Peppermint_M

LEGO Ninjago 2017 Discussion

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

There are three normal sets for the movie releasing in December (all of which are blacked out)

The fourth set listed is a spinner set for Lloyd.

Odds are the fourth rumored normal sized set is actually a store exclusive.

Zooming in the set numbers what was given on brickset, thise are the three Lego Ninjago Movie set we will get for the secound wave. Namely Pirana Chase, Garmadon's Vulcano Base and the Biggest one is Cole's Mech! So we will get it in December!!!!!!

By the way the New Ninjago sets look absolutely amazing! I really love Lloyd's new vechile design! It looks so glorious!

Edited by Tahu

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

There are three normal sets for the movie releasing in December (all of which are blacked out)

The fourth set listed is a spinner set for Lloyd.

Odds are the fourth rumored normal sized set is actually a store exclusive.

the store exclusive is garmadon garmadon garmadon, which will be exclusive to toys r us.

30 minutes ago, jake0324demo said:

the store exclusive is garmadon garmadon garmadon, which will be exclusive to toys r us.

That's right. Thank you for the reminder.

On 8/16/2017 at 2:27 PM, Kevii23 said:

Bought the official Ninjago Movie display case and decided to made some scenes in it with the CMF and smaller sets. It's missing some figures for the underside of the display and probably some extra floor details, but that's on it's way. 

Sorry for the somewhat dark pictures..

Ninjago display case

Ninjago display case

Ninjago display case

Could you tell me what colour the base plates are that come with this. Thinking of getting a couple, but want to make a second tier on each level to display more of my figures and want to match the correct colour.

53 minutes ago, blurrkup said:

Could you tell me what colour the base plates are that come with this. Thinking of getting a couple, but want to make a second tier on each level to display more of my figures and want to match the correct colour.

The Light Bluish Gray ones 8x16 (6 of them in total). 

37 minutes ago, Kevii23 said:

The Light Bluish Gray ones 8x16 (6 of them in total). 

Thanks very much. Can now start to brick link my order.

If anyone is interested to see an unboxing of Ninjago City including a look at the stickers and instruction booklet, I did a short unboxing video;

First impressions are very strong so far. I'm only 1.5 bags in! :)

The Ninjago Movie Display Case is now unavailable on Amazon. Does anyone know anywhere else to get one? There aren't any on shop.lego.com and google was unhelpful.

On August 14, 2017 at 3:51 PM, turk187 said:

This is the video I've been waiting for

That is amazing and really shows the various build techniques and play features well. The money spewing out of the ATM was funny. Thanks for sharing. 

Finally at a point where I can show off what I've been working on the past week.

KVhn8av.jpg

As you can see, I bought two copies of Ninjago city and am building a MOD. The moment I saw NC I new it could never set next to any other modular, but I couldn't bear for it to stand alone. So, I built the 1st one straight up and then modded the second one so its a mirror of the first. Still a work-in-progress. All the building on the MOD are empty at the moment as I wanted to block them out first. The red room next to the Cherry tree will need a better window design, The shop next to the comic shop has the window at the wrong height. Lots of things to work on. The sushi restaurant on the MOD is going to be rooftop garden and the giant com tower is going to be a temple. But this is as far as I've gotten.

and then...

qXDNFLr.jpg

I've only just started on the middle section. The street level here will start off with two more shops like the comic shop (10x10 with a step down door) and then a 12x12 shop in the middle. Above that will be one big shop. Then the high rise section will be either two or three houses. Lots of work to be done here, designing and Bricklinking.

I found a video in where someone found the concept art for Miasko's armor, lady iron dragon: 

The important pieces are definitely in place. I just hope this isn't a Lego store exclusive, but rather in one of the sets from the next wave

Edited by gamejutzu

2 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I found a video in where someone found the concept art for Miasko's armor, lady iron dragon: 

Wasn't there something where Nya said that lady iron dragon was her idol or something?

New Ninjago Movie sets look really good. Volcano Base is somewhat disappointing for me personally.

Just now, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Are pictures out? 

Yes, they're on reddit, youtube, and instagram.

I personally really like Garmadon's Volcano Base! The sand green octopus soldier looks really nice as well. The only thing I dislike about it is the inclusion of Zane. I don't need another Zane :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

14 hours ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Wasn't there something where Nya said that lady iron dragon was her idol or something?

I've never heard the name until I found that video. I do know Wonder Woman, Wyldstyle, Batgirl and Unikitty are her idols as well though.

7 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

I've never heard the name until I found that video. I do know Wonder Woman, Wyldstyle, Batgirl and Unikitty are her idols as well though.

Actually, that does sound familiar. I saw some character bios on my last trip to the Lego store, so it might have been there?

The Volcano Base looks nice! A bit small, but smaller means cheaper, so I'm okay with that. I like the look of the Quake Mech, but I'm still confused about how it stands on a single tire. I would've thought that it wouldn't be able to balance. 

That's a picture of Cole's Mech to match the movie, the set probably has braces in the back to keep it from falling backwards.