checkout area.

Did anyone know there is a TCG series 2?! I picked up the starter pack and ten additional boosters today. Uploading some vids soon to Brick Burst.

21434054_493240567705832_265204798779817

12 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Woah, that looks like an amazing minifigure!

The same Instagram user has just posted an image of the TLNM Hot Dog Mascot seen in the trailer also. 

But I agree, Iron Dragon Misako makes for a most impressive and desirable minifigure, something that historical/fantasy fans can make great reusage of. 

As far as whether these figures are to be seen in 2017 or 2018 sets, they both may come in the wave reported to be released in December this year, but technically that may make them winter 2018 sets.

4 hours ago, ReZourceman said:

Did anyone know there is a TCG series 2?! I picked up the starter pack and ten additional boosters today. Uploading some vids soon to Brick Burst.

*snip*

I must know any and all information regarding this development, as soon as possible. Lives are at stake.

44 minutes ago, ReZourceman said:

*video snip*

Oh good. It's not a legit series two. Looks hobbled together by the Ninjago Magazine guys. It's a cool concept that I'd totally get behind, but with all the reused assets, I wouldn't mind if this never ended up in the states

Edited by Penkid11

Yeah it's not miiiind blowing, but I was quite excited to see it. I've opened those ten packs and there are some really nice Ultras/cards in general. The Airjitzu cards look superb, and the puzzle cards are a great idea.

48 minutes ago, obsidianheart said:

Hey, I built that Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon, and got an extra Cole hairpiece. Is that normal, or did I just super-luck out?

I think Jangbricks got an extra Cole hairpiece too, so it might be normal for that set. 

I got an extra Cole hairpiece in that set too.

I wonder if that new Misako minifigure will come with baby Lloyd? 

3 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

...another Nindroid without shoulder piece AND leg printing. Shame how they are much less detailed, compared to those from S3.

The lack of shoulder armor is understandable because that's basically Cryptor's thing, and I wouldn't have expected leg printing on this one since the magazine figs tend to stick to parts from current or recent sets. I don't feel like it's that much of a letdown; certainly more distinctive than the Nindroid Drones who don't even get headgear.

That's a pretty cool weapon he's got too!

4 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

...another Nindroid without shoulder piece AND leg printing. Shame how they are much less detailed, compared to those from S3.

@Aanchir is right about the shoulder armour. What's not acceptable is the lack of legs printing because I wanted to collect those Nindroids because they look cool as an army even though they are arguably one of the the weakest group to even fought the ninjas.

26 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

The lack of shoulder armor is understandable because that's basically Cryptor's thing, and I wouldn't have expected leg printing on this one since the magazine figs tend to stick to parts from current or recent sets. I don't feel like it's that much of a letdown; certainly more distinctive than the Nindroid Drones who don't even get headgear.

That's a pretty cool weapon he's got too!

It IS a letdown. I have not mixed the Nindroids I got from Zane's Tumbler because they look really downgraded. How can they downgrade the details of the Nindroids just like that. If one day you see Stormtroopers without legs printing, please tell me that it isn't a let down. If we don't express truly what we feel about these downgrades then one day it may truly happen to Stormtroopers because this saves TLG some ink for printing, and they think it's "okay". No, it's not.

I went by Target to finally get some CMFs, their minifigure aisle was fully stocked. I felt out Kai, the general, and Garmadon, so then I wanted Lloyd. I felt the bowl and the spoon, so I took it and went home with them all. And when I open it I see it's pajamas Garmadon... Who also has a spoon and bowl... I got 2 Garmadons... I feel crushed like you guys win't believe. But at least there were worse figures in the line that I didn't end up with instead...

11 hours ago, makoy said:

@Aanchir is right about the shoulder armour. What's not acceptable is the lack of legs printing because I wanted to collect those Nindroids because they look cool as an army even though they are arguably one of the the weakest group to even fought the ninjas.

It IS a letdown. I have not mixed the Nindroids I got from Zane's Tumbler because they look really downgraded. How can they downgrade the details of the Nindroids just like that. If one day you see Stormtroopers without legs printing, please tell me that it isn't a let down. If we don't express truly what we feel about these downgrades then one day it may truly happen to Stormtroopers because this saves TLG some ink for printing, and they think it's "okay". No, it's not.

But again, the level of detail of the previous Nindroids was already pretty variable. The Nindroid Drones in 2014 didn't have headgear, leg printing, or even silver arms like the typical Nindroid Warriors. Even one of the Nindroid Warriors in the X-1 Ninja Charger set lacked leg printing or multicolored arms, basically sharing the Nindroid Drone design except with headgear. It'd be one thing if the past two years' Nindroids were less detailed than all the ones we'd gotten previously, but in fact their level of detail is somewhere in between the Nindroids we've gotten previously — more detailed than a typical drone, less detailed than a typical warrior.

11 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I went by Target to finally get some CMFs, their minifigure aisle was fully stocked. I felt out Kai, the general, and Garmadon, so then I wanted Lloyd. I felt the bowl and the spoon, so I took it and went home with them all. And when I open it I see it's pajamas Garmadon... Who also has a spoon and bowl... I got 2 Garmadons... I feel crushed like you guys win't believe. But at least there were worse figures in the line that I didn't end up with instead...

I sure know the feeling. A couple weeks back I felt up two Shark Army Great Whites, instead of a Great White and Octopus. Then, to complete the series at the LEGO Store the next day (they have them sorted behind the counter), I asked them for the General... and what did they give me? A THIRD Great White! 

Thankfully, I finally got the real General last week. But yeah, definitely not alone.

Edited by TheBrickPal

Head's up for any Irish or British LEGO fans, Smyths is having an up to 50% off sale which allows you to get Destiny's Bounty at a huge discount. I just got it for €100, saving €70 on Shop at Home's price. *huh* :classic:

Can't wait to build this thing! I've never owned a LEGO ship or any Ninjago sets, so I'm a bit nervous as I had meant to buy the Fishing Store, but at that price I couldn't say no.