Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

That's a picture of Cole's Mech to match the movie, the set probably has braces in the back to keep it from falling backwards.

I hope it won't be too different - this one looks amazing! Though the mini version looks quite different to the one available in the polybag...

36663680262_c3fb479744_b.jpg

I prefer the polybag version tbh : )

2 hours ago, Dardanel said:

I hope it won't be too different - this one looks amazing! Though the mini version looks quite different to the one available in the polybag...

I prefer the polybag version tbh : )

Good catch, if this one has had changes so could any of the others , though I'd expect only minor differences.

On 8/26/2017 at 2:38 AM, Blazej_Holen said:

Color scheme on the other one is somehow weird... But overall nice work, and solid idea.

Thanks. Colors were based one what I had available at the time. Once everything is blocked out I'll start making final color decisions and Bricklinking what I need.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but right now Toys R Us has any minifigure series (So yes Ninjago) on a 2 for $5 sale. It's in store only so if you have some interest in getting these figures this would be a really good time to get some. The deal last until the 9-2-2017 from what I know, the website doesn't give much information 

2 hours ago, Knafstuds said:

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but right now Toys R Us has any minifigure series (So yes Ninjago) on a 2 for $5 sale. It's in store only so if you have some interest in getting these figures this would be a really good time to get some. The deal last until the 9-2-2017 from what I know, the website doesn't give much information 

Go to that guy and beat the shit out of him  Report the project. Only thing I have to say about this is: how low can you go! :hmpf_bad::thumbdown: 

14 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Go to that guy and beat the shit out of him  Report the project. Only thing I have to say about this is: how low can you go! :hmpf_bad::thumbdown: 

I think you quoted the wrong thing?? this does not make any sense without context and as far as I can see there is none so I presume you made a mistake sorry if I am incorrect. 

5 hours ago, Knafstuds said:

Website claims my local store has them, but I didn't see a CMF of any stripe in the whole store. Didn't even see them up at the checkouts.

2 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

I think you quoted the wrong thing?? this does not make any sense without context and as far as I can see there is none so I presume you made a mistake sorry if I am incorrect. 

That's weird.. you're right; it is supposed to be in the LEGO Ideas thread, but I'm pretty sure I quoted a comment in said thread. :wacko: Sorry!

Anyway, I was happy to find the set prelims today. Exciting villains as well as the ninja themselves, as far as I can tell at this point. Oh, and red katanas, finally! :sweet:

Just now, Exetrius said:

:wacko: Sorry!

Anyway, I was happy to find the set prelims today. Exciting villains as well as the ninja themselves, as far as I can tell at this point. Oh, and red katanas, finally! :sweet:

Ha, No problem but I'm sure you can see why I was confused, I also like the red katanas, hopefully someday we can have a ninja sword rainbow.

25 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

Website claims my local store has them, but I didn't see a CMF of any stripe in the whole store. Didn't even see them up at the checkouts.

If the website claims your store has them but you don't see them you should ask an employee to check if they have any in the back.

I noticed in the back to school trailer. Nya's civilian outfit has the printed arms. I wonder why the physical version doesn't?

On 8/28/2017 at 9:44 PM, Takanuinuva said:

I noticed in the back to school trailer. Nya's civilian outfit has the printed arms. I wonder why the physical version doesn't?

It's also like that with a couple of figures from the CMF apparently

About the Sons of Garmadon sets (there hasn't been much talk of it really :/), once again it looks like Zane has the best outfit! I love the neon blue highlights (reminds me of his deepstone outfit) and that his face is still silver. 
But something's still off. The Hagemen said the face models will remain the same... But in the sets Jay has freckles and no eyebrow cut, and Cole has different eyebrows and no scar? Is it just a thing with the sets?

Edited by gamejutzu

9 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

About the Sons of Garmadon sets (there hasn't been much talk of it really :/), once again it looks like Zane has the best outfit! I love the neon blue highlights (reminds me of his deepstone outfit) and that his face is still silver. 
But something's still off. The Hagemen said the face models will remain the same... But in the sets Jay has freckles and no eyebrow cut, and Cole has different eyebrows and no scar? Is it just a thing with the sets?

I wouldn't worry yet ,the final images may look better, as for now I can't see Coles scar but they would not remove that.

13 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

The Hagemen brothers said the facial rigs would stay the same, so how they moved...not the way they looked. I myself am a graphic designer and have friends who are animators and I don't know why everyone had this huge sigh of relief when they said the facial rigs would remain the same...

In just2good video covering the batman reveal he says that CM4sci said that one of the bricktober packs will be from the Lego ninjago movie

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

In just2good video covering the batman reveal he says that CM4sci said that one of the bricktober packs will be from the Lego ninjago movie

CM4Sci also posted images of Lloyd and Wu Brickheads to you know where.

Seems they went under the radar from all the UCS MF hype.

Just now, Penkid11 said:

CM4Sci also posted images of Lloyd and Wu Brickheads to you know where.

Seems they went under the radar from all the UCS MF hype.

Yeah, I was surprised those weren't being discussed until I remembered the Falcon was revealed today 

3 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Wu looks good

A Garmadon Brickhead would have been interesting to see

Thanks to @CM4Sci for the pictures :(

Found them myself, and yes, they are well designed. Lloyd of course comes with a nice pair of green Brickheadz eyes, something that may be useful for other Brickheadz MOCs. :classic:

It's also nice to see the theme take a direction not entirely focused on popular IPs, even though I'm sure Ninjago will eventually fall into the public sphere of conscious after the movie.

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Wu looks good

A Garmadon Brickhead would have been interesting to see

Thanks to @CM4Sci for the pictures :(

I'd be curious whether they could have one at the same price point or would need to go higher for a BrickHead with four arms!

Cool! A little disappointed Garmadon wasn't in there somewhere (would be neat to get a Wu + Garmadon box), but I like it. Also I just noticed the brickheads have... Ears... :look:

Glad we're getting some, I wish we could'b\ve gotten Kai or Garmadon as well. Wu is an interesting choice since he doesn't seem to be pushed anywhere as near as Lloyd, Kai, Nya, and Garmadon. I'll be buying both anyways.