Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

3 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Exclusive lloyd polybag for October's promotion!

Yeah, that's left over from September and we already knew it was spilling over into October. 

2 hours ago, Clx_45 said:

Glad we're getting some, I wish we could'b\ve gotten Kai or Garmadon as well. Wu is an interesting choice since he doesn't seem to be pushed anywhere as near as Lloyd, Kai, Nya, and Garmadon. I'll be buying both anyways.

Wu is pushed quite a bit - mostly in shorts and Jackie Chan videos :D

Picked up the mech dragon, and wow, the size is wonderful. Looks great next to the Morro dragon from two years ago, even though it's robotic. Gotta get the temple next.

I'm curious as to why this is the only set with Garmadon's physical robes, though.

Just finished Ninjago City (what a stunning set!) and now my TLNM 2017 collection is complete (minus some of the polybags and the rumored Bricktober set). I have to say that I'm more than pleased with this theme :wub: I never really got all that much into Ninjago (apart from purchasing some small sets and minifigs here and there), mainly because I focus on movie-related themes, but this changed the game entirely (and not only because it's obviously movie-based) :thumbup: Initially, I didn't want to complete the theme and only got a couple of sets but liked them so much I ended up getting all the others as well, including my first modular building in the form of 70620. Has someone already posted a picture with all of the sets on display? If not, I'll provide one: 

36813616132_4f4117c6e1_z.jpg

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Has someone already posted a picture with all of the sets on display? If not, I'll provide one: 

Woah. Just...woah. That's impressive.

Edited by rodiziorobs

The Ninjago City was the best Lego build ever for me.. I am more into modulars but this one was really a step above.. A mix between steampunk and modulars, with a lot of details and unique building techniques. And cool features, like with the crab cooking grill, details I did not pay attention with modulars

Have you seen the extended movie trailer?

Edited by SwissBrick

New exclusive minifigs spotted at Toys'R'Us:

36887723601_15536d8fdb_b.jpg

These include:

1. White Nindroid! If I'm not wrong we never had one of these, and these are the good guys, made by Cyrus Borg.
2. Neuro. The Elemental Master of Mind. We're getting more and more elemental masters. Will we end up getting all of them?
3. Krux. This one feels like it uses different parts of different, existing, minifigures. Or am I wrong?
4. The Golden Ninja. To me it looks like a completely new gi. Is it just a recolor of some older one?

You can see others here. If you wish to read more about the figs themselves I did a post on my Ninjago-themed blog.

Edited by Dardanel

That is wonderful, I just hope that I can get it easily, I'm glad its show figs as though movie would be good they would be more variants rather than the more unique show ones. It should be noted that this is the younger Krux from when the twins were closer in age. The golden ninja isn't immediately recognizable but looks rebooted esque so it may be a golden ninja from the digiverse but it doesn't seem right for that so I don't know maybe just a made up variant or something from SoG.

The final pack can also be glimpsed in this photo showing a sailor so maybe its city, cmf or even a Lego ninjago movie one (I can dream dammit)

Whoops didn't check the other picture in my excitement, it is a cmf on which is better than city but its a real shame that they are all modern day ones :cry2: I mean they are all recolours so a black armoured spartan could reuse the batman greek helm and be way cooler than any of those pseudo-city cmf recolours (IMO) and would provide some variety widening the pack appeal (Sorry for the grossly off-topic rant :sceptic:).

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra
Gloden ,sigh I make that mistake too much.

What hair piece is that on Neuro? Doesn't look like an existing one. Thought it was Finn's or the widow's peak recolored at first but now I'm not too sure.

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

What hair piece is that on Neuro? Doesn't look like an existing one. Thought it was Finn's or the widow's peak recolored at first but now I'm not too sure.

In the flickr picture you can zoom in to see that it is a printed widows peak, which is okay but the ear less elf hair from the series would have been even greater but is understandable as a new part for a tru exclusive would be overdoing it.

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

In the flickr picture you can zoom in to see that it is a printed widows peak, which is okay but the ear less elf hair from the series would have been even greater but is understandable as a new part for a tru exclusive would be overdoing it.

Ah cool, cool. Thanks. Thats gonna be a very useful part.

Forgive my ignorance, but how are these going to be available? Will they be a gift with purchase, or available for sale? Any chance they'll be online? 

Just now, Legocity2713 said:

Ah cool, cool. Thanks. Thats gonna be a very useful part.

*cough* Parallax Sinestro *cough*

While not well versed in Ninjago, those figs look rather nice. My favourite is the white Nindroid

Just now, Rolyat24 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but how are these going to be available? Will they be a gift with purchase, or available for sale? Any chance they'll be online? 

The 14.99 seems to indicate that they are for sale (thought that would be the Austrian price) but they could also be gifts with purchase as well, though I'm am not familiar with tru offers and bricktober so this is mostly conjecture. 

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

Just now, Rolyat24 said:

Typically the Bricktober sets are Gift-with-purcase sets available exclusively through Toys R Us.

What happens after the promo ends, depends if the store has any remaining stock after the promotion period ends. If they have plenty, they'll become available for purchase, though this is very rare for Bricktober sets of this type.

I'm so happy that we're getting Neuro. He's my favorite of the Elemental Masters, and it's just wonderful that there's an opportunity to pick him up.

All we need now is Chamille, Bolobo, Gravis, and Jacob, and then we'll have a complete set of the Elemental Masters!

20 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

The gloden ninja isn't imeaiatly recognizable but looks rebooted esque so it may be a golden ninja from the digiverse but it doesn't seem right for that so I don't know maybe just a made up variant or something from SoG.

Yes. I do believe you are correct! I've looked at the images and the gis seem to match! Great catch!

Just now, Rolyat24 said:

They are sold for 14.99 eur or come free with purchases over 40 eur. TLBM ones are already available online : ) Ninjago ones will be available from 25.09.

So this is Germany? I am going to US from 29th Sept - 15th October. Hope they are available over there then. I need the Batman and Ninjago ones. Need.

4 minutes ago, ReZourceman said:

So this is Germany? I am going to US from 29th Sept - 15th October. Hope they are available over there then. I need the Batman and Ninjago ones. Need.

This is in Austria, so I assume in Germany as well. You can order these online, and I advise that you do, since I don't think they'll have TLBM by then.

Yes! We're finally getting Neuro! He has the Thrawn hairpiece, but this is the first time we have gotten that hair with printing on it. General Cryptor in white is fantastic, and who's the golden ninja? The first spinjitzu master?

13 minutes ago, Dardanel said:

This is in Austria, so I assume in Germany as well. You can order these online, and I advise that you do, since I don't think they'll have TLBM by then.

Wooo! I'll get some pics when I pic mine up at the end of the month. I'm in Austria for the next 3 months!

Its an odd choice to include Ninjago TV Show minifigures rather than the Ninjago Movie ones since this will be just a few days after the movie release date. All the fans will be looking for the movie characters

But they look cool anyway. I really like the ones in the middle. LEGO is really steping up their Bricktober game

31 minutes ago, Dardanel said:

Yes. I do believe you are correct! I've looked at the images and the gis seem to match! Great catch!

They are sold for 14.99 eur or come free with purchases over 40 eur. TLBM ones are already available online : ) Ninjago ones will be available from 25.09.

10 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Yes! We're finally getting Neuro! He has the Thrawn hairpiece, but this is the first time we have gotten that hair with printing on it. General Cryptor in white is fantastic, and who's the golden ninja? The first spinjitzu master?

After checking I can assure every one that this is golden Kai from the digiverse :classic:

The legs and head wrap threw me at first because in the show he had a golden half mask and unprinted legs, the legs are nice however and if we ever get a golden half mask then I will modify him, shame it is Kai and not Zane though, but I understand why Kai was chosen , I wonder if we will ever be able to complete the golden digiverse ninja set, I hope that if done Lego steers clear of US only target cubes.:hmpf_bad:

I feel so lucky! Since I live in Austria; rarely get the chance to purchase some of those these rare figures. Will pick up the white nindroids for sure! If any of you visit my town in the future, contact me & I try getting anotherone.

1 hour ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

After checking I can assure every one that this is golden Kai from the digiverse :classic:

The legs and head wrap threw me at first because in the show he had a golden half mask and unprinted legs, the legs are nice however and if we ever get a golden half mask then I will modify him, shame it is Kai and not Zane though, but I understand why Kai was chosen , I wonder if we will ever be able to complete the golden digiverse ninja set, I hope that if done Lego steers clear of US only target cubes.:hmpf_bad:

Huh, you're right! What an odd choice, and now I'll have to modify my ninja go display to fit in the lone golden Kai. I really hope we get the rest, as having just one is pretty odd. 

But I'm so happy we're finally getting Neuro - four to go!

That's......pretty meh.

In other news, I saw a TLNM poster at Walmart today that had the GPL Tech supposedly coming with the Volcano set on it. Also another with an Afro.